CROSSFIRE 'n SWAT FUTURE an open letter

There are 140 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• i know you decided to almost stopp activity on the server OP, but could the dynamic news/universe be restarted so we get something else than "ASF found 2'000'000 whiskey bottles" ??? That would greatly help RP ! Having no more invasions or pirate attacks is sad...

• RP is more than an outdated message
    and no i wont change that message as it would involve alot of work on the dynamic universe.... work that requires a motivation that i dont have

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• another month almost passed by
    requested work done by the community = (except that facebook stuff) NONE
    thats cool - i consider all the promises of the past months lies meanwhile

I have done more for the future of SWAT and Crossfire today than all of you in the past 4 months... by filling the wiki with content (which is not even my job)
    just a friendly advice... dont ever ask me for help

Oh and btw. yesterday I have disbanded the SWAT staff (the removal of the members from the usergroup will be done within the next few days)
    None of the newly joined staff members nor the majority of the old ones have done anything of what would have been their job, not even the most simpliest jobs that i requested. I clearly dont need an inactive staff in the same way i dont need ppl which just join to wear a tag.
    I will run SWAT alone now since nobody else is interested in it even if that means that i have to close parts of SWAT due to the lack of time.

Regarding CFs future I will have to make a decision in 5 weeks as the server contract is running out soon. This community has not given me much reason to believe that anything is getting better.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 21 ppl is a shame, especially since this is the top number

the average is 6.38 and under such conditions i actually could close the server

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well it doesn't help that we have a couple of players who are in-game playing unfairly either. We have new players who are being massacred by players who have illegal weapons and are back to using the suicide in order to gain the advantage. So in Op's defense, why the hell should this place stay open when long time members of this server are being dishonest in their game play? Which tells me they dont care about what happens here or taking advantage of the lack of authority online.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I've never seen these massacres... So far I've only seen newbies who enjoy the mod and have a good time. Then again, I'm not online all the time... Were there complaints?

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• there were

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Haven't downloaded 1.8, as it is just too damned big (it's a mod, but near twice the size of the original game and takes too long to dl).

I know you don't care about it, and I'm not complaining - just putting a perspective.
    These may be factors in limiting the numbers of new players - especially when there are more popular mods with 1/20th the file size available. You can dl and play in 5 minutes, instead of 3 hours.

Perhaps something to bear in mind when developing. You can make what you want, but such a huge size is off-putting to newcomers.

• i agree with Shockwave, i keep seeing new players everyday...

And about not enough old players online, i know this time of year is full of exams and finals for many many players so they are forced to take a break of gaming.... 2 players of my clan are away for that reason now but will return in the summer (june). I know you're tired of waiting for ppl to act of but it may be the worst time of year for MP gaming....

And yeah many newcomers on the forum requesting help are playing SP to practice themselves before jumping on the server... I vote we act to reduce SP players and bring them online...

• the size of the mod is result of the quality and the features which have been requested by the players
    next to that more than 10.000 downloads in less than 4 months shows that size and the mod is not the problem at all

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• nah size doesn't matter like they say.... But i think AV troubles made it harder cause Hellraiser's right ppl don't bother (always never bother whatever what it's about)

We must bring SP loners to MP right away.... Is there a way with the launcher to make popup opens when someone starts SP ("Hey why not play MP instead its more fun !") ???? Or make a little mod in NY to add a MP invite in the SWAT rules that show in your face ???

• So what makes up the majority of the file size then? Sounds? Or images (textures).
    One assumes you can see how many of those actually play on the server if just one server, based on unique mp player Id's?[MSIE_newline_end ]

Edited once, last by Zoomer ().

• the update feature is not a good method of detecting how many play(ed)
    especially since its running on EVERY game start, and its not running on pure Singleplayer
    the results of such a method are pure fiction

even if 50% of the downloads fail or whatever (and that is a extremly high number especially that modern download scripts usually use an ip log to prevent double counts) then the amount is still damn high during such a short time

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I realised after posting, so I edited. However, you can do it via unique MP player ID on the server accounts (in the event that there's one server).
    This would indicate whether you've got a player retention problem would it not? You could see how many translate into MP players, and how often, or how much time, they spent playing.
    Given a time line (last log on) work out if there is a trend (ie mod releases, or exam periods for countries) and therefore deduce whether there is likely to be a resurgence...[MSIE_newline_end ]

• also not a good method to concentrate on MP accounts only since the majority of the FL players play only the singleplayer
    however since the last charwhipe 3 months ago somewhat more than 2100 accounts have been created

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sorry, was looking at all the recent posts about multi-player issues. I unwisely jumped to the conclusion that multi-player numbers and player interest in continuing playing was an issue being presently discussed.
    Evidently it isn't a concern in the slightest.[MSIE_newline_end ]

• its just one of many parts

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,