oh that hurts...
while my comment about degrading you was meant to be a joke i believe now that I have to clarify a few things:
1. I have created that squad (with at that point 8 members) a few months ago and then had to leave in order to work on CF when it was released
2. when I returned one was remaining
anybody could start blaming me now for not being there all the time... but actually if i would have been there all the time then all others here would be complaining about a not released CF
no matter what i decide I will always blamed
3. i asked ppl from SWAT that are interested in this game to give that squad another try for the only damn reason that i know that they will not just vanish if I am not online for a few days
4. the decision not to recruit new members into that squad atm is a structural decision as i am clearly not able to spend all my day in the game
afterall I have to lead 2 communities, take care of meanwhile 3 mods and the needs of all clans and players here
5. if you want to blame me that I was not online as i was in several meetings with the continuum mod team on thursday and wednesday then feel free to do that... i can take the blame for not having more than 24h a day
6. what you can not blame me for is that Ive not taken care of you when you started. I told you how to fight, what ship to take, which equipment you need, what to lvl up, shared my xp and loot with you and showed you how and where to make good xp for the start.
7. that you want to lvl up is something that i can accept but it is not MY priority. the biggest problem of the colonials on that server is that they are all indiviuals fighting for their own... and that is why they are loosing that many fights
8. when i came back to the server yesterday surprisingly I found a new member in the squad (spiky) which was farming asteroids in crap systems near the galactica which takes ages to get xp and resources so i decided not to use my very limited time to do the daily missions (which throws my plans back by 6000 cubits each day) in order to help this new member to finally show him where and how to lvl up
... correct me if i am wrong... but the idea of a clan is to play together and help each other... so i am really surprised that one clan members is going for outposts to personally lvl up when another clan member does not even know how to gain experience
I for sure will go the path that I have choosen and you are free to choose your own if you wish.
After all its a game. As far as i see it there is no one to blame for anything that you cannot influence.
And the most crucial thing - having fun should not be forgotten about.
So do your stuff - form against toasters and bring back live to earth
I though all of you went to an old and hard server with a situation of Cylons outnumbering the Colonies (even there isn't a big difference as it seems, it's not giving a bonus for the Colonial side as it should, maybe things changed since OP was there) and not to get sad/serious when you get killed 100 times as newb to challenge yourself, but an united team is better
i know this is a year old threat but can somebody say witch game it is and a link to it please
Battlestar Galactica Online
You could also try Diaspora: Shattered Armistice. It's a Freespace total Conversion and you won't need to have Freespace installed. Multiplayer is still in beta. But best of all, it's free. Release date was September 2012.