Early missions in SP too hard - tips needed

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Marauder.

• Hey, so, I don't really want to sound whiny, but I think that Crossfire has made the early missions (from Vanilla FL) too difficult. Namely, a lot of enemy ships are now far too "smart" or maneuverable to effectively track, they regenerate their shields and hull, and they drop countermeasures.

I love these features otherwise, like, in openSP and multiplayer playing 1.82 I loved them, because it made all the random missions great fun. But when you are being shot at by 8 Outcast ships in your crappy Defender, without access to better equipment, and your missiles won't track, it gets quite annoying. So:
    Is there any way to disable the enemies dropping countermeasures in singleplayer? This alone would make things manageable. Or, if there isn't, does anyone have any tips as to how to overcome theses obstacles?

Or, am I just being crazy and no one else has encountered these, or am I just crap at this game?

Thanks for any helpful replies :)

• Hella Acegard,

CF was before and now also very challenging. This included also NPCs AI. You need adapt on this difficulty level and if you know 1.82 then with little thinking you find ways how to significantly raise your combat possibilities. Btw using missiles during vanila story is really unnecessary, with little practice and good equip you can kill NPCs very fast with guns. And believe me, learn evading and aiming skills come VERY handy in new missions :)

• LOL...this is like the 10th thread complaining about this. I recommend you look through some of the old threads to see some hints; but I can tell you, any class ship is available to you from the start of the game. You just have to find them and it is not as hard as you think.

• Thank you Martind, that helps. :) I just want to blow through the early missions as fast as I could in Vanilla to get to your expanded content... *sigh* I'm just going to have to exercise "patience", I guess.

I'd love to get some of those epic ships you mention, but it really shouldn't be necessary in the early missions, and anyway it isn't viable.

• actually it is quite easy

the custodian gate is accesseable --> dromedary freighter , eagle, titan and one other lvl 10 weapon vhf for less than 800k credits

how tog et credits easily:
    freighter: planet manhattan -> newark station and back
    later the route from planet london to one station orbitting it and back or in kusari the shuinjuku station -> yokohama shipyards (or whatever it is called, 1 tradelane between them)

easy money--> easy access to weapons and shields

(though vhf and race are a bad combination)

• the fun starts after the vanilla story anyway and there are still some tricky parts (try to do the race wsith a vhf f.e.)

• Not sure if I remember right....but I think there's a L10 ship about 800k in SOS. When you purchase it comes with L8 guns? and shield. If you are playing through SP a tip would be to build up a bit of extra credits for later in the game. You will probably like to have several of the upgrades before/during the extended CF missions.

Good luck pilot

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D