How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer

There are 92 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I found a possibility. It´s a giant database.

Atm. i have ofc. Ati (AMD) and Nvidia Cards on my todo list, also Intel Cards as they are creating Notebookchips and low cost integrated variations for desktops. Since their is no need to go into the Manufacturers itself (Gainward, Asus etc.) I just need some of you telling me additional Cards (the Chip Manufaturers) in your usage than the ones mentioned before - what about these Manufaturers for example, annyone using them?

• SiS
    • VIA Technologies
    • PowerVR (would be possible when using Atom enviroments (mainly Netbooks))
    • Matrox

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Click the image above to visit us.

• My GPU details here

• I will add something, since I know the proper voltage settings for Memory & motherboards ( need the specs for each person ) and how to set the nVidia cards properly for the best performance and FPS.

If you have aftermarket memory and motherboard, you need to have all the proper settings otherwise your pc is running improperly and that causes issues in game.

If you people wish, I will start another thread to assist people with this.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Something else to consider, is using a driver that's from 2009 for your card if you can. The overall architecture of GPU's changed in 2010 to support DX10 & 11, so by nature FL will have problems. I currently use 190.6 for my GTX295's and I dont have issues. Whereas when I was using the 275.xx version ( post DX10 & 11) lag was definitely there and it was causing tracking issues.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Is it important for WinXP users too?
    I mean, even the latest drivers for this OS should be optimized for DirectX 9.0c, am I right? :S

• I will add something, since I know the proper voltage settings for Memory & motherboards ( need the specs for each person ) and how to set the nVidia cards properly for the best performance and FPS.

If you have aftermarket memory and motherboard, you need to have all the proper settings otherwise your pc is running improperly and that causes issues in game.

If you people wish, I will start another thread to assist people with this.

Are u suggesting an overclocking thread (OC) ?
    I could need some voltage help with MOBO -especially memory.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• If you want OC information I need:

The kind of motherboard you have, and the version number

Type of memory, including the timing on the side or the model number of it.

The type of processor you use

Video card type.

• Is it important for WinXP users too?
    I mean, even the latest drivers for this OS should be optimized for DirectX 9.0c, am I right? :S

WinXP by nature can only hold 4 gb of memory at 400mhz, in which the OS will only recognize 3.5 gb. So 3gb is plenty and with the correct pagefiling, you will do just fine.

XP cannot use the latest drivers that are designed for DX 10 & 11, so in NVidia's case, I believe the 197.xx driver was the last one.

• I have 2 GB of DDR2 RAM with a 32-bit OS and a 2048-4096 MB paging file assigned to the partition different from the system one.
    However I made some overclocking, raising bus speed from 200 Mhz to 240 and lowering memory from 400 to 333 (so as to keep it work at 800, while the CPU is 3360 instead of 2800). All timings and voltages were left intact.
    Here is a screenshot:
    [expander][/expander]
    Oh, and the motherboard is ASUS M3A78, it doesn't have DDR3 support.

As for video drivers, I don't know how to check whether AMD uses old ones for WinXP in newer packages too.
    The inf file from Catalyst 12.1 (the latest is 12.2) says it is of version 8.93 (12/05/2011), but "base inf last updated" in 2005. ?(
    [expander]

Source

Source

Source
    [/expander]

• Hi to all.I'm using 1.9 client version with an "Open Singleplayer" option & I'm experiencing a desktop crash when pressing F7 (Inventory).I've just started the game in "Freeport 7" & i'm unable to see any jump holes or jumpgate to "X-3043" & there is no text on the "loading bar",when the game is loading. FL Res Settings is 1920x1080x32 Thanks in advance. Here is My Gpu Specs...

Files

• GpuZ ID.gif

(18.08 kB, downloaded 41 times, last: )

Edited once, last by XiTeK: :) ().

• Hi XiTeK!
    Your problem is not about graphics. Just launch the "OpenSPFix.cmd" file in your Freelancer directory, follow the instructions, and it will be allright. :)

• Ok ,my radeon 4890 isnt listed or supported but can i add it to the data and if so how ? cos there are 3 places ,in the flmm cf folder,and in the freelancer folder there are 2 1 is text file the other flmmbackup any ideas?

• Id like to keep this going so please keep giving your details using GPU z
    I have all Nividia and Radeon IDs now
    Any others will be welcome

Edited once, last by Wavey: edit ().

• and my...

Files

My name is John Crichton, an astronaut. A radiation wave hit and I got
    shot through a wormhole. Now I'm lost in some distant part of the
    universe on a ship, a living ship, full of strange alien life forms.
    Help me. Listen, please. Is there anybody out there who can hear me? I'm
    being hunted by an insane military commander. Doing everything I can.
    I'm just looking for a way home.

• if anyone is still interested in the datas

got a new laptop today and thats the graphics in there.

this is active by default
    intel-graphic-family.gif

and this gets activated when needed automaticly
    GeForce GT540M.gif

and in case someone is wondering. Intel i7 quad core 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 17.3'' wide screen plus harman/kardon speakers integrated :)