crash after update

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SMG_Picard.

• so i can play single player cf but as soon as i wait for the launcher to download all the files and try to play multiplayer, it crashes before the main menu. after that initial crash i cant even start the launcher anymore, i get the CF has stopped working error. I deleted all my save games and deleted the folders but still no luck. in running windows 7 64bit and turned off all my av. any ideas?

thanks

• Have you donwloaded the new Crossfire 1.82 version ?

If so...
    after clearing all the Freelancer folder in "My Games", noy only the normal savegames, and assuring your net connection (that has no package losses),
    if it says it stopped working, try see if it's still on the Task manager(CTRL+ALT+DEL), and if it isn't... try reinstall the game with a nice short manual which was posted on a thread caleld "Crossfire 1.82 release" or "activating new mod" with a screenshot in it, it should work.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• HI @ All!

I have the same Problem! but i cannot play the single Player too... I have Installed the Crossfire 1.82...

is the problem becaus i install the Original Freelancer too??

when i Unistall the Original Freelancer, you thing it goes??

Gruss Sim_Son

• everyone here has that "issue" but the temporary fix should be here somewere....

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• just follow the installation instructions coming with the mod

if the launcher does not start then check if the freelancer.exe process is still running on the taskmanager

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hi OP!

i have download the Crossfire 1.82 on SWAT Portal but i become only the Crossfire setup EXE, I dont becom a Redme File...

Greethings Simy

PS. Schöhn wieder mal zeit zu haben um euch alle besuchen zu können ;) Es tut gut euch alle wieder zu sehen!!!

• die readme ist in der exe drin
    das ist ein installer der CF in dein flmm entpackt (dort findest du auch die readme)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• G'day All,

Am having the same issue. I know CF 1.81 works fine on Win7 cos I have it installed and running fine on my laptop (not attached to the internet so no patching done). On my PC I installed Original Freelancer and it runs fine. I installed CF using the same 1.81 I used for the other install. It installs fine and loads fine FLMM 1.31. When I run CF for the first time I get the patching screen (as my PC is attached to the internet) and it patches fine and I get the SP and MP options. when I run SP I get the Win7 hourglass for about 10 seconds then nothing. Now when I run CF I don't even get the patching screen I just get the hourglass for 10 seconds or so then nothing. The Freelancer.exe process appears then disappears in the list of tasks. I have made sure there are no save games and have even tried deleting the saves folder entirely but I get the same result. My graphics card is only about 2 years old (ATI Radeon HD 4850 1Gb) and should eat the requirements for CF. The Application Event viewer gives me the following...

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 12/01/2011 11:42:55 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: SunsetWin7
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 2.0.0.360, time stamp: 0x4b41e9fe
    Faulting module name: Freelancer.exe, version: 2.0.0.360, time stamp: 0x4b41e9fe
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00011424
    Faulting process id: 0x1408
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cbb1f1a5a59cc0
    Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe
    Faulting module path: E:\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe
    Report Id: e47e14e0-1de4-11e0-8c7a-00116778e6bb

All help is greatfully accepted cos I love the game and am got going to put my laptop back on the net and play in case the patching caused the issues

Thanks Guys...

MickeyD

I installed CF using the same 1.81 I used for the other install. It installs fine and loads fine FLMM 1.31. When I run CF for the first time I get the patching screen (as my PC is attached to the internet) and it patches fine

Current CF version is 1.82 you need to reinstall all with new version or don't let 1.81 download patches after install.

watchi10.png

Life is just a game, scenario is crap but at least video is excellent.

CF chars: SMG_Pic, SMG_Picard,SMG_Explorer, SMG_Savage

When you constantly wining fights you loosing skills, when you loosing fight you learning how to win.