Going boom fully loaded with IC weapons thanks to good old connection issues

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hi, So just wondering if there was a way of speeding up the connection failed detection rate... For someone like me who lives in Aus every now and then for whatever reason the connection fails, thats fine. But what aint cool is when it reconnects and your in gurm fully loaded with 4 therhons, 8 kelyrds, 12 Que's,5 warsys and a pile of nys's and cel ors, and as soon as you regain control of the ship you have appeared surrounded by nomads and you blow up before you can hit use shield battery. I'm not that fussed over the loss (I will now just have to go get more, DIE ALIENS!!!!) But it is annoying, it has happened before.

Any Ideas on survivng these connection hiccups?

Cheers,
    Bucket

Bucket - Works for whoever hires him so he can afford to go exploring and collect things to put in the bucket
    Bucketrain - Its raining goodies from the Bucket (especially if you ask nicely)... Or just moving a bucketload of goodies...
    BucketHunter - Bucket doesn't like aliens. Hunter hunts them.
    CharlieBucket - Owns a chocolate factory!! But went evil with power...or sugar...we're not quite sure...

• ... problem with this is, that char stay few sec active on server (after you normally quit) also for other purposes (as is leave space in middle of PvP fight and others.) Its simply to say impossible set conditions to be perfect for all ... (especially if is server working worldwide)

• ... problem with this is, that char stay few sec active on server (after you normally quit) also for other purposes (as is leave space in middle of PvP fight and others.) Its simply to say impossible set conditions to be perfect for all ... (especially if is server working worldwide)

Yeah completely understand, It was only a query regarding whether anyone new of a way to reduce the detection time. Clearly there shouldn't be as I think about more, due to those reasons.

Thanks for the reply, Ok aliens time to die...

B

Bucket - Works for whoever hires him so he can afford to go exploring and collect things to put in the bucket
    Bucketrain - Its raining goodies from the Bucket (especially if you ask nicely)... Or just moving a bucketload of goodies...
    BucketHunter - Bucket doesn't like aliens. Hunter hunts them.
    CharlieBucket - Owns a chocolate factory!! But went evil with power...or sugar...we're not quite sure...

• Normally when you crash in middle of alien space, (with or without restarting the game, it shouldn't matter), try entering in Another char, go out in space, dock back then dock to the char in the alien space. Well, at least when you could do F1 in space, it apparently loaded the 2nd char faster after the PC having loaded another system data from the same folder. The performance also makes it slower, so if before switching looks like moving a bit slow, temporarly get the performances to minimum, that should speed things up for your PC, but not for the server. But the server is usually fast enough for you to survive, if you keep pressing the thruster and backwards buttons alternatively (like up for a second, down for another sec), and being ready for the batts/botts one.

At least that worked for me, saved me from troubles :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis