Operation "Crossfire expanded "

There are 68 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Zeroth.

• anyone that would post something like that must be a complete moron; the people that take it seriously are ignorants on top of that

my registration date: June 2003

DAMN looks like my PC has been infected for the last 7 years

McAfee is like the 'Die Linke' party in Germany -> retarded and incompetent

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Such "infected" messages are often the result of heuristic scanning of AV programs, false positives...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• @ Spikey

McAfee is like the 'Die Linke' party in Germany -> retarded and incompetent

But there are al least tens of thousands using their stuff and listen to them (McAfee)

and millions voted for them ("Die Linke")

Wish their would have been 1/10 of a percent of their votes for Crossfire on modb.

@ Shockwave

Such "infected" messages are often the result of heuristic scanning of AV programs, false positives..

But does the "press button-play, if no play ask a mechanik or BIN it" type know that ?
    At the look on many game review i.e. on amazon, there are a lot out there.

All I want is to help to find out, why of actually 21802 dls of CF 1.7 and 3840 dls of CF 1.81 there a only so few around here, less on the server.

If you know, tell !

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Well, they don't. However, if a person knows what a game mod even is, it is assumed they have moderate knowledge about computers, sufficient to know that not all warnings are viruses/trojans.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• i said this before and i say it again... ppl are quiting because of stupid reasons , like this one. So we should make a new image to Crossfire , even by spamming all over the internet with it (kiddin' :D ) .

I hate it when dumb people prefer the "easy way" . But as the easy the way is ... same the quality. Imo Disco doesn't deserve such big adverts... sometimes it's not what it seems to be.

Still working on that promoting video... Now don't take it serios when i say "promoting" . It will not be somethinh official.. just player view of the game.. but i hope it will be very interesting and attract more people to our community.

Off-topic : A good program wich i can make a good clip ?

• yeah - ppl are stupid
    especially if they listen to mcaffee

ive scanned our site with their site advisor with the result that SWAT long time ago had a link to a download on another FL community (haven admins) which contained a file that was reported to be a possible trojan (while mcaffee did not even notice what this so called trojan actually did).

Next to that SWAT contains links to other FL communities which are also flagged as "dangerous" because they also contain links to that file.
    The Crossfire mod btw. got an OK from McAffee.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• so now we have to make the mod Norton friendly
    because is is MUCH more popular than McAfee and more effective too.
    i got infected to the point of no return atleast 2 times when i was using Mcafee but not even once using Norton and now i go to sites which are pretty dangerous

meh.

• Damn - all I was saying is these are some reasons people might have for going elsewhere. I didn't say it was Gospel. A smarter approach would be to remedy the problem instead of "McAfee sux" or some other intelligent response. McAfee wasn't the only issue I listed, either.

• I'd recommend using Avast AV, it makes no problem with the mod... or nearly as I heard somebody did had one :D Anyways, you can also 'find' the professional version of the AV. It works great...

Any other issues that could be made posteriorly after the install, will be solved with a fresh reinstall.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Once Ive found a better way of protecting files i will implement it and it might fix all AV probs... but right now i dont know how to do that

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• the video that i made its been posted on youtube ... now waiting to be fully processed (now its poor quality )

• gameplay. some sort of promoting video but just a player preview ;)

EDIT : The video has been succesfully processed . Rate it , comment , love it :D . It's the first video , it's a little start to promote the mod .

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44A3k1Jpgbk

I may ask to you forum , to spread it to several "sites" or friends etc.. Thx for watching . Hope you like it ! :))

• THUMBS UP, GREAT STUFF
    That's ACTION

and action for Crossfire !

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Nice video ! Even orange Hud is sick hihi, I see myself in that video at Evolve part ^^

I even posted and rated ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Also use videos from the inner core... and the Red/Blue HUD lookos very special :D

I've also seen you have probs after changing the resolution for widescreen, you didn't setted up the fonts, check this threaqd here to fix that ^^
    http://www.swat-portal.com/php…70846ac8fdb67728d919ac4aa

And so, the next video will show greater and better than the first, always improving ^^