Starcraft 2 : Patch 1.1

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Yes, two terrans fighting is possible, and you can choose other races too after each round, it's not 'live-time' :D

Edit: After Spiky's post... in one of those links, it's shown this:

Zerg is not an UP race, it is an under chosen race. You want more Zergs to be in the Top 200, get more people to play Zerg.

:D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• And you can watch this games? On the iNet or just by your friends over the shoulders?

I pretty well understand when its so imbalanced that it doesnt makes any joy - and thats what games should be about. I know this from CoD on the PS3 there are meanwhile only progamers or kids with usually more than 6 hours play time a day playing. Makes no fun too ;D

Anyway so when i would start - as a totally noob at this game - and choose the Terrans i would probably have a chance to win against a Protoss or Zerg player?

signature.png

• and guess why Zerg is the least played race Michael.... duh

I will say it ONE MORE TIME, what I am saying is what the PRO GAMING scene (do you get that Michael, PRO GAMERS that make a living out of this game?) has been saying since day 1 of SC 2 release (some during the beta too), what you quoted there is most probably from some casual bronze player that thinks he is super smart with his clever observation

Miche you want to disagree with what the MAJORITY of the entire SC 2 community says based on your 2 hours gameplay experience? Be my guest, but don't expect me to take you seriously then

arguing with you right now is like arguing with a religious person -> hopeless

Huor
    There are tons of live streams about SC 2, there are shitloads of tournaments every week, most of them being broadcasted live

biggest tournament so far is in South Korea right now with a prize pool of 170.000 USD (there are going to be two more of those tournaments in the next months) broadcasts by GomTV (south korean channel for pro gaming SC and SC 2)

Starcraft pretty much the most popular Esports there is (after Quake live and CS and probably shitty Halo)

Well if you start playing know you will obviously chose Terran as the campaign is all about Terrans and their story... (especially since you have never played SC before.. that would be the 'logical' step to take)

im pretty sure you'd do 'ok' if you play Terran against Zerg or Toss... you go MMM and you'll do just fine :P

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Well, now Terrans are less powerful...
    Anyways I mainly choose Protoss... for their cool aspect and technology :D instead of brainless animals ...(Zerg)
    I also like Terrans, cus I AM TERRAN :D (in RL lol )

Spiky: I agreed with what pro gamers told, but not with your addition :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• this game is nothing like C&C... much more complexe, there is no demo but if you come to maastricht you can play via guest account :D

@ Miche if you would learn to write proper english, or at least full sentences that make sense I would understand what you would say

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Except for C&C4 ( new concept, i'm not convinced ) the 2 games are very related. Same basic concept: you chose your race, get a start position on a "black" map ( Fog of War ) and must develop your base to produce your army thanks to minerals ( = $ ) you'll find around on the map.

Starcraft needed 10 years to see SC2 and has an aura that was growing with the years, C&C was more productive giving a stream of games following on regular bases . I like to play both aswell as i love to play Age of Empire3 ( same principes but more "historical".

I first play the campaings of all these games, then all specials against AI before I go to multiplayer. Still busy with 2v2 with SC2 and every day I discover new possibilities on each race, the most difficult to get is the key play. Specialy difficult to master in SC2 because you have to think fast , you are in real time, not much time to think absolute none is your opponent is a human. But knowing the short cuts ( key ) will give you a great advantage.

Personaly, I'm to old to be fast enough so I need more time to build my defense, I'm a long runner player with lots of patience and I base my game on strategic points more than " rusching" your opponent as Quick as possioble making the game fast and furious but certainly not intersting in a tactical or strategic point of view.

In the past ( 10 years ago ) I played several times in Multi but after a while you got to deal with cheaters and you lose interest for the game... and stop playing ! :(

Dunno if I'll play SC2 in multi, I find myself not yet ready to battle others with much more practice and rapidity but who knows ... 8).

• Age of Empire 3...

try Age of Mythology, or the best, Empire Earth 3 :P Counting it has Starcraft human part, age of empires and age of prehistoric all together :D

WarHammer 40K or others, has the same way as Starcraft, but not online as I remember, even in Warhammer was used (before sc2 of) the 'Citatel' , main building converting into a Protoss Mothership, like a floating city which does heavy damage to everything :D

• Never played Empire earth and I was not very attracted by Age of mythology...

But I remember my ( the ) first RTS of all " DUNE " with 3 kind of races to chose and putting your base only on rocky parts and go only on the sand if no worm was nearby :D

And then the first "Warcraft" ( on a tape ) with ogers and trolls, mining with your peons ! :rolleyes:

Then the rest, a range of different RTS each with a twist : Total Annihilation, Dark Reign, Cossacks, AMERICA ( western ), Supreme Commander ( not my favor thing ) and lots I forgot... :whistling:

I like also more strategic games with more thingking and planning ( not RTS ) as the Total Wars series, East India compagny, the Panzers and Warlords series .... but none of FPS as you see a lot last time, they are to fast for my brain and my skills ! :ninja:

• Well, they are great for mine ^^

I'm training on them to keep my speed and skills until about.... 60 yrs ^^

like typing all this in 3-4 seconds so I can type while PvPing without dieing :P

heh