Operation "Crossfire expanded "

There are 68 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Zeroth.

• try fighting a group of corsairs in a lennagoire(did i spell it right?)in a VHF like titan
    their movements are not smooth and grace full...arther like going down a stair case.

and we need more MP players
    therefore this thread was started
    the max no of players i saw was 19/128
    and thats sad for a mod like CF

meh.

• ... more like an electrocuted amöbia in a whiskey tumbler.

The number I saw about 7 min. ago was just [SIZE=3]7[/SIZE] .
    [SIZE=1]You see, in a way I've made up my mind.)[/SIZE]

EDIT: IMPRESSION THE NEXT DAY [SIZE=1](plz look at the time of edit)[/SIZE]

yesterdays counts [SIZE=1](looked up upon new logon after crashingS)[/SIZE], a personal selection between about 10.00 am and 12 pm

Crossfire between 15 to 25 players

HamburgServer between 50 to 70 players (maybe for some local reasons)

DISCO between 150 to 199/200 [SIZE=3]? ? ?[/SIZE]

Has there, at some point, been any kind of a deeper investigation WHY all this people flock to the Disco-server ? Beside a, mildly spoken "vibrant" [SIZE=1]if not agressive[/SIZE] advertising and promoting ?
    Something like going to their and other FL forums and plainly ask "Why do you prefer Discovery-mod before other mods ?"

I ask this here before I might get me with some eventually stupid and premature activity into any kind of mine-field.

I know that after such a question you will get tons of crap like: "...simply the best...all others are S..T...no need to test something else..." and so on
    but eventually the one or other: "...like the background story more...cooler ships...like more playing with CapShips...better roleplay than others..." or even something like "...didn't know there are other mods..."

I also know, that whatever will be said about the game-content, it will have NO IMPACT AT ALL on the further development of Crossfire, that hopefully will take place. And that is also HOW IT SHOULD BE AND STAY !

But it might give us an insight, why there are so many people on Disco and give us some more means to counter it, than one rally-up-call after the other.
    [SIZE=1]Which I started to follow, and not only for the sake and keeping up of Crossfire.[/SIZE] :))

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• well that's why i'm asking myself too... why Disco so much ? it doesn't have key feature as CF ... i mean they have few things more based on BS play or capships play. As the proposal for some "investigation" on the Disco forum , it is a good idea , later i will analyze every part of the Disco forum (i have an account out there) and i will try to find out why and then post it here , in the mean time it will be great for other ppl to search about this matter ;) !

• ok so i looked into the Disco forum trying to see why ppls are attracted by this mod so much . As far as i can tell the Disco mod tries to keep up the Vanilla Freelancer and enhance him without disturbing the original feel ... so we all know this as Crossfire does the same even more than "enhanced ". Igiss , the mod creator is the fairest guy from the entire community :D... because he was the only one admiting that CF has a more complex structure and its way better than Disco from every point . The only logical reason is that , Disco its less bigger than CF , half of CF size i can say even more , more people from Disco are ... newbies (i try not to insult other communities but thats the true ) , they indeed have a bigger community ( i mean when i look into the Forum they were aprox 66 ppl online , so imagine it ) but still they are newbies who prefer to install quick and connect quick . And i think Disco has a bigger image on many other sites or freelancer communities... so we need to make more advertising on the mod (banners , videos etc )... we will discuss about it later... i will be back in a few hours...

Originally posted by SYNKron
    ok so i looked into the Disco forum trying to see why ppls are attracted by this mod so much . As far as i can tell the Disco mod tries to keep up the Vanilla Freelancer and enhance him without disturbing the original feel ... so we all know this as Crossfire does the same even more than "enhanced ". Igiss , the mod creator is the fairest guy from the entire community :D... because he was the only one admiting that CF has a more complex structure and its way better than Disco from every point . The only logical reason is that , Disco its less bigger than CF , half of CF size i can say even more , more people from Disco are ... [SIZE=4]newbies[/SIZE] (i try not to insult other communities but thats the true ) , they indeed have a bigger community ( i mean when i look into the Forum they were aprox 66 ppl online , so imagine it ) but still they are [SIZE=4]newbies[/SIZE] who prefer to install quick and connect quick . And i think Disco has a bigger image on many other sites or freelancer communities... so we need to make more advertising on the mod (banners , videos etc )... we will discuss about it later... i will be back in a few hours...

[SIZE=4]newbies[/SIZE]

keyword ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• there was no private meeting
    there was a public one announced on this forum and held on the official SWAT channel

however... reason for discoveries success is the very successful and aggressive advertisement and the fact that big server attract even more players
    actually this community can do something to change the situation... but just talking about it is not the way to go

another reason for the success of discovery is the amount of ppl which contribute to the community... but that is purely your own decision

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• indeed , but that's what i saw on their forums... they were so "addicted" to the mod... perhaps "easy to-use " ... or i donno... well ill try to make in a few days a video regarding gameplay and other things when it will be done i will send it to you OP . Btw , no private meeting though ( by "i will come back in a few hour " ~ i will come maybe with more info ) .

I'm still on with the idea to convince more of the hundreds of SP players to join the online server . And i will talk to some friends from the clan , to create some interesting advertising banners etc. Another thing ... whats about the Star-port site ? i see its simillar with Lancer's reactor . Imo we should start posting there (Lancer's Reactor and other simillar sites) our advertising and other stuff to promote CF very much , ofc when all the things are done ! :)

• Nah, buy me Ragnarok online and i`m coming :D

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

Originally posted by SYNKron
    .....I'm still on with the idea to convince more of the hundreds of SP players to join the online server . .....

Then tell them, why it's better for their kind of gaming (mainly freelancing) to play on the server - beside having others around to ev. ask about some
    "spoiler info", improved roleplay, what they don't seem so interested in [SIZE=1](otherwise they would atready be on the server)[/SIZE] .

That there is something to gain for them, despite the inconvenience of the rather lenghty installation procedure.

...who prefer to install quick and connect quick . ...

where "connect" could eventually be replaced by "play".

Many people have several FL-mods installed on their PC. And from time to time they switch by deactivating the one mod in FLMM easily and activating another
    mod in FLMM as easy. And that's NOT possible with CF other than go trouhgh the whole deinstal-reinstal-deinstal-reinstal procedure for about 1 1/2 hours.

After you've done this once, you think twice, if it's worth the effort before doing it again - especially, if there is a wide array of other mods you can choose from.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Yes, CF is worth the effort.
    it dosent seem like this in the start but but the real game starts only once u get to a high enough level with a good enough ship. Then all the other mods the INCLUDING Discovery Mod seem worthless

meh.

Then tell them, why it's better for their kind of gaming (mainly freelancing) to play on the server - beside having others around to ev. ask about some "spoiler info", improved roleplay, what they don't seem so interested in (otherwise they would atready be on the server) . That there is something to gain for them, despite the inconvenience of the rather lenghty installation procedure.

first is the competition . You can do the quest from SP too , but you can do it with a friend and it should be more fun than do it ALONE . And about the length of the installation , you install it just ONCE and you can play it both SP and MP.

And about the ping.. well that's their problem... they should manage their internet activity wisely, after all... do you think that Disco has the amount of players because of the ping ? A guy from China if he tries to connect do you think the ping will be the same ? So how OP said before , "agressive advertising" thats why ...

• there's lot's of vets in Disco who knowing other servers stay there.

why.

my opinion was always that the RP model and the hard economy that is has were part of this subject. Also, there is on clean reps there where ever you are you risk to be atacked and killed by an NPC.

This may not look to much but the true is that you won't fall asleep AFK in the space there.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• @ Hellraiser

Yes, CF is worth the effort. it dosent seem like this in the start but but the real game starts only once u get to a high enough level with a good enough ship.

"PR-language", might be good for the start on an advertisment somewhere else or on a "sticky"-thread

Then all the other mods the INCLUDING Discovery Mod seem worthless

The kind of "advertising" DISCO-people do. Should it be the way for CF ?

@ SYNKron

And about the length of the installation , you install it just ONCE and you can play it both SP and MP.

I referred not to change between SP and MP, which is strickingly easy, but to "mod-hopping":

playing perhaps abit on the server, than changing to BigDaddy for some additional sparring before returning to the next event.
    Taking a "holiday" and visit some of the partialy weird system layout in FrontierSpace
    Or preparing yourself for the next long cinema-StarWars-night with some rounds on XWA-OuterRim.
    Or...
    Or...

This kind of mod-hopping, easily done over FLMM (even though it might sucks in otherways, as stated elswhere by OP)

EDIT:

PR-language: PUBLIC RELATIONS

or the ability of a politician to talk you into buying him;that he will hold the climatic change, let you have your monster-truck AND will secure the savings of your grandma

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• their RP is very attractive and fun . Indeed they have a strong economy , i think CF needs time to "empower himself" but first we need to promote the mod imo... by any means .

"Once installed you will never want to go back ! " heh...

Many ppl quit because of several crashes or other simillar stuff . These reasons are stupid and noobish , because you can ctrl+alt+del to end the process and simply go on again (all the "huge" operation takes less then 30 seconds) .

Another thing maybe we should enhance the RP ? I don't want to "modify" any rules created by OP but ... just think about it . Btw Disco community spyes in a way CF , i remember a thread on their forum about "implementing some features from us to them and Disco will be the ultimate mod" but hehe Igiss (the mod creator) he didn't even want to hear about this stupid community request .

Disco is addictive as CF , telling you from my own experience ( spent almost the entire holiday free time playing Disco with some friends ) . But the time for Disco has come ... and if we don't do anything we will go in the shadow again and again and again......

• They have a cleaner/much easier to use and navigate forum

The mod (Disco) installs easier

CF 1.7 was a pain in the ass to install/re install. People remember

It is difficult to even get to/find the mod among all the SWAT info

Smaller download (as said)

SWAT site comes up on McAfee Site Advisor as containing spyware

I don't play Disco, but I have considered it and to me these are it's advantages. Just some things I see.

• Now [SIZE=3]THATS[/SIZE] a really bad one. OP would it be possible for you, as the one who owns this site to clear this with McAfee, that the SWAT-portal comes down of this list ?

I know, that a redesign of the portal is on its way, though I don't know, if you're doing it alone or if you have put someone in charge of it. Due to this point :
    perhaps there coud be kind of a especially highlightened section on the portal-site, directly leading to the download, the server-site and kind of a "info"-section about Crossfire.

From it looks, SWAT is meant to be home for several mods of also several games (not only FL), but Crossfire is its flaggship.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• A lot of others do.

Perhaps ppl from other srever-sites, who shout it out loudly on FL-community-sites - or general modding and gaming-sites.

What about a statement on mobd or starport or elsewhere like this:
    "Have you heard ? The server of Crossfire tries to infect your PC."
    Or a review by a gaming magazine:
    "Good game but its server is said to be infected/ive to your PC"

kinda reputation

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !