How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer

There are 92 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I ain't sure if I'm going to get a reply now thats its 2014, but I have a m14x gt555m and am suffering severe tearing graphic glitches in crossfire. My settings as attached. I do not understand what i should do. :/

• This should answer your question about posting screenshots: index.php?page=FaqDetail&category=2#question93 The info at the beginning of this thread had the info needed to add your graphics card.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Open flconfigdatabase.txt with wordpad.
    Find the section with // NVIDIA and then scroll down to // TNT
    make a new line under this line 0x00A0 = "TNT2 Aladdin"
    write new line 0x0DCD = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M"
    and save the file, that's it
    hth

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• no, not necessary.

This file is made by flmm during activation for restauration of original FL, if you decide to deactivate
    the CF mod.
    But ... this reatauration doesn't work.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

• First and foremost, Thank you SWAT team & all involved for the CF mod on one of my all time favorite games! Awesome job!

I have 2 questions not related (I believe) to each other but posting here as Q#1 is relevant for the topic.

I did clean install of FL -> followed instructions to install & activate CF and added my video card (NVIDIA GeForce 940M) to the flconfigdatabase.txt as advised.

Now the CF runs with VanillaFL, NoSelect and the ENBs but I have similar issue on all: All the light effects/particles on e.g. trade lanes, ship engine exhaust and system central stars show up as rough square or rectangular textures.. This is particularly disturbing in combat but of course severely affects the - oh so - beautiful ambience of the game.

I have tried adjusting multiple settings on my video card but nothing changes this at all. So, is there anyone who could help Please???

Q#2: I started new single player game to again (though it's years since I last played the game) go through the original campaign and then continue to the new CF campaign. My character started from planet Manhattan as supposed, the character being lvl 18 (I think) and with hefty added money (~150.000k). Now I thought that the campaign missions will start rolling after cpl of 'freelance' jobs but I advanced to lvl22 without a sign of any plot starting. cpl of times I would see "Mission" on the character info screen as a prerequisite for advancing levels but no plot events or logs would come in and I could actually just take another job from the bar and this 'Mission' prerequisite would simply disappear. I guess this is not supposed to happen.

Now have I totally missed something or is this some kinda bug? Can someone please enlighten me?

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Edited once, last by cauac9 ().

• Hi Cauac9,

for your 2th question I'm sure you miss something. You have to fly to planet New Berlin and meet Orilion there. For the graphic problems...I set in options "adjust to desktop resolution" and it works fine for me. Running Windows 7 here.

Chars: Thomas_CF1, TL_01, TL_RC, TL_Trans, TL_BS

• Hi Thomas_CF1,

Thanks for the response.

Just to clarify, I have windows 10 and I believe I have the "adjust to desktop resolution" setting on (have to dbl check later as I'm not where my laptop is now ;) , I run the game on a 40" LCD TV with 1920 x 1080 x 32 res. I'm no expert but it seems to me the light particle effects/textures are not loading properly for some reason.. Can you/anyone suggest settings that would affect that particularly?

For Q#2, currently not even the 1st original FL single player campaign mission has started and I believe it should have (Don't remember accurately how the original campaign ran, as it's a while since I last played FL). In any case I have had 0 cut scenes, messages, mission logs or anything prompting me to take on a campaign mission. Perhaps I'll have to just start the single player campaign again and see if there is any difference to my current game.

• Q#1: Try a different Shader in the Options menu ex. Vanilla.
    Q#2: Reload last savegame for last Vanilla mission. When mission is done, Crossfire missions will start immediate at Planet Manhattan (Meet Orillion in New Berlin)
    hth
    Edit: Planet Manhattan, not Planet Crossfire as I wrote

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

Edited 2 times, last by SilverFox ().

• Thanks Silverfox.

Q#1 I've tried all shader options before, CF runs with VanillaFL, NoSelect & the ENBs but has this graphical issue as described in my original post.
    The game starts up but then crashes/closes before the CF main menu screen with SweetFX, FXAA, SMAA shader options. Any ideas?

Btw if I try this:

Uninstall the SweetFX version installed with Crossfire 2.0. Download ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 here. This works with Windows 8 and with all my games, just make sure you select the correct Direct X level. Then head on to the creator of ENB and download this. (This is optional) it is a DX8 to DX9 converter for DirectX 9 effects.

Is re-install of CF likely needed in case it doesn't work? I'm a Noob :pfeifen:

Q#2 Alright thanks, but I should be able to play both the original FL campaign (missions 1-13) and the new CF campaign missions with CF 2.0 installation? Currently it's not happening. But I'll try a new single player campaign launch and see if anything changes.
    Just thought to report this issue in case there's anything to learn from it.

Edited once, last by cauac9 ().

• q2 should be solved with the openSP option

q1 is related to a few graphic cards which seem to have problems to load specific LOD levels of textures.
    I am not sure if there is a fix.
    Try to update the drivers... or try t set a different detail grade in the options. The detail grades there have an effect on which LOD level is loaded.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for the responses.

@SWAT_OP-R8R - Yep, Q#2 was solved by unticking the Open SP in the launcher.
    Thanks, I'll try to fiddle more with both the game interface texture settings and the graphic driver settings to find a solution.

@SilverFox - I did not try the lower res, or the res you suggested (1366x768x16), will give it a go. Yes, the texture issue appears both on the TV screen and the laptop screen.

I'll be posting here should I find a solution, Thanks again!