Game crash

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• ok, so i discover this crossfire 1.82 and think that it looks epic, so i download flmm 1.31, i do everything right, (iv looked on every forum there possibly could be about this, and it always crashes right after i lauch to space for the first mission, i thought the whole time it was the mod, but after removing every ounce of data from the mods, i reinstalled fl and played unmodded, it crashes in the same exact spot. before i had an issue with no sound, but corrected that with a codec download. when the game crashes, i get this message,

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:Freelancer.exe
    Application Version:1.0.1223.11
    Application Timestamp:3e401b79
    Fault Module Name:SoundStreamer.dll
    Fault Module Version:1.11.0.173
    Fault Module Timestamp:3e401cd4
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:000021fd
    OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID:1033
    Additional Information 1:5fad
    Additional Information 2:5fad7e41a9e02ca05f5f64d84094b94f
    Additional Information 3:9ca5
    Additional Information 4:9ca5c9c0d8be2deddb946d15b65f8345

i did delete everything freelancer related before playing unmodded

I am running windows 7 ultimate 32-bit mobo- GA-EP45-UD3L quadcore 2.6 ghz processor, 4 gigs ram, onboard sound, radeon hd 5770

I have everything running as administrator, compatability mode, reinstalled many many many times, deleted save folders in case of corrupt data, i also know its not bc of a scratched disc, and yes i have a legal copy, updated audio drivers as well as video, downloaded and installed patch 1.1, i searched for a soundstreamer.dll to download to replace my current one, but none available.... i have no clue what to do now... all help is greatly appreciated.

p.s. sry bout the smiley face, thats origional txt : Soundstreamer.dll

• execute the direct x tests (start run dxdiag) and deactivate 3D sound in the game for the beginning.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I have already disabled that sound option, and in the dxdiag, theres no test buttons, i know what your talking about, but there just not there... it says everything is running fine though in the box at the bottom of the page (in display tab) I am running directx 11 if that matters, i have not been able to find any updates whatsoever for it though..

• I downloaded the codec because of the crashes and thought the no sound was related, was dissapointed when teh sound worked, but still crashed, unfortunatly, thats not the issue :( i recently installed 2 new gigs of ram, issue there? i wouldnt think it would conflict with hardware.. i will try taking it out anyway though

• Didnt work, but i dont always get the same error message i guess, this is the latest

Problem signature:
    Application Name:Freelancer.exe
    Application Version:1.0.1223.11
    Application Timestamp:3e401b79
    Fault Module Name:ReadFile.dll
    Fault Module Version:1.11.0.173
    Fault Module Timestamp:3e401cd3
    Exception Offset:00006bd3
    Additional Information 1:e91e
    Additional Information 2:e91e579b6a85146a02d077f499dd4aec
    Additional Information 3:9bd8
    Additional Information 4:9bd83ae53a387449b90e7519770fc0a9

*EDIT*

Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec is the codec i installed, however i have no idea how to remove a codec on windows 7, this is the link... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814549 it says how to remove, but only xp and earlier... that is also the link that said to install it to fix audio issues, however i am still experiencing no sound during certain cut scenes, some work, some dont. I had some freelancer save files on a disc, that i copied, and i loaded them, it doesnt seem to crash at all after the first mission, it seems its the little cutscene where you are flying with King, and when the ships start to fly to the Donau it crashes, same spot every time, i normally would just load the next save, which is right after that, but if i want to play crossfire... cant use those savefiles :(( wanna play it so bad.... i may just reinstall windows completely.. idk.. im about to that point though

Edited once, last by Shadowen ().

• They said to uninstall the codec then install it again, but i couldnt figure out how to uninstall it in the first place, so i just installed it like you said, i dont know if the problem is because i didnt remove the origional first? still dunno how to uninstall it either way

• An extremely disapointing update... gave up for the moment on freelancer, untill i get my windows install cd from brother,
    so i bought SpaceForce: Rogue Universe from direct2drive...

Application Name: SpaceForce.exe
    Application Version:0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp:47ea282e
    Fault Module Name:Engine.dll
    Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:47df9ce5
    Exception Offset:000024c6
    Additional Information 1:9e49
    Additional Information 2:9e49613274b658b02eec839158645c3d
    Additional Information 3:9e49
    Additional Information 4:9e49613274b658b02eec839158645c3d

on startup of the game WTF.... i have NEVER had any problem with ANY game untill now, 2 at the same time...

*EDIT*
    Was finally able to edit the config file, wouldnt let me have access so i cut it, edited it, then repasted it lol, changed it so it skips the intro, dosnt crash on startup now.. im almost 100% sure that this is directly related to the freelancer issue

Edited 2 times, last by AwesomeMan ().

• WOOOOHOOOO reinstalled windows, and everything seems to be workin! didnt even have to lose all my old files, thank you both for tryin to help, installin the mods now.. damn im excited :D

• 450000 are not hard to earn ;)

Click the image above to visit us.

• 00006bd3

That code is related to the motherboard voltage itself. That mobo needs 2.10v running and through the BIOS ( delete button at boot) you can raise the values from the 1.8v where it is now to 2.10v.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• PC's are hard to believe. But that code in itself points to voltage. Only reason I know this, is because i have the same board and had similar issues.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Idk maybe, but i know that the voltage was never edited from the last install of windows, fresh install fixed it, BIOS is still same version as before, only thing i ever did via BIOS is overclock, and very little of that, just testing it.