Ship Woes

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I have read some posts about ship control and drifting and I have to say that although I enjoy the mod it is impossible to dock with certain stations and jump holes. 1.8 does not act that way at all and I would like to know from a single player view, does anyone else have these problems? This is very frustrating and I have been told that I am the first to report the problem. Could be my system? I don't really think it is. If someone can spread some light please do. I have considering uploading video to my storage site if anyone wants to see my situation.

• Yes, upload the video.
    Also, there is a but AFAIK which makes your ship drift a bit too much. Dock or restart the game to get rid of the bug. Usually happens when you have passed a nebula.

meh.

• its is quiet impossible that your ship acts this way,... except you have overloaded it with equipment

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• jdavid, remember that the intertia system was added with 1.9. It's not heavely affecting the ship control, so it shouldn't be a big problem turning arround or docking stations, but it won't act the same as in 1.8.

Remember the intertia will increase with your mass, so if you have a heavy ship, with Armor level 10 (adds even more mass, as it tells), and have your cargo with guns or a lot of other stuff, it will make your ship veery slow due to inertia.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Michael is correct here.

If you use a ship with a higher mass, add an armor upgrade, some unmounted Equipment or Cargo to it (will depending on the added mass) it may fly like a brick - also keep it´s direction when turned around so you have to declerate it with it´s forward engines - the engines simply has more to work to change the direction and it is supposed to act this way. The Ships Engines and Thruster power stays the same while you add mass and weight to it, thats the reason why it needs more time declarating and keeping it´s way to the direction you used before. Even experienced Pilots are missing Jumpgates and Jumpholes and also needs to correct the ships angel to dock Stations.

Use the inertia to do the things for you (while keeping it always in mind) instead of working against it. It´s like in Real Life - you may drive a car pretty good but a loaded pickup, a lorry, a bus, or a train are complete other things to drive with. Of course a ship in free space is more hard than.

Have Fun and fly save Pilot - good luck in your journies.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Sorry, but my knowledge of physics is a bit old and rusty but I'm pretty sure that while flying in a dense nebula of gas and particles, a ship would lose inertia because of the drag on the ship's hull by the gas and particles. In the vaccuum of open space I can see a ship drifting a lot but in a nebula? Nope. The drag of the gas/particles would slow a ship down [which it does in Crossfire] and there should be much less drift [which there seems to be more of in dense nebulas].

• You move, turn and accelerate(try punching) slower in water than in air.
    It's a similar way in this situation, you think that in void there's nothing to brake on when turning or slowign down, and the particles will hit and help stopping your ship from going forward when turning, which is apparently reasonable, but they also stop you from going to your new direction and any other direction.
    You was partially correct in your thinking, buy you missed half of it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I told you my physics was old and rusty! Makes perfect sense now. Thanks!

• I'm glad you understod it, explaining your doubt summarized in half a line worried me.

:thumbup: