Basic stuff about pvp

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by spylegs.

• Some basic hints about pvp:

CDs: Well when it comes about them you might find them more useful if you launch them by turn,
    you can do that by noticing on which weapon number you have them if you're a gunner type player with 4 guns
    usualy both CDs are on the fire weapon 7 and 8 so just go in controls see where fire weapon 7-8 is and change them with 2 buttons which are comfortable to your gameplay
    to reach them easy and use them by turn.

Oh i recommend to use one CD selected in your list to activate when you right click to fire with guns too cus you never know when you make your opponent blow himself:D

If you're new to the missile-CD gameplay you might wanna start using this simple "combo" launch CD 1 and 2-launch missiles-launch CD 1-2, same thing applies for
    the missile type players who prefers 3 missile launchers on their ship.

Missile launch:

Here usualy your never sure when it will land:D depending on your opponent's strafing skills and gamestyle, but one thing is certain
    never launch your missiles straight in front of your opponent cus you have the chance to blow yourself with them or land them on opponent and again damage yourself too
    or just simple you give more chances to your enemy to read through your intentions and end up blowing yourself cus he launched his CDs:D

Always try to strafe or be in an open angle when you launch your missiles, or if you decide to launch straight in line do evasive movements from mouse such as small
    circles in front maybe some strafe down and launch.

Every ship is more vulnerable while you get under it you might rly want to use strafe down to have the upper hand while enemy tries to chase after you.

Now some fighting styles:

If your opponent preferes the close combat in circles usualy means he's not that good at the face to face fight or that he's having the upper hand
    in close fight making good strafe and gun hits, well i'm not involving the mines but when they're in close angle strafe usualy they're in low speed too so yeah mines work
    but i never had any mines on my ship cus there's the chance to blow yourself with them too:d so either you make it's game if you're a good gunner and move in his direction strafing and decrease increase
    your speed from mouse scroll, and maybe not rly launch missile and look for his missile so you can counter them with your CDs,
    or you choose to get out of that close combat...here comes the problem usualy to get out of close combat you must play at kill engine which helps you turn around faster and reverses your speed to backward effect meaning you can
    simple move in back with 200 speed that's where the out of close fighting affect activates;)

If you meet missile type players, don't go straight to them! usualy from 1.5k distance give them a "bait" launch CD-Missile-CD, in case he waits to launch near you hmmm well
    make sure you have some CD for close launching too:D

Now if some player likes to do kill engine a lot and you want to keep it close, turn around with reverse thrust, that will help you turn around fast but not give you backward affect and you can still catch your opponent while he's still turning around:)

If you meet "old school sliders" who likes to move in the kill engine and ofc they avoid everything!! most of the guns shoot most of the missiles, make sure you keep your cool
    and do your best to watch for their missiles and don't make their game if you're not good with kill engine cus trust me they're all over the screen, but still i said basic hints so you'll have to figure out yourself what to do:P

One more thing...never but never avoid the players they're really good, you'll always have something to learn while you're getting your ass kicked:D

Well good hunting Officer mates and Pirates you owe me some Rum and Vodka for this even if i said all of this you still need to get me drunk to kick my ass:P

Idk if it's a spoiler or not, you decide and remember this is for newbies and if any of you feels like adding anything else feel free to do it, this isn't even half of what i could have said just resumes to basics;)

See ya all in space and have fun:)

Fuck fame, fuck awards,fuck happy music,
    The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

• Well, this is already pretty much all you need to be a medium skilled fighter :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• So i guess approved?:D

The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!
    [CFPD]Az/\zel,[CFPD]Az/\zel-[ASF],[CFPD]Admiral-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Red.Star-Az/\zel,[CFPD]Store-Az/\zel

• Yep, a very good info dude. ;]

Hopefully it'll help the newcomers with those basic stuffs about PvP.

• Yep, a very good info dude. ;]

Hopefully it'll help the newcomers with those basic stuffs about PvP.

Oh i forgot to say if you meet Crysis say "B1atch i wanna pvp you"
    P.S. He'll kick the shit out of you but trust me you'll have what to learn:P but still he's a troll!! and FU Ily someday man someday...i'll pwn you sooooo bad....very bad...i mean it(at beer drinking competition:D)

The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!

• Good post spylegs.
    It should pretty much help newcomers getting a good bacis step into PvP.
    Even everyone will develop their own style sooner or later, based on the basics :)

• May i say something without my post being deleted? If so then:

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• D'oh, why would you be afraid of getting your post removed (even counting that some did got deleted :thumbdown: ) , you can always put it back to where it was :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• up. keep the thing on, some might need it:P

The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!

• yes i keep up to date threads that might be helpfull to some, not to make posts for nothing:) if i'd want to posts i'd go and count in one day up to 20000 in the off topic section:)

The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!

• Nice try, spydy. But newcomers could take just info. Rest- (95%)- is practice. I prefer to be payed abt my knowledge of PvP :D
    Btw, ask me in-game if you wanna get some basic tactics. It will cost you, but it helpful. :)

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Nice try, spydy. But newcomers could take just info. Rest- (95%)- is practice. I prefer to be payed abt my knowledge of PvP :D
    Btw, ask me in-game if you wanna get some basic tactics. It will cost you, but it helpful. :)

Sure let me brake your fun:D i got some hints from him too while PVPing all over again vs him trying to see through his tactics and stuff and so on, till i realised there's none=))
    It's just a multitude of styles which you can change at every move and second:D

The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!

• Maxbur, making fellow cops pay for old tactics ? So un-patriotic. :D

Don't worry, there are more people knowing those tactics ^^

• I'm sure everyday you have something new to learn, so Max indeed theory 1-5% , practice 99-95%:D

The world is a fool tool
    We have to use it!