I am new in crossfire mod and need some help

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by AbrasDevil.

• I just began to play this great mod, and i need some help.I have few questions.

1.Where i can buy Battleships,and weapons for them?
    2.What is the maximum player level in a single player game?
    3.How do I switch to another sector?

• You don´t need a battleship for start - its just good for smuggling^^.

But i think you ask for SP? There will be systems open after you done some missions from the storyline - they will tell you.

In MP you are nearly free to go everywhere - if you survive^^

I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side

I was a sailor. I was born upon the tide
    And with the sea I did abide.

I fly a starship across the Universe divide
    And when I reach the other side
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
    Perhaps I may become a highwayman again...

Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
    But I will remain
    And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again..

Chars: Bonanza Chingachcook Comanchero Goyathlay Highwayman Klondike Last.Mohican Tecumseh The.Iron.Horse

• I finish few missions from story line and all gates are open.I wont to buy a battleship for fun,but i dont know where.Where i can buy Strike Carrier battleship?

What ship is best in this mod?

Edited once, last by Regor ().

• Hello Regor,

If are my sources correct, in CF is only one Strike carrier (Nomad Strike Carrier) and you cannot buy it, because this is NPC ship and is not sold on any station.
    ... and in CF is not "The best ship" as you probably asked about "universal TOP ship". Always depends for what you need this ship for ... PvP (in MP) or alien hunting, or trading or ... ? .. is better to have more agility or is better have little less agility and bigger cargo hold for more escape pods? ... Good ships are also in Sirius, but I suggest look in Altair (Coalition space) where you can find interesting ships and probably check also design .... you can for sure find some you will like most.

• I need a good battleship,i don't want to trade.I found few battleships in system X-3043,and i bought Osiris battleship,but this ship is very weak,nomad fighters always destroying me.
    Can i buy more powerfull shields for battleship Osiris,or all battleships has only default shields?

• Battleship shields cannot be changed, and you will not be able to find better (in this mod version anyway).

You may however strenghten the hull by mounting an armor upgrade.

In fights against light and agile opponents, the use of a battleship is not always an easy task, and may
    require some technics and specialized skills.

With some experience you will learn them and be able to progress :)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• I need a good battleship,i don't want to trade.I found few battleships in system X-3043,and i bought Osiris battleship,but this ship is very weak,nomad fighters always destroying me.
    Can i buy more powerfull shields for battleship Osiris,or all battleships has only default shields?

running against nomads in a battleship is not the wisest idea. BS's are usually slown, when not in cruise mode. And when in cruise mode you can not fight (like you can not in all other ships either, since the weapons are turned off as soon as you engage the cruise mode)
    BS's are also not that agile, compared to the regular fighters. Ok, their firepower is higher than this from fighters but regular fighters might beat you easily, because of their advantage in agility.

I would recommend to get a fighter, (more agile than a BS) get the right equipment (including shield + upgrade, armor upgrade, class 9 or 10 guns and have fun in that way :)

The best ship in this mod, depends on your fighting style, your goal (what you want to do) and the opponents you are going to face.
    There is not really "the best" ship in this mod. every ship has his advantages and also his disadvantages :)

have fun playing

• Ok if the batlleships is not good,in what systems i can find good fighters?

I like fast fighters with good weapons.

• why do you think that admins have your ID?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It is very good too write down your ID and keep it in a good spot, maybe also a 2nd copy of the ID for a backup if you lose the other somehow..

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

• Server doesn't store account ID's as you see them. If you ask politely there is a possibility that an Admin would move the char(s) to new account (tho' it is recommended not to bother him/her/them with such minor 'problems')
    OP mentioned some time ago that chars are 'cleaned up' after ~3 months if inactivity. Besides you should check if your char(s) still exist before asking. (Q:How to check it? A: Try to create a new char with same name, you will get a message if it still exists)

• It looks char still exist:
    326 Am-Sher 23399 50 $3,471,616 1,310 24:14:40 20 44 89 28 22:24:07 - 06 Nov 10

• Am-Sher, refering to what Forlon posted. I offer you to give you 5 mil to start out with.
    just create a new char (on the new ID you probably got during the new installation of FL)

Just make sure you write down your ID (start > programs > microsoft games > freelancer > examine my account ID)
    in this way you prevent such problems in the future :)