Umm, help?

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• So our newest member Loogi (stolen from Discovery xD) is having an issue I remember running into a while back with windows XP, my router, firewall, antivirus, it's been a long morning.

He gets a message saying the "requested operation is taking longer than expected"

I've been on his computer using RDC and it isn't his firewall, we changed his antivirus, he isn't running any programs that would conflict or slow down his speed, and his modem is actually his router too. He is wired.

I remember with windows XP something about the game using an ipv6 instead of an ipv4, and the packets while trying to join the server are crazy.

If anyone has any suggestions please try to help us out here.

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• Yep Yep, we been going a long time for no progress on getting me there... Its really odd.
    I got an N150 Wireless Modem Router DGN1000

• I did use the search feature here to look through the forums, and looked through about 6 other servers forums (googled) and tried a lot of different solutions. Someone with networking experience will probably be able to figure this out. We spent over 2 hours this morning running through the list, fresh installs, resetting his router, literally everything we could think of. He is wired directly to his modem (which is also a wireless router), was the only person connected, I mean ask us (him) questions to get a specific answer for his scenario.

And we're on our way to being great friends through the struggle haha ;)

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)

• I have no idea of the problem for now, so , the solution either... I'll try to investigate.

Mayybe it's from the server ? (if it worked before)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• but you didnt already have a char on the server?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• No, he did not. He is AFK for now. He did not ever get to create a character on Discovery or CF, so his account folder is empty. Sucks I just deleted mine when I should have remembered to back it up from helping him, but me starting over is unrelated.

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)

• most likely i would say its a problem with the firewall... or eventhough extreme unlikely a direct x problem (as right at that point the directplay starts to do its job)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• We disabled his firewall completely, antivirus, and no other programs he has installed monitor, regulate, or allot any data packets. At first I told him to connect his computer directly into his Modem, instead of having it through a router...but his modem is a router, and his computer is directly hardlined to the modem so we can scratch that.

His internet provider or modem model may be limited as to the amount of data that can be sent through. For example, lets say CF is trying to use 3000 packets of data and his modem is only allocating 2500, and the connection times out. I really just don't know.

You could try the TCPOptimizer from SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads
    Remember to keep registry backups for rollbacks.

hope this helps

I will have him try this when he gets back on (he will probably read this asap). We really appreciate all the input guys. I spent all weekend uploading those files for another player instead of playing, but that won't stop me from trying to help another player connect either. I just want a hug <3

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)

• As you said he couldn't even connect to Discovery, means something is wrong with his PC's drivers/windows secondary tools. Maybe a software within the disk of the modem ? (even I don't think so... but worths a try) Or having all .Net framework versions.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Try removing all freelancer, flmm and mods and saved games of freelancer (if you have other freelancer games that you want saved...move to another folder under another name?)...then download and run ccleaner (use the registry cleaner) to remove any leftover entries. Restart pc. Double check that all stuff is gon Make sure you have deleted all freelancer, modetc. Install freelancer per the instructions. You should have no issues with that essage again.

If that doesn't help...Michael may be on right track with the .net frameworks idea

Hope it helps, cya inspace soon I hope :)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• No PC in my house can connect to Discovery nor Crossfire (CF being my main objective atm). Never got to create a char on CF... couldnt get in. I had chars on Disco which got removed for inactivity...

• Loogi: can you play SP? ... are download updates when you start launcher? ... and allow your AV or FW switch fl.exe (they are different) when switching between SP and MP launch?

• hmm ... try this: search in downloads for ID changer. This is util made by Michael and have description. Use it and clean actual ID. Next try start MP again.

• Hallo!
    Liebe Piloten

Habe Heute mit viel Vorfreude mein Freelancer frisch installiert, dann Crossfire 1.9 aktiviert.
    Wollte endlich Mal Singleplayer weiter spielen)
    Aber nein, nach dem Klick im Hauptmenu erscheint der unvergessliche Freihafen 7, und die Storyline fängt ganz von Vorne an!
    Ist das so vorgesehen, oder hab ich was verpasst?!
    Auf ModDB habe ich gelesen, dass die Storyline im 1.9 sollte von dem letzten Punkt weiter gehen, also, von dem Gespräch mit Orillion im Manhattan-Bar.

Vielen Dank fürs Antwort.

Streicher
    ex-Vagabond

• ist auch so... die neue kampagne schließt nahtlos an die alte an

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,