Posts by MickeyD13

@Forlon Here are the last half a dozen saves from my current game...will try what you suggested with the restart.fl file. The saves do date back six months or so as I said to Gearhead a few days ago...got distracted by other games for a while lol...am fairly certain the are all Crossfire 1.9 saves...I don't think I have been to Tohoku before the mission there but I could be wrong...did do some exploring...

@Gearhead Yeah I tried to get to the Hokkaido J/H but the mission failed before I got that far...the issue I'm having is that it is in the middle of the plot mission for Tekagi so I have to enter and leave via the Chogoku J/H...so I basically need to some how reactivate or reset the Chogoku J/H at least long enough to complete the mission...

Thanks to you both for the suggestions though

MickeyD

Files

• Mission9.zip

(421.03 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )

G'day All,

I have this problem too...I have played the original part of this game from end to end more times than I can count trying different ships and exploring here, there and everywhere but this is the first time I have ever had this issue...had to re-install my PC since my last play through but I only have basic freelancer, crossfire 1.9 and widescreen enabled and that's all but can't complete mission 9...I've gone back to saves before mission 9 as well as the saves from early in mission 9 but no joy... Martind Forlon did you have any success with nielsenbr07's save games...have read a couple of posts in different places about editing files but wasn't sure so thought I'd ask the question before I did anything stupid lol ;)

Thanks in advance...

G'day All,

Am having the same issue. I know CF 1.81 works fine on Win7 cos I have it installed and running fine on my laptop (not attached to the internet so no patching done). On my PC I installed Original Freelancer and it runs fine. I installed CF using the same 1.81 I used for the other install. It installs fine and loads fine FLMM 1.31. When I run CF for the first time I get the patching screen (as my PC is attached to the internet) and it patches fine and I get the SP and MP options. when I run SP I get the Win7 hourglass for about 10 seconds then nothing. Now when I run CF I don't even get the patching screen I just get the hourglass for 10 seconds or so then nothing. The Freelancer.exe process appears then disappears in the list of tasks. I have made sure there are no save games and have even tried deleting the saves folder entirely but I get the same result. My graphics card is only about 2 years old (ATI Radeon HD 4850 1Gb) and should eat the requirements for CF. The Application Event viewer gives me the following...

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 12/01/2011 11:42:55 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: SunsetWin7
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 2.0.0.360, time stamp: 0x4b41e9fe
    Faulting module name: Freelancer.exe, version: 2.0.0.360, time stamp: 0x4b41e9fe
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00011424
    Faulting process id: 0x1408
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cbb1f1a5a59cc0
    Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe
    Faulting module path: E:\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe
    Report Id: e47e14e0-1de4-11e0-8c7a-00116778e6bb

All help is greatfully accepted cos I love the game and am got going to put my laptop back on the net and play in case the patching caused the issues

Thanks Guys...

MickeyD