new launcher doesnt work anymore

There are 206 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• hmm
    you have a CFLauncher.exe?

Ah crap, my mistake. I thought that was what I saw, instead the shortcut that I was talking about was directing to the Freelancer.exe file. Sorry for the mixup!

So yeah it can be ran perfectly if you go in the directory, don't know why though.

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• so what now?
    did you have a cflauncher.exe?
    its important to know that

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• so what now?
    did you have a cflauncher.exe?
    its important to know that

Nope, sorry for the false alarm! I thought that the shortcut was pointing to the 'CFLauncher.exe' but it wasn't. The file isn't present in the Freelancer directory either

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• still have the problem.

made the update after a fresh complete reinstall but after launching it the second time i have "can't initialize gecko" again (system xp)

fraid2
    spacexplorator

• no cflauncher.exe for me. only frelencer.exe with crossfire icone

Sorry there is no CFLauncer.exe, my mistake. But try to go to your Freelancer/EXE directory and manually run the 'freelancer.exe' from that folder like so:

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• thanks for your answer but i stilll have the pb

i tried this one C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE
    and this one : C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.9\EXE

with a fresh install and i have the same result for the two of them "can't initialize gecko"

fraid2
    spacexplorator

• running FL from inside the flmm folder gives a 100% chance to mess up your installation (just saying)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• thanks for your answer but i stilll have the pb

i tried this one C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE
    and this one : C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.9\EXE

with a fresh install and i have the same result for the two of them "can't initialize gecko"

Uhh I don't think you should run it from the FLMM directory (I think it breaks the game). It should work by running it from the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE" directory

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• yes. i used to do it like you said before the crash. now it breaks the game and i am oblige to reinstall again...

thanks again for the help. But i insist with the normal procedure (icon on desktop) it still not works

fraid2
    spacexplorator

• it is very frustrating. two days ago i was in inner core looking for gmg pilots...

thanks everybody for the help

fraid2
    spacexplorator

• fraid2

Try installing latest .NET (Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center)
    I been reported with one more similar problem with XP, gonna install it and test everything.

For everyone who don't get the Gecko error, just the app halt: as a temporary solution you still can use the launcher, ignore that error and tweak\click MP it will start np. I'm narrowing the error down atm, as it's really random and doesn't occur in debug mode at all. Or maybe i'm lucky :D

When i'll fix it the launcher will auto-update and become stable as a mountain. 8).

The jumpdrive is a lie!

• Launcher updated...i see, and only difference as i can see is server status no more in Green color is gray or black right now.

Problem with Game Booster persist. After very first start (when i drag CF.exe Freelancer.exe in GB for the first time) everything works fine. But when i leave the game properly, and start again from GB now CF launcher will fail, and there is a double CF.exe Freelancer.exe somehow generated in Game Booster.
    However i can start both the Game Booster and the game normally cos new launcher will kill aroma by its self, but i must do that one at the time.

1. Game Booster to boost (without CF.exe Freelancer.exe in it!)
    2. CF launcher with CF.exe Freelancer.exe from my desktop start as admin.
    EDIT

If this can help you guys with launcher issues , we will be happy, if not...there is always "work around"

at SA_Utrack

What u suggest m8 Framework 4 or 4.5 cos i already have installed ver 4.0.3

thx
    Greets
    8).

EDIT 2

CF.exe to Freelancer.exe

;)

• Bond, unfortunate we cannot say how the launcher cooperated with Game Booster. We simply cannot test it. If you have a working solution then good. A double Freelancer.exe is not good and should be deleted.
    There is currently no exe that is named CF.exe - what do you mean?

denne:
    What OS do you have? Have you tried with reboot after .net update?

signature.png

• i had updated my .net and it seems that everythings works fine now... :-)

Great! Now you can go back to the inner core haha, have fun pilot!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

Bond, unfortunate we cannot say how the launcher cooperated with Game Booster. We simply cannot test it. If you have a working solution then good. A double Freelancer.exe is not good and should be deleted.
    There is currently no exe that is named CF.exe - what do you mean?

Sorry Huor i mean double Freelancer.exe (double shortcut which will be generated after 1st normal start in Game Booster )