Nomad Outpost... neutral?

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by thelostone.

• So I just made my first venture into the Coalition space. Which, btw, that dimensional rift is legitimately intimidating, thanks to its sheer size. At any rate, I didn't check it out, as I wanted to get in and out of Coalition Space (was getting some items), and was being chased by what might have been a dozen nomad ships(!!!), but I noticed there was a nomad outpost... that was neutral to me.

What. Could I dock in it? What happens there? What in blazes? I'm just imagining getting chased by Nomads, and then you just dock there and get a nice cold one with the Nomad bartender, or something.

• Was it the first station after the jump through the rift in Sol? It's the *top secret* GRs station :P Sadly, ordinary players like you and me can't dock on it. Not much to do there, if I remember correctly from my visit in Single Player. The only thing that makes me want to go there is the Ragnarok <3

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Incorrect, there's a lot to do in there.

It's the "not so secret" GR base, we made the Nomads, who are Dom Kavash's pets (humanity's allies) bow to our will, so now we use that station to be far from the problems between humans. We as well took control over the Sol system, and Earth, the humans already got that place nearly destroyed twice. Now we are rebuilding it, and some stations around it (like the already functioning Mars space station), and it's known as a Human Monument, the source of our kind, and all thanx to the Dom Kavash for abandoning this area so that new races can born.

There's a lot to do in that base, except being able to buy any of "Ragnarok Gunboat", "Yggdrasil Battleship" and the "Miner" (an event ship with tons of nice weapons, that on cruise speed goes at whopping 30 m/second), that's the only place you can get stations as ammo for the Admin Space Station Mine Launcher, as well as the only place for the very important ASF and CSF licenses, needed for the members of the Alliance Star Fleet, or those... Confederated Strike Force. There you can also exchange and play with the "Music Weapons", the only weapons in the universe that are not ment to kill anything, and do no damage, a good place for reloading of Power Generator Vs, and such equipment, and there's a bar ^^ What we can do in the bar, it's up to you to guess :D

No wonder you like Ragnarok, as looking in the Lexicon you can see how it looks, but the newest beauty is that Yggdrasil Battleship Mr Tyrael missed :D (mainly as it didn't exist the last time he was in that station...)

What the Lexicon shows about it, is not even near to it's majesty, and beauty... and POWER ! Power for peace and soothe, like the musical weapons it includes, as well as for destruction and punishment on the bad guys, like the Railgun (click it) it comes with. As well it's superior drive technology, allowing such battleship move as if it was a missile.

Note: Click on the underlined names of the ships to go to their Lexicon page, not only seeing the short description from rolling over them with the mouse.

Anyway, have fun,
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• indeed :D

*hic* Wheres me rum, LP is returning, we will return, and we will fight to the death. Want to join LP, contact us at http://lostprophets.forumup.org/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
    and bound her in her bones
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam
    Yo, ho, haul together,
    hoist the colors high
    heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die
    Some men have died and some are alive
    And others sail on the sea
    With the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay
    We lay to Fiddler's Green!

• I noticed the Yggdrassil earlier while looking at battleships to get.

You are a horrible, horrible man, Michael, going through such lovely descriptions yet forbidding their purchase. :P

• it is that beautiful :D, i love my ydd and ragnorak :)

*hic* Wheres me rum, LP is returning, we will return, and we will fight to the death. Want to join LP, contact us at http://lostprophets.forumup.org/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
    and bound her in her bones
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam
    Yo, ho, haul together,
    hoist the colors high
    heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die
    Some men have died and some are alive
    And others sail on the sea
    With the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay
    We lay to Fiddler's Green!

• Was it better not being told/ knowing they exist until some time in the future when you discover them yourself ?

Now, you can still enter that Nomad Outpost in Single player :P

@Pussyachus: A Ragnarok ? No, no one under such names like yours, not by what I seen ^^ :P I was already offline when that happened, if you remember. So you can't really claim that you destroyed a Ragna all by yourself, with no bug or something.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• So you can't really claim that you destroyed a Ragna all by yourself, with no bug or something.

C'mon Michael, the Ragnarok is one of the easiest ships to kill, just requires some evasion because of that bloody Railgun. I don't advise anyone to attack a GR though, as this is punishable.

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• I think you are forgetting that the Ragna can evade 3 times better than you ( a fighter), as well as placing right at your ass and shoot the Railgun from close distance, before you even find out where the Ragna went (out of your screen).

But the Railgun is not the thing you have to worry most ^^

Anyway, destroying a sitting Ragna that just tries to fire at you is obviously easy, just like with any other ship in the game, even Battleships... if the BS don't move, a fighter can easely take it down if he knows how to evade.