ADMINS HELP! Battleship Shield is GONE!

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Keanu.

• Today some guy attacked me, i barely got away and almost destroyed. When i docked a few systems past and repaired.. he fallowed me and ambushed me when i undocked. when he died i left all happy like because he loged off. then i noticed... my shield is gone.. Please can some admins assist me, and please sort this out, I don't want to spend another 140 mil + weps for another ship.

Account : Skittlez3

You're sincerest ~Skittlez

• If I'm honest I've never seen one admin or guard on the server, so i don't know how long it will take anyone to see this, but please if you can see this can you help me

• loosing equipment in combat is nothing unusual... it is part of the game

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• You know, My friend said you would help me, that it happens to many people. But i said "Why would they" And do you now what, I was right. Thank you for At least Proving me right.. . .

And yes losing equipment is part of the game, but equipment that cannot be replaced? I think not..

• Hi Skittlez!

Money for re-buying a BS has been transferred to your account.

• Look....
    putting aside that editing or adding stuff to player chars clearly violates my principles (because it would mean that anybody could come to me to tell me a nice story which I can not validate) there is the unfortunate fact that my day has only 24 hours and I use every minute of my free time providing the server, this mod and this community to the players.

I can clearly understand that the loss of that shield bothers you.... but i can not interrupt my work to spend the next 2-3 hours browsing through the server logs to check what happened in order to have a justification for adding equipment to the char of one player.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• And I fully understand that, but If 10 people are on a server then that's a total of 1 person by 10. My problems sorted, but i never want to have to go through 140 million which on some days is impossible to get. If there was some way to buy a shield after one is destroyed, then thats not only a fix for one person, but a fix for everyone who would have to go through this problem.

And i did get somewhat annoyed/hurt by you're reply stating equipment is destroyed and its part of the game. but we have no option to replace that equipment for this time. And I assumed you were blowing me off.

• Well, that explains why BS pilots always ask to be killed when they get really damaged. I did not know that BS shields could not be purchased separately.

@Skittles: To avoid this in the future, it is probably better to die than to dock and repair. It is illegal to suicide out side of the Arena but if you ask nicely, some kind person will come and shoot you. :)

Also, you may want to take a look at this thread:
    index.php?page=Thread&threadID=22291

• To be sure that shield is OK is enough simply wait little if he start charge (few sec). If not, then BS have a problem ... I myself had similar issue and will be more careful next time. Is possible document this with short video or screenshots serie ... and ask if is possible to have re-buy payment. Alas atm do not work ticket-system else I could explain this there sooner.

• btw .. server rules say:

Suiciding
    When a ship is destroyed it respawns at the last place it was docked with all recent damage erased. Deliberately using this to avoid either travelling time or repair costs is not allowed. This includes suicide by planet, NPC or hazards (mines, etc)

... is very different use suicide when is damaged BS shield or as "normal" behaviour. :(

• just added to the CF2.0 change log:

hitpoints of cap ship shields raised and set to non-lootable

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• about 7000 but dont mix it up with the shield capacity

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Skittle. This is Trikkx. I am always willing to slag you. :P With the server issues though I have no been able to get on but as soon as I can I can be of great help.

• Who was the scumbag, dockraping, piece of pirate trash that attacked you? I need to serve a few warrants. Managed to deal out some punishment to a few last night and I'm looking for more.

Sincerely

G aka the Cops Cop.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Skittlez: Losing items is part of the game, so you can't ask OP to refund you, because is part of the game lol, you have to play yourself haha, I've lost a lot of stuff in my 2 years of playing here, and all part of the game, you get a bit nerved, uproot some hair, but at the end you calm down and start again :)

SWAT_OP-R8R: You missed 1 zero->70000 :P

• no - i didnt

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,