ADVICE for MICE

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Trinity_.

• Hi folks,
    once again I'm asking for your help and advice, this time on "MICE". :D

I'm looking for a suiting gamer mouse, with the emphasis on "suiting".
    "Wished for" gaming specs :
    - 7 programmable buttons (including left/right and scroll wheel click) and more
    - minimum dpi 3000 (don't know what some people gain by 6400 and even more dpi [R.A.T. 9 "Contagion"])

Probs are my hands, since they are more of the "paw-class"-size :
    - lenght from wrist to middlefingertip 20 cm (or 7.9'' inch for the angloamercans around)
    - width flat on the table with the thumb aside the palm 11.5 cm (4.53'' inch)

ATM I'm using a Microsoft "SideWinder", length128 mm, width 75 mm, heights 42 mm, that doesn't truly fits my hand
    and thats "programming options" are more on the "sparse side". Even though I LOVE the layout of the thumbbuttons
    (above each other instead of lying horizontally "in line").

-as the Speedlink "Styx" gaming mouse I had. Well fitting heights about 50 mm, but too short, only 5 buttons with
    low programmability and - thumb buttons in line (I always hit both of them in this design :wacko: ).

I once used - or tried to use a Saitek "Cyborg" mouse (the model before their gaming mice branch became "Mad Catz").
    Lovely lenght adjustment, lovely 8 button option for the thumb - but - much to narrow, much to flat. I even tried to
    "remodel" it with dozens of tape layers and other stuff - to no prevail.

I would be thankfull for any recommandations on a suiting gaming mouse regarding the specs I mentioned above.

edit :
    Forgot something important :
    I am mostly a "PALM GRIP"-type, seldomly - depending on duration of use, game type (Civilization alikes) and accessable mouse bevice - fingergrip-type.
    NO CLAW-GRIP (didn't got the hack on that - by now).

edit 2 :
    For better comparison I attach a pic how I measured the lenght and width of my hand.

Files

• Hand.JPG

(15.79 kB, downloaded 6 times, last: )

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited 4 times, last by NucNuc: forgot something ().

• hello m8, try look on:

Logitech MX15 and new versions.
    Logitech - MX™518 Optical Gaming Mouse customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

A4Tech Bloody V7
    A4Tech Bloody V7-PRO Multi-Core Gun3 Gaming Mouse Review | Quest Gaming Network

from my own experience they are different but I get used to both after some practicing.

• Thanks for your reply, Martind :)

@ A4Tech Bloody V7
    Might be too small (L:124 mm, W:67mm, H:43 mm), in every dimension even smaller than the SideWinder I sport atm.

@ Logitechs
    hmmm, on the reviews you kindly linked to, there is already a statement (review 3) regarding a "size prob" on large hands
    with the MX 518. :S
    But maybe the newer ones like the G500 or G700, that also feature thumbbuttons above each other and not only in a row
    (something I learned to LOVE on the SideWinder, MUCH less stress on the thumb joints) :thumbup: ,
    might be worth a closer look, since they seem to be larger AND sport the logitech typical imho most advanced/comfortable
    palm rest design. I only have to find a shop, where I can "test" them. ;)

Something else : has anybody some experience with the SteelSeries WoW mice :?:
    hereand also here
    On youtube they look AWFULLY(beautyfully :D ) big.

Files

• nmzt29.png

(149.95 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Hi,

I just bought a logitech G700s a week ago! I have quite big hands, and found that one quite comfortable!
    If 2500 DPI are still enough for you, the G602 is also very nice! In fact I would have bought the 602 If it had slightly more DPI!

When I tried some at the store i was really close to buy this one, just because it was like... made for my hand :D

• Yeah I got a huuuuuge hand aswell (Basketball + years of gaming made it that way :D ) buuut since my budget was limited I got the Genius GX Maurus which, so far, serves me quite well. All I'm gonna get now is the GX Mousepad and I'm done with my setup (Maybe change my keyboard since the one I'm currently using is like.... 9 years old)

• Many THX for your input m8s ! :thumbup:

@ Zhe Boss
    Thx for that, neven seen it before. It seems to be a "claw-gripper" type, hmmm :S . But ... I've seen, that it comes in "normal" AND "BIG" size 8o !
    Perhaps
    I should start trying this kinda handling.

@ Free_4_Live
    But the prices ... :verrueckt:. Have you tested the 602 - perhaps at the shop - if it "fits your hand ? The 2 (or 3 ?) most backward thumbbuttons look a bit
    uncomfortable.

BTW, it would be GREAT, if you could give me the size of your hands (how to : pls see my starting post) for better comparison to my own needs 'n deeds.
    That would really, really help me, to make up my mind - esp. considering an ev. purchase of a pricey logitech. ;)

Thx in advance :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited once, last by NucNuc: . ().

• length - 24 cm
    width - 13 cm

It's big, i tell you :D

and as for the mouse

length - 11 cm
    width - 8 cm

(I got the smaller version)

but, to be honest, it fits your hand perfectly. I'll attach two photos so you can see and compare the size of the mouse with my hand, but seriously like, it fits perfectly. It's amazing I tell you :P (sorry for the brightness, i got no lights in the room, and my phone flash is too damn bright :D )

• :thumbup: THX

Great, that you coud answer THAtT quickley, and with these great info and pics (not their look, their content counts :thumbsup: ).
    I really should consider it.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I have owned several mouses including the g700... but the problem is that wireless mouses have "Mouse Lag"... so they are not good for games like CF..... so i recommend a wired mouse...... i use a "Roccat Kone Pure" with a Roccat Solid Steel mousepad myself.

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• Lil' update on my search, have tried so far :

Corsair M90
    for my taste almost perfect thumb button layout, still a bit to small overall,
    but the MAYOR drawback is the unbearable cklickpoint of the thumb buttons - like squeezing a rubber/tar ball :
    too much force needed NO feedback
    (IF someone had played BOTH, the M90 as well as the M95, which to my knowledge has just a new sensor, and tells me, that the M95 ALSO got new, easygoing switches for the thumbbuttons, I would give it another try)

Logitech G700
    I'm really dissapointed :pinch: ! Wasn't logitech once known for its high quality ?? Ok, just got a used one for testing
    (shouldn't "logitech quality" perform better ?), but:
    beside its heigh too small in every dimension for me, thumbbuttons almost without any feedback - and in a horizontal
    arrangement, which I don't lreally like so much.
    Is the G602 "better" in both ? .. feedback of the mouse buttons, as well as size ??

Steelseries WoW mouse (the silvery one)
    unfortunatly too small either, esp. the pinkyrest's too short, so that my pnky always travel ahead of it - works like a "brake"
    also too narrow - and here - too sensitive clickpoints on the thumb as well as the "regular" mouse buttons.

Is it too much asked for to find a PERRRFECT mouse ?? :P

I've "revived" my old Saitek Cyborg - well, I will have to called more a "Golem" now :eeeek:
    (see the attachments).
    BTW : if anyone has an old, unused or not anylonger used Cyborg mouse - I would be GLAD to get it for ... spare parts :D (compensations subject to PM)

Files

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited 3 times, last by NucNuc: additions ().

• I HAVE read your post - several times

AND I had it in my hand at the shop :
    body feels good, whee bit short, BUT my concern are the thumb buttons.

Once used to use only ONE joint - up n down - to reach them instead of TWO joints - forward n backward -
    you wont miss its comfort anymore. ;-)

BTW you're more of an "claw-gripper" ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Hi,

sorry for writing back this late.

Anyway, my G700s has a very nice feedback and of course yes, it is quite small in my hands though it is quite a big mouse.
    To have it said: I also tried an "old" G700 at the store (just to test the size) and that one had your said non-feedback buttons... maybe it's because of your used one to be bad?
    Another reason i found about the G602 may be the mouse wheel... the G700s has a really nice one with micro gear.. i think the G602 hasn't!
    And yes, i had the G602 in my hands, as I said, it felt like made for my hand, but still the DPI stuff isn't anymore what i need (currently using only 2700DPI as this really is enough for most games and more than this are simply too much for proper gaming and surfing (seriously it is..))

To that mouse lag post (too lazy to look how quoting works) from [UR]GrandAndreasK... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING??! I really NEVER had mouse lag when using either bluetooth mice or the wireless sensor of the G700s (had a Razer Orochi 2009 earlier).

• @ Kalisie
    The Ouroboros looks AWESOME !! ... as its price :-p

@ Diablo
    The Imperator looks "tasty" , drawback for me : orientation of the thumb buttons (forward/backward, as said : up n down much more comfortable for old farts arthrotic thumb-joints ;-P)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• So, I've been at a friends house last month, and we were buying gaming peripherals online. We got the whole ROCCAT set, meaning, the Ryos MK Pro (Keyboard), the Kone XTD (Mouse), Kave 5.1 (Headset), Apuri (Mouse bungee), Raivo (Mousepad).

So, let's take a quick glimpse on the set

ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro:
    -Per-key Illumination (An awesome feature I have used along with a script that makes your keyboard an illuminated equalizer, and I love that)
    -Easy-Shift[+] (You can assign a secondary key function to ANY key, meaning you can have over 500 macro binds on your keyboard)
    -N-key Rollover (You know when you play fast your hands move fast, but the keyboards can't always record every keystroke you make - I know, I used to play CS competitively - the n-key rollover makes that a thing of the past. Best Anti-ghosting technology so far)
    -Cherry MX keys (Capable of sustaining over 100 million keystrokes, they make the keyboard really durable, and you can choose from 4 key colors, each color having a different feel when you use it)
    -Smudge proof glossy look
    -32-bit ARM Processor
    -Integrated media hub port
    -Retractable stabilizers

I used it for over a week, while my friend had his old K70. I fell deep in love with the keyboard, and had so much fun configuring it to my needs. I won't keep it long, it is A-FREAKIN-MAZING. A must buy 10/10

ROCCAT Kone XTD
    -8200 DPI Pro-Aim Laser Sensor (The mouse just feels amazing rocking it on high DPI and pooling rates)
    -Easy-Shift[+] Button Duplicator (Make the most out of your mouse by making multiple profiles having different macros)
    -TDCU: Tracking & Distance Control (You can adjust the sensor precisely to your mouse pad, further improving tracking and minimizing pick-up-flight)
    -ROCCAT Driver + Macro preset
    -4-LED Multi-color light System (Two shimmering light rails powered by four independent multi-color LEDs that you can set in your choice of a wide range of vibrant hues)

Okay, you know, most people go for obvious choices like the Sensei, but no, I've tried at least 10 mice so far, and the Kone XTD just surpasses them by a mile. Best bang for the buck. 9/10

ROCCAT Kave 5.1
    -5.1 Surround Sound
    -Microphone with Mute LED
    -Tip'n'Control Desktop remote
    -Dual Sound-profile
    -Comfortable earcups
    -Adjustable vibration unit
    -Headband with three pads

The Kave can be compared to the Plantronics Gaming RIG - Most of the features the RIG has are included with the Kave. There are 4 adjustment scales so you can adjust it to the shape of your head; the headband comes with 3 pads to adjust the weight distribution on your head; the speakers have a 12dgs angle to achieve the real 5.1 surround sound; the desktop remote serves for central control of all volume functions

Basically, I'd rather go with the Siberia v2 Frost Blue then the Kave, but, it's all depending on how big your budget is. 8/10

ROCCAT Apuri
    -Active USB-Hub including an AC Adapter
    -Zero-drag mouse bungee
    -Device + Cable Management
    -Direct Port access
    -Passive use possible
    -Secure + Stable stand

While I don't really see a use for the Apuri, people tell me it's quite versatile. I can't tell much about it, so I won't rate it.

ROCCAT Raivo
    -Micro-granular speed surface (Ultra-fast gliding with mega-precise control)
    -Integrated flex-support plate (Max stability with the longest play comfort)
    -Ergonomic battle shield shape (Wrist cut-out for combat effectiveness)
    -Non-slip rubber backing (It won't slip, y'get it?)
    -Dirt-resistant coating (Tracking interference protection; easy to clean)
    -Combat-tested materials (Longest life of relentless hardcore gaming action)

So, when my friend got his stuff, I took the keyboard, mouse and the mousepad. I can tell that the Raivo is easily comparable with Razer Sphex both in performance and price (I don't know how this was possible :D ). The size of the pad is 350mm x 270mm x 2mm, having enough space to move your mouse around as far as you wish. Just like people use the Goliathus Extended Edition with Sphex, so do Roccateers (yes, that's how they're called), but instead of Razer products, they use the ROCCAT Taito (455mm x 370mm x 5mm) with the Raivo. I don't know why but they do. Anyways, to cut the nonsense, the Raivo is comparable to Razer Sphex in all ways. If you like Razer, you'll get Razer, if not, then it's up to you :D ; 9/10

To summarize: ROCCAT, like Razer or Steelseries, makes awesome products which are really, really good. I like ROCCATs style over Razers, the sleek look, the curves, everything to be honest. The whole set costed around $500 (with shipping), and I can say it's totally worth if you have the budget to support such a costy little venture. I already ordered the Ryos MK Pro just because I like it so much, and I presume you'd all like it.