Which graphic card is best

There are 62 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by MISTER(robert)BROT.

• the game does not require much

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I have used the GTS 450, GTX 275 & GTX 295 and there isnt any difference, since the technology of all 3 is three generations ( at the least ) of the graphics coding of freelancer. And instead of spending money on a new GTX series, you can find a GTX295 for cheap on ebay. The 295 can easily handle any gameout there today. You can buy two 295's and run them in SLI and have perfect performance from ANY game for a few years to come, for the same price as any new single GTX model available.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• nVidia all the way for me. :thumbsup:

Unless you plan to do some high Def movies or something, then go with the higher spec cards.
    Big cards IMHO are only used for High end DTP, CGi in movies, high visal effects and stuff.
    But if thats what you do in life, then you must be working for Dreamworks or Lucas Arts. :P

128Mb to 1Gig nVidia card is enough for any game ( depending on spec requirements )and most of the stuff i said above.
    Going too big, is just a waste, unless you really need it.

Just my opinion.

• i think NVIDIA have the best graphic cards that you can offer,but sometime,it turn to the onboard-->F*** THIS GRAPHIC CARD TYPE,and don't think laptops can't equip good graphic card!check the alienware m18x or m14x,those ar the best gaming laptop on the world!

in game char----===>lose_again,
    miss my old ship......a titan,LOL

• i think NVIDIA have the best graphic cards that you can offer,but sometime,it turn to the onboard-->F*** THIS GRAPHIC CARD TYPE,and don't think laptops can't equip good graphic card!check the alienware m18x or m14x,those ar the best gaming laptop on the world!

Yes i quite agree with you, Alienware M18x is my Dream laptop and sports some great hardware.
    Nvidia bought out 3DFX way back late 90's early 2000, and also Voodoo as well I think?

Most game house's opt to use Nvidia for their game platforms as the architecture is more easier, Radeon i'm not sure about.

• The best gaming rig is the one I built. There isn't a game out there, that this machine can't run smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth. All for under 2k USD. Alienware needs to stand in line...

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• The best gaming rig is the one I built. There isn't a game out there, that this machine can't run smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth. All for under 2k USD. Alienware needs to stand in line...

Gunny :D LOL Dude...... Still,,, you have a fine system, only the best for our staff Sargent. Hehe

• somebody want to play the world's best game,but that guy only have a onboard,but still want to play and keep trying,so am i,i have a sony vaio c(the oldest one,now i have a alienware),and the incredible thing is i have finish call of duty black ops with only 5~12 FPS,looooolzzzzz :)).See,onboard card can use to play the top game,but still have fun,ya
    P/S:I'M NOT FROM USA OR ENGLAND SO MY ENGLISH IS A LITTLE BAD :p

• lol people who buy Alienware are sad posh individuals with small dicks (or small boobs) and blatant hardware ignorants.

people build your own PCs for fuck sakes and inform yourself first.

This is all you need: Build a PC

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• lol people who buy Alienware are sad posh individuals with small dicks (or small boobs) and blatant hardware ignorants.

people build your own PCs for fuck sakes and inform yourself first.

This is all you need: Build a PC

but i pround about my PC :D,cool system specs,very smooth when playing games

I'm ganna guess you've never had a Falcon North West laptop like the DRX which Stock has better spec's minus the GTX 460m then the M18X, which can be replaced with a GTX 580m or 2 of them :P I'd prefer them any day over an Alienware :P.

System Spec's
    Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.7GHz
    Zalman CNPS10X Performa CPU cooler w/2 120mm Fans
    ASRock 990FX Extreme 4
    4GBs G.Skill ECO CAS 7 1600MHz DDR3
    GigaByte HD4890OC 1GB
    Segate 750GB SATA HDD
    LiteOn DVD/CD Combo Burner
    Xigmetek Utgard Window Sided Case
    6 AeroCool Shark 120mm Blue Edition Case Fans
    2 AeroCool Shark 140mm Blue Edition Case Fans

• I'm ganna guess you've never had a Falcon North West laptop like the DRX which Stock has better spec's minus the GTX 460m then the M18X, which can be replaced with a GTX 580m or 2 of them :P I'd prefer them any day over an Alienware :P.

i going to shoot you by my revolver :P,i'm playing DEUS EC HR now,just like your avartar,and whatever you guys saying about my lap,i still pround about my lap,it the best laptop i ever have dude

• The point that I am making is, you can build your dream machine and it will be far better than 99% of the rigs out there, far cheaper than you can purchase a pre-built machine from a retailer. My rig on retail value is close to 4k USD, I built it for 1500 USD. You need to shop the internet for reliable vendors and good pricing.

• Seriously, my graff card has just packed up............. :(
    Must have hexed myself talking about Nvidia the other day.........lol

Weeeellllll,,,, she was 5yrs old, and i had lots of fun with her, so it had to happen.
    So i will not be playing much on Crossfire until i sort it out.
    Even with this new laptop which does not have Nvidia built in may not be good enuff for Xfire.
    Not what i want to do anyhow.

Off now to do some web surfing for a new one, i hope they are too dear.

* Fly Safe *

• equip a new one,if u don't like ALIENWARE,buy a asus g71jh,that is the great lap,or just buy a sony vaio :P

• The Intel HD Graphics 3000 series is incredible!!! It beats even the newest Nvidia graphics cards in both game performance and quality (and this is on a laptop mind you :D)! I can play all the newest games with this graphics card where as with the Nvidia cards I could not even play Crossfire on good quality!!!

• I have a Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti and I can OC it to 1066 core overclock at 1.2v which gives a very good boost in fps and performance, It maxes any current game that is out but then again.
    I only have a 17 inch monitor running at a resolution of 1280x1024 with a 75 hertz refresh rate.
    I do plan on finishing the upgrade of my PC this year though I will probably get an ivy bridge motherboard and a Intel K unlocked CPU probably an I5 and OC it lol.
    As I like to go a tad cheaper and OC, ram wise probably start with 8GB of corsair DDR3 dominator ram and I already purchased and install a new PSU when.
    I got my Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti earlier in the year and I already have a decent CPU cooler which should fit the new Z77 motherboard, I am thinking of getting.:)
    Also a decent piece of advice is when buying any graphics card is only buy one that is suitable for your monitor size and resolution as spending more money on a more expensive graphics card.
    Will only benefit you if you plan to upgrade your monitor and obviously be running at a higher resolution at a later date, I do also plan on buying another one one of my Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti graphics card and OCing both of them and running them in SLI only so.
    I can get some more FPS out of the Crysis 1 series which is a performance and hardware hog of a game but if you can max that on all the ultra high settings, I guarantee you any of the newer games currently out such as Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, Skyrim etc will max out and run just fine.;)

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.