Will Crossfire 1.9 be an "upgrade" or a completely new download?

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hi guys,

I have limited bandwidth, so I'm going to download Crossfire 1.8.x. Just wondering if 1.9 will simply be an upgrade (and therefore smaller download) when it's released, or will I have to blow 1.5ish Gig downloading it?

How have the previous ones worked?

Cheers :)

• Probably more, mate. Sorry. The whole thing's gonna be big, you can be sure of that.

Bugger.

Is it worth downloading the current version? Or just waiting til Mayish/release date?

Also, how many people actually play on the server?

• Man oh man, I remember the days when I couldn't even download something that was 100MB, because my dial-up would always cut out after a certain length of time (and it would never restart from where it left off).

Now, there's a good chance 1.9 could crack the 2GB mark, and now something that big would only take two hours (at most) for me to DL.

It's amazing how we take technology for granted sometimes. :bmuhahaha:

• Rohan.

Welcome to Crossfire Server.

I had the same problem you have iro bandwidth, and I actually had to get a 'connection' (friend) to download CF1.8 for me and then send to me on dvd so I can install.

Maybe someone here can do the same for you, depending on where you live.

The number count of active 'online' players are normally less than 50, making it easy to keep track of who is who and what they are doing , but as mentioned previously, I also expect cf1.9 to push up the number count.

I also supect that about 20-25 players are not in game but performing logistical clan related work at the same time.

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• Thanks for the reply guys.

I'm actually from New Zealand, so chances are no one will be sending me a DVD with the files :P. That's also another reason why I don't wanna blow 1.5Gig - might be too laggy for me. Does anyone know where the server is based?

Oh, also - is this a roleplaying server? I like the pirate/police thing, but can't stand the only chat/act "in character" kind of stuff.

Thanks.

• Hi

Inflct is also in New Zealand, and yes it is a 100% Role Play Server and is based in Germany.

EDIT

Like OP says below...people don't talk RP all the time, there are lots of friendly offtopic conversations and private conversations going the whole time, but most system chat messages are RP related.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

Edited once, last by Riebens ().

• Players connect to Crossfire from all over the globe.

And no, the server isn't RP talk all the time, there's times of relaxation. Come, meet the people. :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• How strict is the roleplay? I would prefer just to play with some mates and explore/do missions etc.

Inflct, if you're around. Where in NZ are you? And how laggy is it for us?

• Roleplay is recommended, but you can go around exploring and flying missions, it's no problem.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• based on the statistics there are up to 45 players online
    and the server is ranked on pos 3-4

cf1.9 will come as full download
    and will be not much bigger than 1.82

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• RP is usually in the Sirius and takes place in the 20-30 system .... we have 100+ --- 150 systems? So plenty of space for all kinds of games:)

• you cant really compare both
    discovery is a relative small mod while cf is probably the biggest modding project for fl

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What do you mean by "Less drama" and "different roleplay"?

How does RP work here? I've never really experienced it besides "I'm a pirate. Give me money or I'll blow you up".

• What do you mean by "Less drama" and "different roleplay"?

How does RP work here? I've never really experienced it besides "I'm a pirate. Give me money or I'll blow you up".

Drama? just the same like everywhere else where player with different opinion meet each other. (if forum or ingame)

RP? you have a clue what RP is? so you know how it works.

"Im a pirate. Give me money or I'll blow you up." thats funny. I should try that sentence, and then start complaining that the opponent just flew away without letting me finish typing my sentence..

We also have players from Australia playing here and they are doing well. They have a bit higher ping compared to the players from other countries, but thats about it.

And people can tell you a lot about anything, you will still have to make up your own picture of the whole thing to figure out if you like it or not :)