Choosing Ships & Ship Energy

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Duck_Dodgers (SA_SCORPION).

• I've recently got myself a Rhino (I'm so elite!) and I've fitted it with amazing guns, however they eat my energy so quickly so I spend time hardly firing.

Originally I thought working out the DPS per weapon would work but when I run out of energy I'm firing a lot less... making my strategy pointless :(

When choosing a ship it doesn't display the maximum energy, how can I pick the right weapon for the right ship if I can't see how much energy it has?

• g'day pixel

but your problem is probably because you have magma hammers and lava blades or something similar
    they chew through energy
    do a variation of justices/lava 2/1 your energy wont deplete as quickly

i see
    you are trading with the rhino good for you,

i would normally do missions and collect the pods to sell at Texas for 30000+ per pod (LPI huntsvile or sugarland)

death beckons for your soul...... and i answer its call!

13th ARMORED is recruiting!
    are you up to the challenge?
    if so PM me or robbers dog.
    no matter your skill, we're looking for comrades in arms

also find us @ Free forum : 13th ARMORED
    join our forum. you know you want to........

• Thanks for your comments. I'll try balance them out.

Yeah I've been doing some Rhino trading between Battleship Missouri and Norfolk Shipyard as they are both in the same sector and it takes seconds to transport goods between them.

Battleship Missouri > Norfolk Shipyard: Engine Components = $25,560 profit per trip
    Norfolk Shipyard > Battleship Missouri: H Fuel = $7,560 profit per trip

I've been selling the pods for $1! Texas must be quite special so I'll have to find it and save my pods.

• pixley nice to see a trader starting from the gound up nice one m8
    creat a new char
    when you have got time and about 600k ask the good old boys of BG if u can got to custodien and buy a black eagle nice basic fighter good little ship actualy ..
    so when trading has driven u bonkers ( which it will ) u can go podding in ya eagle ... its a good way to take a break from trading .
    frakfurt / texas both has prisions for droping pods of and so do some systems of x3043 ..

good luck with your adventures

hell have no fury like a piad merc !

characters ... Robbers Dog . RobbersDog 13thArmored x2 redneck widow maker robbers dog tr 13tharmored truck

clan forum 13th ARMORED

• I agree with Robbers Dog, its always good to mix it up abit having a trader ship and a fighter ship for a break from one or the other.
    Both will make you cash to keep you going.
    Also you can ask anyone in Game for info or abit of help, we all started from 150k with or without friends.
    See you in Space soon

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• Yes, later you can buy bigger freighters as well, ships that can do that route with much more profit.

But, while you are on Multiplayer, remember that after you reach some higher levels (like above 60), you will have to find somewhere else to trade as New York is a protected zone for newbies. Anyway, there are routes with bigger profits, and othe rroutes you can do with the mighty trains (2500 cargo), and earn millions / route.

And, welcome Pixel !

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I'm just doing single player at the moment.

I had to ditch my Rhino as I was getting slaughtered in the single player main storyline. I raised over 1 million with my Rhino, mainly shipping Engine Components between Battleship Missouri and Norfolk Shipyard, they are within boosters distance from eachother. Between the two stations I was getting 66k.

I then did some runs to Texas to sell some pods as suggested by Robbers Dog, I made 350k by selling 6 I had in my hold!

While I was in Texas I traded Light Arms between Planet Houston and the LPI prison, this produced a nice 55k between stations.

I love trading and working out the best trade routes but since I sold my Rhino and bought a Defender I'll focus on getting some pods for the time being.

This won't be the last of my merchant days! Many thanks for the help guys!