RSI- Mod War

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• As usual the forum on RSI get a huge flame and trolling war between different mods.
    The ones being Disco and Crossfire.
    I saw this coming really, as there is alot of bad blood between the 2 mod houses.

I should have asked you OP if it was okay to put my thread on there in the first place.
    I only wanted to get some free advertisement for the Crossfire community and OC Crossfire.
    Which as a matter of fact is what the others doing as well.

Its a shame ppl out there want to be childish and indeed put a bad light on their respective mod
    that they are representing.

Roberts must be having a good laugh at us.
    Also we must remember, he may in fact be trying out all the mods to see what has been done to
    his Freelancer, and to see what ideas he can use for his new project, that is OC he has already done so.

It doesn't matter what Mods you play, its all about keeping Freelancer ALIVE and making it better than it was
    in the shape of MODS, they all have good points and bad points.
    Its not about who's best, its a about choice, and I for one congratulate all of them for keeping a 10yr+ game
    going. Well done all. :thumbsup:

Cygna

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i thought from what i understood so far - his new game shall more be like Wing Commander than Freelancer?!
    Dunno the smarter one gives in - so let the Disco people moan - that shows how far their intellectual horizon reaches ;)

I am not registered there for a good reason. From what i see from other communities reporting about RSI is that they put too much of enthusiasm into what has been represented yet. I doubt it will be like FL2 and so all the FL communities around will soon get disappointed - up to a certain point. And just in case it will get a FL2 (which i highly doubt) then it just will do harm every now existing FL community and mod projects - and i am sure even Discovery will loose many members.

So what i am trying to say, we don't essentially need to argument with them about our two mods. Both are different, both have their advantages as well as disadvantages.

signature.png

Edited once, last by Huor: typo removed ().

• JUst had a look at RSI.

WAR IS OVER

if there ever has been one. Reading the Dicovery thread there is more like looking on a exercise in selfdestruction.
    They quite fast forgot to flame against others than to flame theis OWN mod.

Very interesting way of praising their own, favored mod. :verwirrt:

Suprisingly they stayed away from "conquering" your thread, Cygna.
    That way the "Crossfire" thread reads - imho - .....interseting for others, informative and shows some better way of
    interacting with fellow community members.

What better "advertising" could be there ? :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I suppose they have other problems atm as i could read that their community site is meanwhile offline for a few days... probably due to a ddos attack (similar to the one that has hit us a few days ago)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hmm, not a nice thing to do is steal ppls work without asking permission.
    I now know how you feel OP.
    Tbh tho, I don't play Disco, the whole feel about it just didn't seem right.
    And as i said in my post , it was about choice, I was only stating that is was good
    to see so many Mod house's keeping Freelancer going in their own special way,
    But achieving that through stealing others work is just not right and they should be brought to justice.
    In other words, told to remove said violations, as you rightly did.

@Huor- Yep, I should have not reg on RSI, too much hype and Roberts now getting his ego inflated more
    by his recent poll.. made me laugh when i read it.

Cygna

• Well Nuc Nuc, it started off with a few cross words between them and OP, then as you rightly say
    carried on with themselves arguing with each other, that is IF the ppl there were Disco players to
    begin with !!!

Yeah that did baffle me why no-one started a war on my thread,,, that's because they FEAR me... :D ;)
    No seriously, maybe its bc its just a player who posted just an honest thread so that the ppl he knows
    can join in the fun, and oc the advertising thing as well..heh
    I am glad it pleased you... ^^

Cygna

• ..... The Discovery team are fucked thieves !!!!!!!!!
    May them go to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @ Rexor

THAT's exactly what these Disco's would say and answer.

Good you STAY HERE with your feelings, where everbody is ... "familiy". ;) .

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc: - ().

• Thanks NucNuc !

Yeeaaahhhh !
    They had to ask permission before using the material made by the efforts to someone else, and if they obtained positive response use it giving the appropriate credits.
    But if I was OP, and they asked for it to me, I'd probably give a negative response ; they should work like the others to achieve beautiful results !

And instead .......... they simply use, steal, the material made by others ; It's simple the life for them !! But are these nasty bastards even not ashamed ?

Edited once, last by Rexor: erGrammatical ror ().

• well, to be fair the discovery main server staff and mod creators remained fair, went on distance to the violators and removed the links
    they are not to be blamed

but there are always some bad apples... on disco there are a few more than on other servers.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• but there are always some bad apples... on disco there are a few more than on other servers.

Perhaps there's one good thing in this state of affairs......

it keeps the "bad apples" (more or less) in just ONE basket. :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• So, if I understood, not all the Disco team are bad ; the discovery main server staff and mod creators remained fair. Better !

I can't know, also I played Disco more than a year ago.

• well, to be fair the discovery main server staff and mod creators remained fair, went on distance to the violators and removed the links
    they are not to be blamed

but there are always some bad apples... on disco there are a few more than on other servers.

Well as long as you are satisfied with the end results from all that marlarky , then so are WE.
    Lets hope Crossfire 2.0 can get the lift off it deserves, and inject more people's interest
    in your Crossfire Empire..... Muhaa hahahahah....... Global Domination.... ;)

Bad Apples make good Cider, , or is it Cidre ????

Cygna

• Bad Apples make good Cider, , or is it Cidre ????
    Cygna

Depends, if you are north or south of the Channel. ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !