crossfire 1.9 . race gates in dublin

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by thelostone.

• ?( Hi,Is there any way or mod to slow down the speed going through the race gates in Dublin, Just cant make the turns at 450, On the freelancer at 300 was tricky but got through, Its OK for hovis he is not on a keyboard and mouse.

• i agree with Silver Fox. i think that you will need at least some kind of fighter. i was in a Sabre VHF, ans difficult as it was it could make the turns ok with some practice. all u have to do is complete the course by going through each gate without hitting them, as Hovis will stop to cheat and fire missiles at you. this will happen on both runs, so it it possible to complete the course and win even on the initial run. i am 66 years young and not so dextrous as some of the more experienced members here, so take heart and keep at it.

best of luck, please let us all know how you get on. ;) ;)

cheers

Ray OK

• Yes you definately need a fighter (the more agile, the easier to make that part), but you can't really do it with a freighter like the one sold arround there. Not at 450.

But the speed can't get changed, take it as a Challenge though :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• congratz

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Happy Birthday builderwills! :party:. As to the race, I have done it in the Titan and Eagle plus a Britannia VHF. took several trys to finally figure out that you have to be focused ahead of where you are, in other words planning your moves before you get there.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• In the beginning of the mission , just in the second when it starts, push your mouse's scroll to max so it can immediately increase your inertial speed at max and then press Shift + W (by default) to jump into cruise speed and while racing , pass near the edges of the circles.

• And use a ship that can actually take the turns, between Light Fighter and VHF/Very Heavy Fighter. No freighters.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I was so in the beginning, but with a little practice i was able to go whitout any problem :) You just have to practice some more i you will not have any longer problem with this mission ;)

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• if you are still having problems, see my post in games freelancer, i will quite happily do it for you.

i have completed it several times with a light or heavy fighter. PM me and we can sort something out. but really, all you need is practise as everyone advises.

cheers

Ray OK

• Yes, To RayOK you listen. He will help But also know what Gearhead said about looking forward is the key. Hovis Hints at this when he says "Just keep your eyes on the next gate Freelancer" I used the ship sold on the Battleship where hovis is to finally win Then I just declined next mission and rearmed myself with a sabre and guns again . Look in the lower left corner of X3043 for a wreck with lvl 10 weaps :-)

Good luck :)