Some questions about CF

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by [BC]afGun.

• I played CF long time ago, but i played it alone. Now I'm already prepaired my clan-comrades to set up our one of our footholds here, in Crossfire.
    But not all is so ease how it looks... :(
    First of all, we are intergame clan and exist in other games. Couse of this, our membership consisting of those who speaks mainly in russian lanquage as a native. It means, many of my battle comrades can't only to speak but understanding english at all.
    In one of my flights, one of my comrades occasionally sent the message to system chat. The answer was: "the system chat is only for english mates". But he doesn't understood it. I have explained it to him but I can't give any guarantees for my comrades will speak on it.
    Second problem is on misunderstanding of some phrases.
    For example: I learn the british english, and can't understand many of phrases like "pwned" often.
    May be some incoming messages to any of our comrade from any other player. But in course of misunderstanding, the result of this "communication" can be unpredictable.
    So, how I can prevent anything from this?
    I do not want to see the problems associated with the difference in languages then... But I can't teech the english to all of my comrades too.
    Thanks in advance.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• Hi AfGun,

I can tell you that if they really will want play CF, they can fast learn basic English (especially when they can use on-line Google translator). It is only matter of time and you need count with misunderstandings. But nothing is so hot, that cannot be explained or solved later. CF play more ppl who almost not know English and they are able to play so there is no reason why your comrades cannot. In our clan are ppl (peoples, members) from more countries and some also have probs with English but we try help them. Important for your mates is follow server rules and wise select their RP (so they can have some time to found what will fit them best.

And about "pwned" ... it mean: in duel when is one killed, then he is pwned by winner. Here is something more about it. Some others shortcuts are explained in FAQ (here)

• Thanks for advises (especiaclly about shortcuts :)) and help.
    Leadership of our clan mostly can speak in english. Far from perfect, but better than not :) So, all general information (F.A.Q., Server Rules, Game Guide and other) is currently under translation and posting on our main clan-forum (I understand the english more better than speak on it :)). So, I think no problems will be at this point.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• If you see SA_RUSSIA online, I am sure he could help you out some with questions ou may have, as he is also from your country
    (but that's pretty obvious from his name hehe) :)

He is still working on his English as well ^^

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Ok. I saw him at the game, but doesn't spoken to him yet :)
    But except hi I saw many other russians. I think I will not be alone at my native language :)

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way

• In one of my flights, one of my comrades occasionally sent the message to system chat. The answer was: "the system chat is only for english mates". But he doesn't understood it. I have explained it to him but I can't give any guarantees for my comrades will speak on it.

Just to say this:

Rules are very simple: ONLY English in a SYSTEM chat!

So...in private channel chat you can use Swahili language if you know and if you want ;)
    However your help will be much appreciated these days :D

and welcome back dude!
    8).

ONLY English in a SYSTEM chat!

This I know :) And usually explaining to my comrades to use private or some another programs to chat in native language.
    BUT:
    It is annoying to writing or reading non-cyrillic russian words... many of russians are using "translit" typing russian words by latin letters and some other symbols... Pretty hard to read and especially to write.
    So, I think, our clan will use voice-programs for fast communication as usual. Game private chat can only be used if will be provided the cyrillic.

---
    In game signatures:
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    And follow the way