does 1.81 run on Win 7?

There are 31 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• I had alot of trouble getting CF to work in Vista. I have since received my free upgrade to Win 7. Has anyone tried it yet? Thanks

• Yes, Crossfire works on Windows 7 .. I am with Win. 7 and I am perfect. If it still can't run to you,.. just Run it Under Windows XP(Compatibility Mode)

• Windows 7 is performing great for CF

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Hi there

Nice to see that people with Windows 7 are not having problems with Cf.

I have W 7 and it does not work properly for me. I installed Cf today and everything went fine. The problem is that when I play the game and explore asteroid fields with nebulae it runs really sluggish. It goes so sluggish that you have to wait for the cursor to move.

I have a relatively good pc: I can play Mass Effect, Half- Life Unreal 4 etc. The WEI scored it 4.5 The only issue I know about is that when I first entered Freelancer Cf it warned me that it could not identify the graphics card. But this is not something new, 1.7 worked fine without recognizing it.

Is it possible that I can not play the game with full graphics on this machine? It would be weird, I think. If anyone has some clue to what might be the problem pls tell me.

Pc configuration:

Intel Pentium 4 631, 4000 MHz (15 x 267)
    Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G
    2048 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP (RV635)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Driver Date: 11-Dec-09
    Driver Version: 8.690.0.0
    Driver Provider: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Memory Size: 512 MB

Visit my blog @ travelwithtesla.com

• Windows 7 should not be the problem. The mod was developed under that OS. It is more likly that your graphic card has a problem with the detailed textures.
    You could try to change the details on the FL options.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Problem is that ATI card...and Im not being funny. Try using the ATI overclocking utility to tweak your setting slightly and that should help.

Also you should download Game Booster, matter of fact, all of you should.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

This will shut down any resources not needed on your PC for gameplay and you can customize it too.

G

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• It works acceptable with half the in game details and Game Boster. This program really is something.

As for overclocking, my Pc is overclocked from BIOS, every major component.
    I`ll reinstall Cf and select lower details. Thx

• Hey G ! That's good info ! :D I always done that manually, even it worked great, I'll check that link hehe

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• extros

Even with overclocking from Bios, with the PC specs you have posted, you can't push the performance to the level needed for 1.8. I would suggest reinstalling using the "Legacy" mode option.

Also overclocking the bios does not ramp up the video card as effectively as using the ATI catalyst system or Nvidia tools ( for Nvidia users). RivaTuner is the best and most effective all around for the graphics cards with fail-safes built in.

Do you have any of your voltages increased to compensate for the up-lift in power consumption?

• No actually it doesn't up until this past year of 2009.

• Most were not and usually ran on 1.5v or a higher end used 1.8v

Now most moderate to MB's run on 1.8v standard and can adjust to 2.2v to 3.5v. However just because the MB can do this doesn't mean that the hardware being attached will allow the MB to raise the voltage automatically in the firmware or software, without the user doing it manually and agreeing to the TOS first.

• G thx for the info and dl. Is the program going to have issues with an ssd ? I use a vertex 120. The defrag games component gives me some concern.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• also...
    be careful if you are increasing the voltages manually.
    Check what voltages are recommended for your overclocks.
    Heat can also degrade performance(dunno how but it does).
    Buy a better cooling system.
    Liquid is recommended.
    Don't use nitrogen.
    To expensive and a waste of time u are gonna have to buy liquid nitro every 2 monts(atleast ..thats what my friends told me).
    Best Of Luck :)

meh.

Originally posted by Gunny
    extros

Even with overclocking from Bios, with the PC specs you have posted, you can't push the performance to the level needed for 1.8.

I`m surprised to hear that. In this case the mod deserves more credit than I thought.

As for the Legacy, I was thinking to do that, and I will, but first I must see if there is any difference if I run the game in some compatibility modes. I have the fatal memory error problem with Arx Fatalis, if anyone is familiarised with this game, and the Windows 95 compatibility mode solved some problems similar to those of Freelancer (the fatal memory error remained).

Do you have any of your voltages increased to compensate for the up-lift in power consumption?

Yes, everything there is tuned correctly. My brother, working at Quantic Lab, a game testing facility, modified the specifications 2 years ago and it has been like that since. Except for some Bsod`s there are no big problems...
    I`ll check the Catalyst.

Originally posted by Hellraiser

Buy a better cooling system.Liquid is recommended.
    Don't use nitrogen.

I have one, though it has nothing to do with such sophisticated tech