Single player missile seeking broken

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by [SOC]Lonewolf.

• Hello all, I'm new to the mod, and old to the game.

One of the first things I noticed while playing in SP is that the Stalker family missiles do NOT lock and home anymore. I even checked (and modified) the weapon_equip.ini and in there seeking seems to be enabled. However in-game it does NOT work. I have triple checked this, double checked my findings, and then triple checked again after double checking to be sure. It is most definitely broken in single player vs. AI. Question is, is this deliberate or just a bug?

• it is not broken
    NPCs use countermeasures in SP now

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ah, I see.
    That nerfs missiles to an unacceptable degree IMHO. Statistically, I could easily waste 10 missiles per enemy even if they use the cheapest CM. Actually, thats whats happening now.

Anyway, so technically, if I modify their loadouts to exclude any form of countermeasures the homing should work?

• yes

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello dharthoorn,

welcome here. Its only my suggestion: instead mod files (which will ofc not work if you decide to join MP) what to try learn WHEN to use missiles? NPCs can be hit with missiles if you will fire them in right time. Maybe it looks as too much needed effort, but on other side imo is boring when I simply fire missiles and my target blow up every time. No skills needed, no "adrenaline" in fight.

• Sorry, but it just doesn't work.

I have disabled all "equip = ge_s_cm_01" and "equip = ge_s_cm_02" with semicolons in the loadouts.ini file and the Stalker family STILL flies like javelins. What is even more infuriating; THEIR missiles DO lock & home! Even when I upgraded the missiles to "seeker_range = 3000" and "seeker_fov_deg = 360" my firestalkers still fly a dumb, straight line....

It IS broken, beyond a shadow of a doubt, at least on my install. AFAIK I have not done anything other than follow the install instructions to the letter; clean fl install, flmm1.31, crossfire 1.9.

Can you (or anyone else) verify my findings in SP mode versus AI on your own install? This is really a gamebreaker bug.

@Martind Forlon
    Hello :) I'm afraid I'm just a casual player and this game is more than challenging enough for me battling a dumb AI in SP. And now that the AI has access to weapons beyond my reach it's just too difficult for me. Really the only thing I can do is mod out missiles alltogether but thats just lame because they were fun.

• The recommendation OP gave to you is correct, but you have to play the game offline as in blocking it from the internet or closing your modem, as if the Crossfire connects to the internet, it will fix and undo any change you did.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yes, I found that out very quickly ;)

I have blocked the app from connecting to the internet so my modded files stay modded. Now it just give me a time-out error E12 so that's fine.

But seriously, nobode else has this problem in SP mode or are all you here playing MP? Even if I undo all my mods still the same pb I just dont get it.

• Pretty much everyone was ok with a more realistic NPC behaviour. Many of us played singleplayer, and some are(were) only on singleplayer, but there were just 2 or 3 who wanted to edit something at the NPCs to make them more like vanilla, or simply, easier, like to take out the nanobots /batteries from NPCs as they were reloading too fast for somebody.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• NPC use CM, thus your missiles are useless while fired "indirectly" on your targets... missiles are just useful in close-combat dogfights... so launch your missile while the enemy flies towards you not away from you...in this way you should hit almost everytime. so it's pretty normal that your stalker "does not lock and home" because they have "another" target => the cm of the NPC.

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Thanks for all the comments and insights ;)

I did a completely new install (even deleted doc folder & saves) and now homing seems to work again. I can also clearly see CM being dropped by NPC which didnt see before either. I guess one or more .fl files were corrupt...

So clearly this was a user error of some sort and I'm sorry for blaming CF.

In any case....back to driving the starflier -sigh-

• { Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }