Elite Dodo Station

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Excellent....yeah there are those of us that remember ELITE :)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Elite was my first :) .. it was good old times! :thumbsup:

• Looks like the future's Pentagon, in 3D :D

It's great how the landing pad is large enough for battleships to dock with it...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• Elite :thumbsup:
    I remember this game!

A lot of time spent exploring the different systems and galaxies!
    And the difficulty to dock at a station that rotates on it without the automatic docking system. Gibbon: Is it possible to add this in your mod?

The problem: I cannot remember if I played this game on Oric Atmos or Amstrad CPC. (An effect of age probably) :D

'Fluctuat nec mergitur'

• Yes, the ancestors of current PCs. With 128kb of memory or less (Oric 48kb).

I spent many hours playing on these computers. (At the time we were young and a little crazy)

btw: i wrote my first software on an Oric.

Now Grandpa goes to bed because it is late.

If you are wise I'll tell you one day the history of Atari Falcon with a 30 Mb hard disk and 4MB Ram !!! :)

'Fluctuat nec mergitur'

• My phone is 10 times stronger and better than that, wait... maybe 20 times xD

It's interesting that Atari is still alive and kicking... on minigames.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I think I played on Commodore 64...ah the good 'ole days....seems I saved things on cassette tapes. OMG the "elders"

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• I remember this game and loved it.

I also remember the very first Escape Velocity game from way long ago. Wow I feel old even talking about old EV games lol.

• Well children, let's go back a bit further. ELITE was originally for the BBC Micro with a truly astounding 32k of RAM, now that's what i call fast, don't forget i'm talking 1983 here. It was originally wireframe graphics only, but even so, the game laid the principles that all other space/trading shooters live by to this day.

To put it into perspective, the texture file for this station is 4mb, compare that to the whole game lol. I'll admit it's not wireframe plus the model itself has some complicated parts to it but even so, just shows how much memory we take for granted these days. Imagine trying to write this game today and trying to squeeze any bit of programming for that matter into 32k, not easy, i have readme files bigger than that rofl

• Gibbon, you can also see Crossfire's ships in wireframe models if you go classy :D Though they'll be high quality wireframs, not 7 lines.

And well, I had a console that had it's 2D games on sound cassettes, I even learnt how they beep when they start loading a thing (well, few beeps and a larger one), and was doing some geometry math to draw a single curved line :D
    But I was 8-10...