Crossfire 1.9 troubles reports

There are 371 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Update 5: After going to the large space station in the first Coalition system (the one with the massive planet) I ended up with two Junis. This isn't a "big problem" however the entire Coalition seems to be INCREDIBLY HOSTILE towards said Junis... I have died numerous times from the crossfire (no pun intended) that results from everything in sight trying to destroy her (them). Picture attached. Two Junis & Coalition death.png

I got the same problem....The reason why she get hostile is becouse she randomly fires the distruptor when she is close to a base....like the carrier in sovet or the HQ......also the 2 Junis followed me all the way to the DK gate and she was gone when it skipped to the next chapter :bcrazy:

`

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited once, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK ().

• will fix that

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• load one of the mission savegames

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I have a problem that still persists. I posted about them earlier.

I have this laptop:

K73SV
    8 GB memory
    500GB HDD
    Intel HD3000/Geforce GT540M optimus technology

The first time I ever installed crossfire 1.9 I tried to launch the game using the geforce card. It loads the crossfire.com wallpaper video thingy and when it wants to load the still wallpaper (before the start menu) the game gets stuck.

I tried numerous driver versions of the geforce including two official WHQL drivers and one beta driver. All still the same result.
    I can play the game when I point it out to the Intel HD3000, but the FPS are pretty slow then.

Today I reinstalled my laptop completely:

Installed W7 Home Premium
    Installed latest Windows Updates
    Installed all the latest drivers
    Installed the latest DirectX9
    For the geforce drivers I use the latest offical ones. 180.26

Then I installed freelancer and crossfire using the guide here on CF.
    Activation I changed nothing. The shaders were on. The game just got stuck again.

Then I removed everything and installed everything back. Now I deactivated the advanced shaders, but the problem still exist and can't play the game.
    I also tried compability modus to W XP, but the same effect.

So I think there is a conflict between the CF game and the geforce card/driver, but I have no idea's anymore...

Does anybody have more tips?

• what means get stuck? It crashes or the game just hangs and do nothing. Do you actually see the wallpaper or you dont?
    For me it takes a while till the menu appears. FL is loading some data - so it could be that eventually.

The game just hangs. THen when I open task manager it says that the game is not responding. But the game does work on the intel HD3000 graphics...

• i am not entirely sure what could cause this - but you could try this download from Microsoft. Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) Install it please and try it again. It could be that a missing dll is causing the hang (normally crash). I am aware of this problem and am working to fix it. Unfortunate i wasnt lucky yet with it. So it could be that on some PCs this must be installed.

signature.png

• i am not entirely sure what could cause this - but you could try this download from Microsoft.
    Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Install it please and try it again. It could be that a missing dll is causing the hang (normally crash). I am aware of this problem and am working to fix it. Unfortunate i wasnt lucky yet with it. So it could be that on some PCs this must be installed.

I installed the update ((the 64 bit one) but unfortunatily it still hung.

• us the 32bit version please... its not important on what system you run your software its dependent for what system the software is made for. And in this case its 32 bit ;)

Tried that one before the 64 bit one actually:P
    No effect.

(btw I have Windows 7 64 bit)

• doesnt matter if you're using 64 bit OS. As freelancer is 32 bit and i am using 32 bit for the development you have to use the 32 bit versions. Use the dependency walker and load the freelancer.exe into it. It reports what dlls are missing. We once had that an iemsh (or similar) was missing too. Then it seems you need to install the redistributional of Visual Basic. All a guess so far as i am not really sure whats going on on your end of the line. Sorry for not being more safe - but doing it step by step seems to be the only solution that i can offer...

signature.png

• doesnt matter if you're using 64 bit OS. As freelancer is 32 bit and i am using 32 bit for the development you have to use the 32 bit versions.
    Use the dependency walker and load the freelancer.exe into it. It reports what dlls are missing. We once had that an iemsh (or similar) was missing too. Then it seems you need to install the redistributional of Visual Basic.

All a guess so far as i am not really sure whats going on on your end of the line. Sorry for not being more safe - but doing it step by step seems to be the only solution that i can offer...

I understand! well the walker program says I'm missing:

GPSVC.DLL
    IESHIMS.DLL

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
    Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

• I had it sometimes that people told me that they have put the IESHIMS.dll into the freelancer exe folder and then they could start - at least sometimes the missing of that file was reason enough. Although it should have an affect on the launcher and not on freelancer itself.

Tried, but also didn't work. something is up with the nvidia card...

• Singleplayer: Mission in Sol vs. Nomad Carrier
    I get the instruction to destroy the carrier, and once destroyed, game crashes to desktop.
    graphics have it all activated (nvidia go 7300)
    problem is repeatable, both from autosave and manual save

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Freelancer.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.1223.11
    Application Timestamp: 00534d69
    Fault Module Name: DACOM.dll
    Fault Module Version: 1.11.0.173
    Fault Module Timestamp: 3e401cd3
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00003de4
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1050
    Additional Information 1: 899e
    Additional Information 2: 899eff4588e9b911a91cca0d5e6c4a82
    Additional Information 3: 4cc7
    Additional Information 4: 4cc7048530ba9d8482618b7782019a0e

• sunday morning, hoping to play a little crossfire. I log in great, and try to dock to the station red flag for 5 minute so I end the game, restart the computer log back in to the game and i cant log back in so i wait 1 hour or so, restart computer again log back in and wonderful i was able to log back in. 10 second later Damm Don kavash gun boat killed me and the game crash to menu no big deal I will just exit the game and reluanch the game and sure enough I cant log back in. beautiful sunday morning sunday only thing missing is a little crosffire game before breakfast.

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

sunday morning, hoping to play a little crossfire. I log in great, and try to dock to the station red flag for 5 minute so I end the game, restart the computer log back in to the game and i cant log back in so i wait 1 hour or so, restart computer again log back in and wonderful i was able to log back in. 10 second later Damm Don kavash gun boat killed me and the game crash to menu no big deal I will just exit the game and reluanch the game and sure enough I cant log back in. beautiful sunday morning sunday only thing missing is a little crosffire game before breakfast.

I can confirm...the last 2 crashes happened when you came Thom...

• I dont understand I didn't do anything different, it was going great yesterday except for that last crash around 10 pm my time and i wasnt able to log back in. when the game crash last nite i was trying to dock and was unable to do so, I logged back in today with the same char |PX|-O- and i tried to dock again. I recieved a "red flag" and the rest of the story is on the post before.

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709