comments and small anoying things

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hi all here,

I am Kreatif, living in Ile de la Réunion, 6 years playing Freelancer with various mods, I am new in Crossfire, but one thing I can tell to the team
    is THIS IS A GREAT, GREAT AND MORE THE GREATEST MOD I ever played, but some comments have to be said as well as some questions.

1) Why did you restrict so much speed, base speed and thrusters? I am used to play Rebalance 3.56 mod, and if there is one thing to be told there
    is that each ships has its own speed, thrusters make a real difference in combat, most if you fight a superior enemy (i.e. ancient drone).

2) The infos given about every ship (speed, agility etc....) are not true, because all ships fly same speed in its own sort.

I don't know if I am the only player to tell this, but if there is something that disturb me when I play, this is to be prisoner of restrictions, and by the way being sure to be overfighted without a possibility of escape. In mission "Ancient World"; it is needed to destroy 3 drones, I first came there as neutral, and I scanned a drone, what a surprise in seeing its capacities!!! a 3 times higher hull, 6 guns that down the shied in 1 fire,
    cruise disruptor flying flying more that 5100 m/s. The best ship with the hardest shield and coalition guns can't overtake these drones, and I look
    how much drones fly the sector, three to five drones each minute. Suicide mission? For sure !!!!

One thing more how is it possible that npc ships mount 6 class 10 guns, as the player same ship in capable of mounting only 4 plus 2 class 9?

As it is impossible to go everywhere (Gladius for example) without being game over, it comes fastly boring to be in quest of some adventure.

Meanwhile these comments Crossfire 1.9 stays a great mod to be played with pleasure.

Friendly yours,

Kreatif :D

• Just learn to fly in CF and everything will be fine...all the things that bother you are quite logical for me in this mode.
    Welcome to CF and prepare for more surprise. Equip yuor ship and kick ass to NPC.

• Hello Kreatif,

welcome in Crossfire universe! And now to your questions:

1) Thrusters do big difference, in CF is more types with different top speed and energy drain. I can assure you that against some deadly NPCs ( Ancient Drone fighters are not worst :D:D ) you will see difference for sure ;) ... ship choice can do even bigger difference if is your choice clever.
    2) about speed hmm not exactly true, for some ship types are differences. In agility are big differences for ships ... CF have really many ships to fly and try.
    3) NPCs are tough ... why? ... bcs they need be challenge! Learn fly, evade and attack (guns, missiles, torps, mines). Experienced player can kill Drones nicely :) ... ofc best is it in MP in cooperation with other player(-s).
    4) How you think is impossible go everywhere? ... after you end in SP campaign, you are free to go where you want ... But maybe I misunderstand what you mean. (In SP in campaign are some restrictions for movements to other systems, bcs some systems looks MUCH different in camp. missions as in normal play (best example is X-3043 system in first visit in campaign and how look in normal "open SP" or MP play)

• Hello,

Thk for reply, well may be my crossfire experience is not enough , but I can't imagine a so fine mod with these limitations, ok I understand for the systems in SP camp, but for the ships, thrusters that bothers me. Even with no limits, I can assure your npcs are a worst challenge.

For the mission with the drones, I tried 39 times, with 15 ships and 8 guns types in different configs and with different shielding but no way.
    The thrusters are no matter facing the drones base speed, cruise takes too long to start, and even if you get it, the ancient cruise disruptors put
    it off in one shot, mine not very useful in that case, and with the numbers of drones coming in, the poor ammo capacity don't let you a chance.
    I succeed in killing the drones, but that takes too long and so others are on me before I can take a breath.

What about the gun mounting different between the same ship npc vs my ship?

Are you sure it is possible to play opensp, I didn't get that possibility, when I set it in Flmm, You start in FP7 but no way to go to planet Toledo

Friendly yours

• What about the gun mounting different between the same ship npc vs my ship?

Balance Player vs NPC.

ps

Which ship u use? guns? shield? AU/WR? Shield upgrade? Power generator? missile? torpedos?

• About Open SP: Try little search here on portal, You are not one with this problem, but I think here was solution for this issue.
    About Dervon: I try spare you troubles. You must kill one drone/time and run. Can be done even with poor agile ship but you need know how to fight with them.

What can help:

I hope this all can help you in Dervon and also later ... :)

• Yep, there are better equipment, as the ones Forlon mentioned, try them :)

Also, remember that with more stuff you have on your ship, the slower it'll be, so mounting an armor upgrade instead of weight reducer will get you stronger, but slower, like a space brick :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis