Universal Bank Account

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Being that I don't manage a server, but I do in fact have extensive knowledge of computer operating systems, and know that things are never as easy as "Can't you Guys Just Do This...", my next statement is nothing more then a mere connivance as far as character profiles are concerned.

Statement: Is there any way to create a universal bank account attached to multiple profiles.

I've been sort of brain storming the possible complexities of this idea, due to ID's changing from profile to profile, maybe it would be easier to create a mod that could handle this, but then again you might have security issues with such things, I'm not sure. It would be a nice way to transfer money between profile accounts, without having to log on with two computers using 2nd party applications.

Keep in mind when responding to this it is a question of possibility, not a "Hey you guys should do this" request.

God of Kings]Horus[Hotepsekhumui

9538-6938e351.png

:salutes Have Fun and Fly Safe 8).

• It is(WAS) a Freelancer CrXssfire question.

9538-6938e351.png

• hmm, the only (more simple) way to do this would be making the hook generate account IDs with a password typed by the player, this way him and anyone else from other IDs that know the password could enter...

but changing the hook in such a way is not an option for now, as I think.

it would be much easier to use the already existing transfer commands making it short and not against the rules (using 3rd party tools to be on 2 accounts on same PC).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• open a chat window type any of the following

/balance - shows balance of your CF Bank Account. this amount is available across all your characters on a single FL ID
    /deposit xxx - deposit xxx cash (xxx is the number your depositing) ex. /deposit 10000000
    /withdraw xxx - withdraw xxx cash ex. /withdraw 10000000
    /statement - view transactions from deposits, withdrawals and transfers
    /transfer$ [Player ID] [xxx] - transfer xxx cash to another player on the server (player id is found with /ids command) ex /transfer$ 5 10000000

those commands i believe are what you look for

unless you speak of a bank account that can span multiple FLID's...then i can't help you

• (IOC)Horus Hotepsekhemui:

It's not that difficult to transfer cash between 2 accounts/ID's
    the steps Portalearth explained are right so far. BUT
    If you want to transfer your cash from one of your ID's to another one of your own ID's (where no one else has access to)
    Simply use the following steps and there is no third party needed and you don't have to be online with both accounts at the same time
    (assuming you have created a new ID/account already and there is at least one char active (created) on it)

be online with the -sending- account (any char from it)
    /deposit xxx - deposit xxx cash (xxx is the number your depositing) ex. /deposit 10000000
    /transfer [exact Player name] [xxx] - transfer xxx cash to the specified player ex /transfer char_on_my_second_ID 10000000
    note: for this action the receiving char does NOT have to be online, but the char has to exist (has to be created) on the server

then switch to the new account/ID and select the char (you have created already)
    /withdraw xxx - withdraw xxx cash ex. /withdraw 10000000
    and so you have the cash available on your new char on a new ID

note: the bank is linked to the ID/account and not to a particular char on the ID/account
    note: since the accounts/ID's dont have "accessable" names for players, you have to create a char on any account/ID you want to send money to. In this way the banking system "recognizes" the account (because its "looking" for the char-name) and sends the cash to the account/ID the char is placed on

I hope its helping
    ps: any other questions, just ask

• Thanx for the update all, I guess I should have asked before posting this idea, I just assumed I couldn't transfer money from one account to another via character transfer without both characters being on at the same time.

I already knew about the method Portalearth stated, but like I said I thought both characters had to be online for it to work. As far as the third party software goes ( Don't want to break any rules ), what I was referring to was FL Account Manager, and logging on two accounts, one with PC the other with Laptop to transfer money then logging off the laptop and continue playing on the PC. This method gets to be a pain in the A** at times, but now I know I can transfer money between accounts without both being on line.

9538-6938e351.png

• Good then, problem solved :)

Happy money banking !

But remember, money is not to let it get old and make a mountain (of them) somewhere in a bank, money is to be used ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• eg

ID 1 => char JOHN => type /transfer SMITH 100000000

ID 2 => char SMITH (type /ab) => /withdraw 100000000 => yeah, ty Huor!!