Oh please help!!

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I followed the crossfire 1.9 installation instructions to the letter, I searched the forums and could find not solution for my delema.
    Activation was successful but the game wouldnt run, not even the intro, mucked around as i got frustrated and got the intro but crashed at the end of it. I have vista 64bit sp2,

I have exhausted all tries at getting this going and I would so like to play the single player game, so please if anyone could help I would be so greatful.

Thanks

P.S All other Freelancer mods other than the crossfire versions run perfectly...

• have you checked the latest updates for your Windows?
    Also have you checked the MS Visual C++ redistributable if there are any updates or version conflicts?
    Regarding your operating system (which is 64bit x64) and Freelancer (which is 32bit x86) check here on microsoft website

Maybe it helps to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ file 1 file 2

Have you tried to run it in compatibility mode?
    I hope it helps to fix your problem

• do you activated the mod via FLMM 1.3? and have you just activated this mod (no other mod) ? and have you deleted all your saves from your savegame-folder?

if it still does not work try to change the compatibility of your fl.exe to the windows xp version.

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Since he followed the instructions, I assume he got rid of older savegames and also used the right FLMM version.
    I still think there is a version conflict in the files.

• Thank you all for your valuable replies.

It was a fresh install, I deleted all files in reference to freelancer as was instructed on the installation instruction page...

I used fmm 1.31 as instructed, it successfully activated :) without issue.

I am using Vista 64bit sp2 buisness, my hardware high end (too bad about my dodgy OS choice :D), so hardware isnt an issue, all windows updates are up to date, as it were but the C++ stuff I will look into as you could be onto something there.

I will get back to you all after I have tested with the newer C++ stuff

Thanks again

• @ Chronic....didn't you play here in past? Could be other user had that name....no matter.

@ Abras...I don't get it, why would anyone need C++ stuff or is that just for help tracking game issues?

Sorry, I don't get it

Marauder

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• You can check what your windows says about the problem by examine critical error log (start -> run -> "Event Viewer" -> "Administrative Events") - it should give you problematic/missing file report so you can be sure is it c++ redist. or something else (but it does smell like c++, had similar issues with other software until I installed all latest versions available for my 7x64).

• Huor
    Sometimes it can be a "bad" idea to have the newest version of files/tools installed ;)

Marauder
    Why does anyone need C++ stuff?
    Assuming that you also use Microsoft Windows uninstall your Microsoft Visual C++ and run some programs again then you will see why you need it ;)

Chronic
    What does the event viewer tell you about the "crash" ? Any information on that?

• Hi all,

Ok I have examined the event viewer and it appears the faulting module is common.dll version 6.0.6002.18327.

Obviously the faulting application was freelancer.exe :)

I tried the above c++ stuff still no good.

Thanks

• I have played on the 1.7a version for a short time, but the lag was too bad for me...so untill lately I have played using the discovery mod.

• how do you do that? I looked with all the tabs etc, I cannot find the option to change such things...

Thanks

you can set up those things (shader, particle color ect.) when you activate the mod.
    Later you can not change it unless you re-install the mod and activate it again.

• OMG that doesn't show up at the time of activation :(

I see a progress bar, then when it is finished the crossfire reference is ticked within flmm.

When I install the mod, I install it into the mods directory, is this correct?

Why is it I dont get the pop up?

I also am missing CF_CL.dll, this comes up when attempting to download the MP files on the intial pop up to select SP or MP.

Thanks

Why is it I dont get the pop up?

But you got it, you only almost for sure missed slider on right side where are available many settings (I missed this one too when I first time installed 1.8 ). Now you need start 1.9 activation from begin (it mean you need clean FL install) and start again mod activation .... but this time check whole menu (Right after you press mod activation you will see menu, you need now using slider!, set options and after this press OK) :)

• I did as was instructed, im using flmm 1.31 and re installed everything, On activation I couldnt find any slider or any option when selecting the mod, could you please do a screen shot of this?

Is there any other way that I can play this game without all this stuff, once upon a time i was able to just dump all the crossfire stuff into the freelancer directory and run the crossfire exe and it worked perfectly, damned shame this really :(

• safest way would be.
    make sure you have your FL-ID printed/saved somewhere (start - programs - microsoft games - freelancer - Examine my account ID)
    deactivate the CF-mod (as far as possible)
    get rid of all of your Freelancer files (including folder FL has been installed in, CF-mod manager and savegames, including FL-directory in ../Users/../myGames)
    uninstall ALL of it and if uninstalling is not possible then delete the whole folder

clean your registry using CCleaner (important)
    restart your computer (important)

install Freelancer (as administrator)
    restart your computer (important)

install the mod manager v1.31 (as administrator)
    unpack and install the Crossfire mod 1.9 choosing the directory of the mod manager (if the right folder has not been choosen automaticly already)
    after installation of the mod, the mod manager opens automaticly

select Crossfire 1.9 client version to activate (within the mod manager window)
    choose the options you prefer (as in the screenshot of Lost_Heaven)
    (deactivate the advanced shaders within the activation process, see at screenshot)
    wait for the mod to be activated (do not touch anything while its activating)

in this way you have a clean install of Freelancer, the CF-mod and the mod manager
    you will also get the activation window of the mod (as displayed in Lost_Heaven's screenshot)

once you are done with all of this, restart your computer again
    Things should be working now.
    (I did it yesterday, just for testing purposes and its running just fine on Win7 32bit as well as WinXP Multimedia Edition and Win Vista 32bit)

• It's done!!!

All that was wrong was the position of the installation into the flmm directory...

Thank you to all that assisted me with this problem, it was greatly appreciated :)

Furthermore, I would like like to say thankyou to those that spent the time deveoping this mod, fabulous effort! Bringing back to life an old game, both multiplayer and single player, cheers to you all!

Unfortunatly my experiences on multiplayer are sad as the lag kills what ever enjoyment I may have, it is a shame there is not an australasian crossfire server. So i will once again experience that single player mode, to see what you peeps have been up too and what is all the fuss is about ;)

Chron1c