To much money from trading & other things. Way to lower it?

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Nope didn't replace Ini's, just edited them. Actually only one that gets updated that I changed was the commodities it seems. I left all the ships, bases, weapons, misc alone. Once I'm done with the campaign I'll upload my changes here if OP is okay with it. Want to fully test them. Keep in mind this will make buying any crossfire ships almost impossible, so after a while you might want to change it back, especially before the crosssfire campaign. This is mainly to make the early game more rewarding as far as progress.

• while you seem to know what you are doing I have the feeling that others dont

i can not officially support it since the launcher would overwrite most of the changes and there is still the risk that people go online with wrong file versions (in case that the launcher did not overwrite them)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Nice thread Porthos .. i like it
    So ...... if you feel so easy to get a bunch of credits ......
    then do missions :D

i always do missions to get credits .... ( mission is harder )
    trading is not my style :D

sometimes trading make you boring

I want to know how it feels when becoming SOLO player

He inspired me :ninja:

• Ya, I just have that merchant inside me though. X.X

If I wanted to just kill stuff I'd be playing FS2 Open xD.

No Problem OP :-) I'll just keep it to myself, I don't want to mess up anyone's installation. BTW the Bini converter that you uploaded to Lancer Reactor was very very helpful.

• The ones with the merchant soul inside have a good future on MP :D

Up to join us some day ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Interesting idea, but in MP you need much more money, just try to fix a good ship after a nice radiation shower or lost in PVPs , and you also have to think about players like me who haven't got as much time to play as a would like. I got some ideas for MP to spend money and make rp better but i have no idea if it is executeable
    1. If you land on a hostile station you should pay/bribe them to let you move around there without your throat being cut.
    2. Trader/Smuggler teams (if there will be more) and i mean teams not persons should be able to corner the market to be exclusive trading goods with a station for a few hour.
    3.Bribing Npc police or pirates in a system sounds nice but i think this is impossible.
    4.Hired protection for trains or other freighters, you can still do it with mercs but with npcs (but i think this is not the best idea)
    4.1 But following my brains smoketrails about this, it would be a great thing to have trader missions you go into a bar and they give you the goods and tell you to go to... after this
    you can hire some brutes for protection.
    Dunno if any of this possible to do but i thought it wouldn't hurt.

• The 4.1 dea is pretty cool, and by what I can think (as for FL's engine), it's also possible, in the same way the "NPC" console takes away the ammo you got over the top limit, or how the illegal goods dissapear in certain situations.

We will see :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• the idea would be cool... yes... but the FL engine has only a few limited definitions for missions...
    even if i would write such a mission type (putting asside that its damn complicated) then FL would not recognize the mission

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yep I will join ya'll eventually, still playing sp. About to make the crossover from original story to crossfire story. Only two ships I've found that I can afford with my tweaks so far is the Trident and the Swashbuckler lols.

I'm actually kind of surprised (being a first time freelancer) that they left out trading missions. I mean Privateer had trading missions, and that game was much older.. I was actually kind of disappointed when I found out.

Also for those of you worrying about it. This idea was for single player. I understand that its not feasible in pvp multi-player, just not economical enough.

Only problem I have run into so far was on this mission:

Edited 4 times, last by Porthos: :3 ().