BSGO - The Nemesis Tournament

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• ROFL (sorry I had to start this news in such a way)

Well Ok. This Weekend the incredible Nemesis Tournament was held on Battlestar Galactica Online.
    Prior to this extra-ordinary event two days were chosen (thursday and friday) to give players the chance to level up and get double experience points for every pvp kill and completed mission.
    So if you were a medium ranked player you could lvl up by incredible 1 rank and if you just started the game you could reach (in theory) a level that made you a worthy target again for high lvl players of the opposing faction (as they dont get xp for low lvl kills).
    "Players can use the 2 days to level up in order to take part in the tournament" was written in the official Newsletter.
    ROFL (my 2nd one)

But ok,... back to the tournament.
    Aside from a mail on wednesday absolutly no information was released about that event. Not when it will exactly start or when it will end. Not even anything about rules or something like that. Unnecessary!
    So it happened that the Event suddenly started... normal systems which are required for new players to make daily missions and get xp turned into so called "event systems".
    And these "event systems" turned instantly into Spawncamps.
    At this point it should also be mentioned that the event systems were draw a line through the middle of the map.
    On the server that I play EVERY event system was a cylon spawncamp with 5-10 cylon liners minimum (which made it impossible to travel to at least 50% of the systems).
    ROFL (the 3rd one)

Needless to say that no new player had any chance to do the daily missions nor to attend any tournament.
    Infact it was not a tournament about skill or anything like that... it was a tournament for the players with the highest lvls (as nobody else could mess with them).
    No... actually it is even worse.
    These Campers used boost items to raise the amount of points they get for every killed opponent in these systems.
    For clarification:
    You get a few hundred xp for every small fighter that you kill (depending on the lvl of that fighter more or less). With these boost items you multiplicate the xp that you get for x hours.
    So it happened that some of these cylons used 20 or more of these boost items at once to get 30.000 or more xp out of a simple fighter kill.
    This tournament was for those people like sitting 48h together with other cylons in those systems activing their boost items and shooting down every small player that wanted to do daily missions and of course also the players which thought (by mistake) they could take part at the tournament.
    Where to get such boost items?
    You can buy them ingame... for cubits... and you can buy cubits with real money... so it happened that the top positions at this tournament are filled with people which invested 500Euro or even more just to cheat their way to the top of the ranking.
    ROFL (the 4th)

Well... like earlier mentioned the event should last 2 days.
    That was the plan... until the server crashed today (i believe this morning) and it is not back yet.
    ROFL (the 5th)

If you didnt notice the high amount of ROFLs yet... I have to enlight you -> the tournament was a disaster, a joke, it pissed off hundreds of players

I believe already yesterday afternoon a large amount of players started to boycot the event by simply not taking part. They either to farm asteroids or to do pvp fights in the arena (their own private tournament ^^).

That was the Nemesis Tournament.
    - the best cheater wins
    - the winners get incredible boni
    - normal players couldnt play their game anymore
    - ppl were not able to do their daily missions
    - server was unavailable half of the event
    - chat crashed aswell (long before the server did)
    - hundreds of upset players
    - new players couldnt survive a second (as i was told that even a high lvl player survived just 4 seconds in the camped event systems)

With other words... the worst event in the history of online gaming.
    For gods sake i stopped playing saturday afternoon and decided to take part in a more interesting discussion about this event at the official forums.
    (Of course with my charming sarcasm ^^)
    I mostly like a comment that somebody else did: "we replace the crossed swords above the name of the tournament winner with 2 crossed credit cards surrounded by bank statements"
    Having said that i am looking forward to the next BSGO Tournament. ^^
    ROFL (the last)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• it was more fun writing about it than playing this weekend

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It is why I replied OP that I have issues with bigpoint games, darkorbit, this, farm things... money is the only thing that moves things.
    Even that, by looking at the ship stats , things look it can go fair and nice for any player, levels and "cubits" are the other side of the coin.

Playing the game is fun, while you don't get addicted or want to be somebody "special".

But I'm wondered to see that the top players only used 500 bucks ? Maybe because this is a second eu server, and there are no american players in here. I've seen people giving over 2000 bucks for a Facebook 2D game with nothing dynamic -_-"

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Playing the game is fun, while you don't get addicted or want to be somebody "special".

The ultimate goal is that--- take money through such tricks. Cubit real money exploit ...lol give me break pls.
    And name me GAMER who does not want to have special equipment?

• i play the game purely for the fun and for sure wont buy anything
    i can live that ppl invest money to lvl up.. thats ok in my opinion
    i just dont see the sense of having a tournament where the richest person wins

like i said, if money is the way to win a tournament like this then let those ppl simply buy those "titles/ranks/awards" and replace the award symbol with 2 crossed credit cards

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Just be sure that whatever is made by BIGPOINT, will be a total money sucker. There are no new stuff for free or players who use no money, there are cheap cool stuff for small prices for ppl who doubt between spending or not, to make them start spending, and they'll keep spending more and more, if they have enough money.

Their newer games, like this , are cool, so it's good to enjoy the chance to play a game that's made on a serie/movie you loved, just don't start to get addicted to money spending.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis