does 1.81 run on Win 7?

There are 31 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• I use air and Im fine and I assure you I push one of the highest performing systems on CF. Its all about proper case size, layout of the hardware and air flow direction.

Heat causes the density of the circuits to decrease due to expansion, therefore data and electrical current are depleted by not having a solid transfer line. Sort of taking a solid cup of ice and crushing the ice inside...conductivity is substantially decreased.

As for overclocking the CPU, you can overclock it all you want, but if your peripherals / pci / pci-e cards and rails can't handle the increased volume then you have gained nothing and created a bottleneck.

Same thing with your monitor...if your monitor cannot handle the increase in performance that your Graphics card can produce, you gain nothing at all....matter of fact, you could shorten the lifetime of your monitor regardless of what type it is.

A performance system needs to be performance from start to finish, not just one component or two.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    i use liquid in my other comp. keeps it cool unless u r overclocking your i7 to 6ghz
    i overclocked mine to 5.33GHz it still keeps cool.
    So what do u use? Liquid or N2

BULLSHIT

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• The problems I have are most likely caused by some kind of conflict or incompatibility. No matter what I change the problem persists.
    I`ve set all the details to minimum or of and there still are problems. I believe it is obvious that a driver or something similar is causing this and it could be that even with

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    a low res version of it

things will not change.

Visit my blog @ travelwithtesla.com

• I know thats why i overclocked every component i could think of.
    I dont use this pc for gaming and my monitor is my TV.
    Is it possible to change the gpu of an LCD TV?

meh.

Originally posted by Hellraiser

Why did u say BULlSHIT?
    u dont think 5.33 ghz is not possible on an i7 975 extreme edition?

Oh its quite possible and has been done, but the amount of cooling that was used was far beyond any capacity any of us have available.

Matter of fact, to achieve that sort of overclocking, you would have to push your voltage limits beyond 2.10v, maintain cooling at about -10c and your rails on your motherboard need to be able to handle 2.10v plus for the CPU.

So you would not only need nitrogen cooling just to achieve this goal, you would also need nitro cooling on your motherboard OR spend about 500 USD on a motherboard that can push close to 12v on its rails, not to mention atleast 600watts of power for this very purpose.

My math may be a little off, but Im willing to bet Im within 5% accuracy.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I`ve tried old and new drivers and there is no change.

It surely has to do something with the gravimetrical effects stuff (O'Neill managed to pull it off so, I`ll see what I can do)

Visit my blog @ travelwithtesla.com

• I run CF on Win7 64 bit with an I7 and 8800 GTS 320 mb video card. Couldn't start the damn game until someone came up with the brilliant idea to disable the advanced shaders in CF setup. Suddenly no probs anymore. Have you tried that setting?