Internet Connection

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gunny.

• Hello all. Now I know what you are thinking how to solve this: Stop downloading, updating, have background explorers opened and so on and on... but I have all of that turned off and absolutely nothing is running in my background but I still get this yellow and sometimes ever red computer marks (in left up corner near "Free flight"-command) while im playing the game (multyplayer-Crossfire) and I lag really bad, today i lagged out so much when I entered the Texas jump gate and when it spited me out from it for some unkown reason I exploded lol (Nothing valuable was lost xD)! I do share my internet connection, BUT nobody was at home while that occurred neither was the other PC even working (online).Also In other games like "League of Legends", "WarZ", "World of Warcraft" I don't lag at all :/ so can someone maybe tell me what is going on ? Oh and btw. I have re-configured my firewall to allow "Freelancer Crossfire" for Public & home but still nothing much has changed.

Thanks for help in forward! :P

• Can you provide your ping in game? Next to this, can you try ping server or any other in Germeny (using basic dos command) to check difference? There can be somethning wrong in your internet access settings (wrong=not optimal for CF MP play), bcs I can play CF without lag (most of time) also on laptop connected by phone.

... for internet settings help you will need wait for someone other help (like Gunny) who know perfectly how those things works.

• Now for some reason its running normaly and my ping is 40, fluct 0 and loss 0 but when it was laging it was ping 73 fluct5 and loss3 .I really don't know what do you mean by this: "Next to this, can you try ping server or any other in Germeny (using basic dos command) to check difference?" - I am not German lol I am Croatian.

Edited once, last by veki2: (false information about pings) ().

• Whups heh... :S I figured out why was that laging happaning, today I closed and runed Freelancer quite a few times (had stuff to do) and for some reason on my taskmanager I saw 2 Freelancers running at the same time. so I closed both, restarted the game and all is well and perfect now. If some admin or moderator reads this you can lock this thread because it was my own fault... sorry :( or well if you won't, maybe someone will have the same problem without even knowing so let him read this xD!

• Whups heh... :S I figured out why was that laging happaning, today I closed and runed Freelancer quite a few times (had stuff to do) and for some reason on my taskmanager I saw 2 Freelancers running at the same time. so I closed both, restarted the game and all is well and perfect now. If some admin or moderator reads this you can lock this thread because it was my own fault... sorry :( or well if you won't, maybe someone will have the same problem without even knowing so let him read this xD!

This so-called double FL process is well known FL issue, fortunately solution is quit simple and straight forward, as u already figured out ;)

8).

• Martin wasn't asking if you were German, he was asking you to ping another server in Germany so he could help you solve your problem.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.