Your thoughts about Season 8 "Voyager"

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Your thoughts about Season 8 "Voyager"....?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• While i think here is hardly enough info out there to really form an opinion on, here's the stuff that i do have one on:

- playable Hirogen: could be fun, why not
    - playable Borg or Undine: HELL NO!!!
    - getting (in)to the Dyson Sphere: now this should be fun
    _______- i'm guessing this will be the new "space exploration zone" they've been talking about
    - seeing more of the Voth, Krenim, Vidiians (maybe even Kazon) : sure

Characters: SA_WHISKY and all simlar (SA_something_WHISKY)

Edited once, last by Whiskyrunners_Inc.: indent ().

• Agreed, not enough information, but as long as the story-line & "adventure" is captivating then it should work. Maybe once you enter the sector/system the player is "stuck" there for a period of time? Say a week or must complete a number of missions in order to return.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• personally i always considered Voyager as series irrealistic, unbalanced and idiotic

a tiny federation science vessel messes with borg and countless of other species while the federation and kdf lost entire fleets in the alpha quadrant
    ALL voyager races appear to me extremly weak shooting hours on the voyager without dealing damage while voyager kills every ship with just 1-2 shots.

I also see logical conflicts in season 8 since both Federation and KDF have not the resources to reach out to the delta quatrant.
    lets face it... both factions are at war and both faction are also putting all their forces in supporting Cardassians and Romulans... not to mention the conflicts with the elachi, the iconians, devidans and tholians and of course the dominion/true way.
    IF you are fighting almost everywhere you dont reach out for new conflicts with other races. And the races of the delta quadrant for sure are not in the technological position to reach out to the alpha quadrant.

So choosing this plot is in my eyes pure nonsense.
    Next to that I would personally prefer to see a Season 7.1 instead.
    Important bugfixes... logical improvements.
    Instead of making the game bigger and bigger i would prefer if they make the game more interesting.
    Where are all the known alpha quadrant worlds?
    Beta Z and the other worlds of the playable species? It would be cool if the devs would finish their work on the alpha quadrant first before they start something new.
    Imagine if worlds like andoria or risa would have a real purpose, if DS9 would be more important again... if Bajor would be a bit more important... if you could visit cardassia for some side missions... if it would be possible to visit some of the klingon worlds like the prison planet.
    People would enjoy such worlds much more than a new season with new factions, new ships, new weapons and the next grindfest to get them.

The risa summer event was clear proof that people love such special places.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!