Current Server Status

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Lashan.

• Time for the bad news.
    An automatic Windows update has completely fucked up the Server. Im at work atm and could only have a short look on the problem. It appears that for some reason the chars got damaged and most of the installed server tools and the settings are gone. Even the desktop settings are gone and windows created a new one.

The good news is that the CF server version appears to be still working and i have a one week old backup of the chars. Ill try to fix as much as possible whem work is over.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well, if everything gets fixed the server, the lags, the crashes, it's still great to get our chars we had the last week ^^
    If you restore for sombody the chars from last week, then do it for all the same way :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• oh goody, so if my chars were missing a week ago, that means... ^^

• That sucks, but I'm sure we'll rebuild the chars very quickly.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Microsoft is truly it's own worst enemy. [3] Dear Lord I wish Freelancer's server client was ported to Linux.(and that M$ would quit squatting on the FL source code and release it already, they've already abandoned the game for Pete's sake!) Good fortune to recovering everything that was lost on the server OP, I know you'll need it.

• ok the server is back online again with a 1 week old backup

that automatic windows update has for some unknown reason damaged the windows user management on the server which resulted in windows creating new paths and folders to windows users (dont ask me how or why). The usermanagement is still bugged and i dont know how to fix it but i was able to bypass it so the server tools are running again. I had to re-do all settings (for gods sake I remember all those).
    The daily char backups were running right after windows did that shit and therefore the daily backup files where overwritten with empty data due to the fact that windows changed the relative user paths. The weekly char backups are the best that is left. Thats better than nothing.

Since the server is running and since bypassing the user management does work ill stop trying to fix it. Its more complicated to work on the server now but I wont risk that manual fixes cause more problems (especially since i dont understand how windows was able to do such changes without completly destroying half of the user processes).

You can play on the server again and build up the chars again, if chars are not working correctly please send a pm. Ill use the rest of the evening to reconfig the backup system and include an additional security process which prevents that backups can get overwritten in such situations.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Not sure, but the chars should be as they were one week ago... but of how my chars are atm, they look as at least 2 weeks old.
    Is this the latest update so we can continue with the chars ? :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Since last night the weekly backup did not run the chars are actually 8 days old, so about 1 week

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Indeed! :) Back-ups are nice, especially this moment. :D

Thank you for your work OP!

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

• 8 days isn't so bad. Very happy it did'nt destroy all of OP's hard work, that would have been unthinkable. Thank goodness for backups and a keen eye, Thx OP :)

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Nah...Time For the GOOD news!!!:bcool:

Server load: 44-47(65-67 was b4) and in game ping 55-57(75-77 was b4) with 0 loss and 0 fluct!!!
    8).

Is the server still up? I get ????? in the ping and 0/128 for players and i cant connect... thanks op for keeping this mod alive and online!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!