The Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread!

There are 135 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• Yes Congrats to Chelsea!!!!

I am both a Real Madrid and a Mourinho fan and I cheered Chelsea against Barca and against Munich :D. A little interesting thing from the game; Bastian Schweinsteiger scored the penalty to lift Munich to the final in Madrid...... he is also the same person to miss the penalty in the final so Drogba can capitalize! I saw the 2008 CL Final when Terry slipped and fell, and all I can say is that Chelsea deserved the cup :).

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Not long to go now until the first game. Nice to see the Italians are up their old tricks. Can't see them doing well at all now, as the players are probably wondering if the police are going to knock on their door anytime soon. I can't believe all that nonsense goes on, and it's not the first time it has happened.

The more i see Holland play the more i think they will win this, they look very strong atm.

• Soccer? Ugh...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• @ Huor

The European championships are held in a European country which Ukraine is obviously part of. It's actually part of central and eastern Europe.

Corynthos

Please don't call it Soccer, it's called Football and is actually the biggest world sport out there, played by practically every nation on the planet. Football in its various forms has been played since the middle ages, before the US even existed apart from the native population.

The Americans would have us believe that they do world sports, baseball (played in England during the mid 18th century and taken by immigrants to the US), american football (a derivative of rugby and Canadian football) etc, but the fact is they are only played by a handful of nations and don't even come close to being a world sport. Nice try though. Cricket actually has a larger audience than American football and Baseball combined lol

• @ Gibbon... Whatevs - I prefer Ice Hockey over ANY sport out there... Be it Soccer/Football (Couldn't care less), Baseball or whatever...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• I was reading this morning that the first case of racism has happened to the Dutch team during a practice session. This problem sadly, will overshadow the tournament, that's a fact. It's a shame that some of the Polish and probably Ukraine fans will act this way, just shows how narrow minded some people are.

I used to tour the world both as a technician for bands and as a musician as well, who with is unimportant. I have to say i ran across similar problems in Poland (not actually race related in our case, even so we still had to have individual bodyguards due to death threats) when we were there. It's also a minority that cause this but even so, sad to see. When will those countries wake up? My personal opinion is that the tournament should never have been given to Poland and Ukraine.

Anyway, enough of that. Good luck to all the teams and let's see some football!!!

• I was reading this morning that the first case of racism has happened to the Dutch team during a practice session. This problem sadly, will overshadow the tournament, that's a fact. It's a shame that some of the Polish and probably Ukraine fans will act this way, just shows how narrow minded some people are

I saw that...... that sucked..... why on earth...... man people need to stop acting all stupid. Its football! Don't bring races or politics in the sport!!! It's supposed to join everyone together to share a beer and have fun, not stand there and commit racist acts......

Anyways Poland v. Greece, good luck to both teams today!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• By the way, 'gratz Poland for scoring! Nearly half-time 1-0 Poland

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Good Job Greece! 1-1

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Ha, yes, what a great game to start off the tournament. Poland deserved their lead, the better team in the first half by far. The red card wasn't, in any way a red card. Funny how we call football a game of two halves as the second half was nearly all Greece, great equaliser, and a missed penalty as well. Good entertainment for the neutral fan. Well done both teams.

Now what's next? Russia v Czech Republic. No history between those two sides then lol

• Yup!! We'll see how they fair ;). Very fun and interesting game

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• whutz ze fun about 22 drunk pepol weaving over ze field (read it in a russian voice, it's fun this way)

-okay drunk people are funny most of the time, but all the way, come on?

(P.S.: I like russian Vodka :) )

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Bit of a slaughter in the end, but well played Russia. The Czechs were in it early on but were useless in front of goal. Great start to the tournament and can we have some more of this please? These two matches had more excitement than the last world cup put together.

On the menu for tomorrow we have,

Holland v Denmark

Spain v Italy

Should be fun!

• im no fan of this sport but im a smartass :P
    tomorrow it isnt Spain v Italy it's first game of group C - tomorrow is first day of group B, so Holland v Denmark and Germany v Portugal :)

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }