Problems after finishing vanilla campaign

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gearhead10.

• Hello,

I'm on my first SP playthrough with CF, and I made it through the vanilla campaign and got dumped on Manhattan again, with the message from Orillion. About the only thing I did on Manhattan was buy a merc license, and then I left to go to New Berlin.

I've tried reloading a few games, but I keep seeing these same issues. Among the symptoms:

No one, including me, has any cargo in their ship. My cargo indicator shows I have some, but I can't see it. When I dock at any station, commodities cannot be bought nor sold, there is no commodity list.

Bases selling ships - when I click on the ship icon to buy a new ship, instead it just kicks be out of that interface and back to the screen where I can pick from dock, bar, commodities, etc. I also don't see the ship models in the hangar when I click on the ship icon.

It looks like I can still purchase and sell equipment, but not commodities.

When I am in the universe map, none of the systems have names. Mousing over a system shows a blank popup where the name should be.

The missions don't have names. Instead of "An Old Friend", etc, the automatic save games have blank names.

I have a little yellow diamond icon over my ship.

I can't make or remove a waypoint anywhere or accept a mission in a bar. It tells me I already have a mission.

That might be about it. I followed the waypoints to New Berlin, met the Nomads along the way, talked to Orillion in the bar, got the reward and next mission, and I'm seeing the same stuff. I was hoping meeting Orillion would put things back to normal, but I can't explore between missions now because I can't set my own waypoints and I can't accept bar missions. I've searched around for other people talking about this stuff but I haven't seen anyone describe my situation. Is this normal or did something break?

Thanks

• Hi scrot :)

ok, so:

diamond about your ship is license you bought .. you do not need it, this one is for multiplayer - server role-play.

you cannot do missions while you follow play extended campaign. Why? ... bcs added missions are done as update to last vanilla mission and is not possible to add there "pauses" like vanilla have. Why? .. because this is hard-coded and not possible to change without FL source code (which costs small fortune).

you cannot set own waypoints in extedned campaign. You can only follow path you have given and see Crossfire history with your own eyes. Once this campaign ends, you will be free to do what you want in SP ... or maybe you will decide join us on server.

• I have also had the problem with blank names in single player. This happened when I clicked "Launch single player" before the launcher had finished loading and "launch multiplayer" was available to click. Maybe the launcher updates the names/tags/infocards and I started single player at the wrong moment. Now I'll always wait for the launcher to complete loading before I start single player and it works fine.

• no, its more likely that something totally went wrong during the installation and now files are missing

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• HI Scrot
    Im your wingman concerning the setting of our own waypoints thing, i thought i was going mad not being able to do my own thing.
    what a shame that we can,t go & explore & buy cool stuff to help in the fight against the aliens.
    Ive been sending messages all weekend about this problem although the rest of the game runs fine but with mission 27

MISSION

AT THE WAYPOINT (STOP) & WAIT FOR COALITION CMDR TO RETURN FROM THE UNKNOWN J/DATE !
    Well Scrot he didn,t , i went & had a shower & he still never came back ?
    but ive just been advised to move closer to the gate NOT TOO MUCH cos you will get fired upon & blown up
    This mission which im finding very hard to say the least is because your in constant flight with nowhere to
    resupply & i spent an insane $10 m on an armor upgrade & the DOM,K gunboats cut through me as if my NIGHTHAWK VHF was made out of butter
    even having a ADV CLASS 10 BRIGANDINE POSI SHIELD.
    Anyway mate ! your not off your rocker like i thought i was .

• Scrots and ged67, First off, the reason you can't set your own waypoints is due to a hard coding issue that can't be changed without the source code from MS for Freelancer. However, having said that, you can still explore and go to other points by visual navigation in order to acquire upgraded weapons or ships. The thing you must keep in mind is that in order to continue on the quest, you MUST go to the exact point where you left the path that was set for you. Otherwise you will cause a break and you will not be able to continue the storyline. Nothing we can do about that. With regards to the Coalition CMDR not returning. Just before they left for the hypergate there was a message that told you to stop where you were. If you had followed the storyline path that was set you should have been looking towards the gate and would have seen the ships go that way and right after they fly behind the gate there is a couple of bright flashes from that area. Shortly after that there was another message that indicated that the gate was very well protected and that you and Juni should get out of there and return to Sirius, followed by a waypoint being set at the jump point you had just come thru to start the return. If you deviated from the storyline path and didn't re-enter at the exact point you left it broke the mission. Try using the saved game from just before that portion and try it again. Don't use the Auto Save as it will be corrupted. Good Luck!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock