Newcomer with an Ancient Drone Problem!

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by thelostone.

• Greetings Crossfirelings!

Tis' Blackwood, the new pilot around the Crossfire Universe. I've finished the Freelancer Campaign not but a week ago and.. well found this lovely mod. I dive-bombed into it and surprisingly enough, stuck with it.

I've had mostly no problems up until now, I've managed to train myself in very tight situations(that and dying 10-20 times) and survive.. or I just cruise the hell out, if I can.

Biggest problem I have at the moment, is the Ancient Drone. I've looked through the forum carefully, through each of the topics, suggestions and other people raising their voice for help. Looked through the videos about, trying to learn new tactics, but sadly I will need help.

I can't seem to even kill the first one, although my ship and load-out is capable of handling them. Sadly, my piloting skills are truthfully weak.

Would like to ask for help, advice or anything that one might give out of kindness and good will!
    A little nit-bit: I've yet to touch the MP(Multiplayer) I'd like to pass the SP first.
    As always, information is as follows: (I wanted to keep my money, incase a better ship arrives after the Utopia stuff, more alien-like.)
    SP(Singleplayer)
    Current Level: 17 - Recruit
    Current Worth: $47,133,118

Kills: 442
    Time: 21:05:37
    Fighters killed: 440

SHIP!

CTE-6200 FLATHEAD CIVILIAN VHF

Guns/Turrets: 6/1
    Armor: 10400
    Cargo Holds: 100
    Max Batteries/NanoBots: 61/61
    Optimal Weapon Class: 8
    Max Weapon Class: 10
    Addition Equipment: M, CM, CD/T

Load-out:
    Firestalker Missle (Class 9)
    Tizona del Cid (Class 9)
    Vulcan Battery (Class 9)
    Collapser Gun (Class 9)
    Coalition Gattling (Class 10)
    Salamanca MK || (Class 9)
    Ramecurse Turrent Mk | (Class 6)
    Starkiller Torpedo Launcher
    Hornet Cruise Disrupter
    Revelation Mine Dropper
    Adv. Coutnermeasure Dropper

Equipment!

Adv. Brigandine H.F. Shield (Class 10)
    Shield Upgrade MK || (Class 9)
    Advanced Thruster
    Power Generator MK |
    Armor Plate (Level 3)
    Subspace Scanner
    Medium Tractor Beam
    Nanobots/Shield Battery: 61/61

• Hello Blackwood,

welcome in CF space :)

And now few comments:
    using guns with different projectiles speed mess your aim (from guns you use I suggest as best option go for 4 gattlings and 2 ti-zonas using 2 weapon groups (one with tizona when is shield up) and second with gatts only.
    For 9lvl slot is usually better use missiles (in Sirius you can find as best Cannonball Missiles).
    For torpedo you can try look for Sunslayer Launcher

Flathead is good enough fighter for pass SP "easily" :)

But most important: look on videos on next link and try learn how to fight/maneuver: index.php?page=Thread&threadID=25139

• Neat'o Ditt'o! Thank you alot! I've passesd the bloody Ancients.. hardfought, but I managed to work around a small tactic involving engine kill, strafe and hit&run..

In any case! Afterwards was even more hellish! Haha.. ouch.. I'm glad engine kill helps alot, when the Warrior and other Dom's are charging in groups.

I've reached the Dom'Kavash System, starting their quest on Chapter 9.
    Quick question; Is there any kind of ships I can get out of that system or after it ?

• not in Kavash space, but later you can return to altair and sirius

and yes... make sure only to use weapons with similar projectile speeds
    the position of the target lead indicator which tells you where to shoot at is calculated only based on the fastest projectile speed... so all your weapons which have slower speed will miss the target (as they reach the point you are aiming to too late)
    in worst case you have a ship with 6 guns and only 1 of them hits

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!