RankDiff.ini

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• After some times searching by hand and using the search engine I didn't found anything related to the RankDiff.ini in the missions folder.

Most likely they have something to do with leveling up during the game (that's what I would think already just by its name).

Is anybody able to explain, what it's really for and how it works and can be worked on ?

:) Thanks already in advance :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• difficulty scale for mission offers

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• [SIZE=3]AHA [/SIZE] ....

And how do they work?

[RankDiffDB]
    rank_diff = Base_0_Rank, 0.082100
    rank_diff = FreeTime_01_02, 0.112387
    rank_diff = FreeTime_02_03, 0.205129
    rank_diff = FreeTime_03_04, 0.351002
    rank_diff = FreeTime_04_05, 0.480486
    rank_diff = FreeTime_05_06, 0.657737
    rank_diff = FreeTime_07_08, 0.900376
    rank_diff = FreeTime_08_09, 1.232525
    rank_diff = Mission_End, 38.983860

These are quite odd numbers and I assume they may be kind of a multiplicator. .....But what is the base, that gets changed with them ?

Is it money ? Then, what's the base ammount ?

Is it reputation ?

And (of course) where does it apply ? In SP, OSP or MP ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• i prefer not to answer as you very likely intent to apply changes on my mod which i will not support in any way

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yes, even with the anticheat lately loaded and autopatched, it will just get you to problems.

The only thing you can mod eaely to make your SP easyer, if you're not though enough to make it without changes, are your own savefiles, for the save file folder, and they only affect your SinglePlayer because all the save files you see are only from SP heh

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    i prefer not to answer as you very likely intent to apply changes on my mod which i will not support in any way

It is not my intention to mod your mod, especially [SIZE=3]NOT[/SIZE] for the public.
    [SIZE=1](And still I think it is my right to do on MY PC whatever I want to with programs that ARE open to the public. And as long as I don't give anybodyelse access to what I do, there is no violation of anybody elses legal or ideal rights.)[/SIZE]
    I just wanna LEARN something with the goal of becomming at some point in the future able enough to really contribute to a modding team or even do some OWN stuff.

Originally posted by Michael
    ...The only thing you can mod eaely to make your SP easyer, if you're not though enough to make it without changes, are your own savefiles, for the save file folder, and they only affect your SinglePlayer because all the save files you see are only from SP heh

Quite the opposite!
    I don't want to make anything easier, I look for a way to make things HARDER in a sense that you have to work more, until you can proceed in the story,

not in a sense as it has been done i.e. in "BigDaddys mod", where just the lengh of a single fight seems to be endless due to the kind of equipment thats accesseble to you,

not in a sense that the npcs are just unbeatable due to inhuman-ai-flying-abilities, loadouts and numbers that are given to them.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Originally posted by NucNuc
    [SIZE=1](And still I think it is my right to do on MY PC whatever I want to with programs that ARE open to the public. And as long as I don't give anybodyelse access to what I do, there is no violation of anybody elses legal or ideal rights.)[/SIZE]

Well, that way you could better use a private way, chat, PMs with OP about it. Because any positive answer to you on that topic is giving anybody else access to what you (can) do.

You can always change each type of thing, and see what it dos, exploring the code by yourself ^^ It's how I started, making my own system arround 4 yrs ago. ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well, I think one reason for forums at all is, that if you start getting into anything, you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• that might be true
    but I released MY mod under the condition that it is played as it is and does not get edited by anymore

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Then, perhaps, I might get an answer to a GENERAL Freelancer question somewhere else.

Thx anyway

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Well, for your knowledge, a general FL site's answer wouldn't work on this mod, as the coding itself is quite different... that's why the char wipe from 1.7 to 1.8 ^^

Originally posted by Michael
    Well, for your knowledge, a general FL site's answer wouldn't work on this mod, as the coding itself is quite different... that's why the char wipe from 1.7 to 1.8 ^^

That's fine with me.

All I ask for is some help/advice in how maybe other mods in general BUT the ORIGINAL in special works and can get changed/modded.

And if you say, that Crossfire is so far advanced and developed away from the original, that what you CAN advice would not work - OK !
    I already got the messages: [SIZE=3]DON'T TOUCH CROSSFIRE ![/SIZE] . Especially not, when I'm in danger getting tarred and fetherd, if I do so.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• thats an interesting imagination

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,