X-3043 Waypoint bug problem.

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• There seems to be a huge waypoint problem in X-3043. I have tested this thoroughly so I know it has to be something to do with a bug. Every time me, or my friend Falcon (You may know him from a few years ago, he's back ingame again.), sets a waypoint from X-3043 to another system it causes my internet to crash for a short time, yet the waypoints work fine if its set somewhere in X-3043 itself.

I have tested this with 2 of my characters, as well as my friends laptop which is connected to my internet. No matter where I try and set a waypoint it causes my internet to crash. I tested setting a waypoint in Custodian, New York, and Nephele and it worked fine with both characters, and Falcons character.

My internet is stable and works fine most of the time, but always crashes when this waypoint thing is set in X-3043. Also if a waypoint is set from another system, but it goes through X-3043, once I get to X-3043, it still causes my net to crash.

P.S. It doesnt seem to cause the server to crash, just my internet connection.

If you need more info, just ask.

• sorry, but i do not understand. by "my internet crashes" you mean that "the whole thing" (i.e: you can't acces any webpage, your IM services stop running, etc) OR do you mean that you lost your conection to the server?
    Sorry for my bad english and for bother you with this kinda-silly question :)

• Its fine m8. Yeah my entire internet connection stops working for about a full minute or so. I cant access the internet, or anything. After about a minute my internet starts working again without any problems. And it seems to only have that problem in X-3043, all other systems works perfectly.

• wow, that's weird... the easiest solution is not making Waypoints for a while... at least until OP has more time. As the bug may not be within CF.... as CF can't access or do anything to your full internet connection. THat must be something local...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• stops i-net?
    thats weird
    actually the waypoint calculation got fixed in 1.8
    but the server currently is running 1.7 files without this fix... i am not sure which results might come up
    but you should test his is singleplayer now and see if its working and once the server software is back to 1.8 files ill do some tests with the fixed files

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• online?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Kalisie has right.
    Server crash 3 times in a row when i try to set way point from Regalis to X.Only few players online at this moment so i can be sure 99% that this action cause server to crash every time.
    I set way point in X, three times and in the split of the second server crash every time!

• Yes you are correct .. and same thing happend when i asked you to change ships ... but as you know , when i tested it only a few minutes later doing the same as you .. from the same system Regalis ..... nothing happened everything worked fine .. same with X-3043 did a 2 hr grid search using waypoints and all worked fine .

• re-activated the 1.8 path fix
    now it should b working correctly

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thx Op

Yes Ghostman, only difference is in a period of crash after set of way point.

Example:

Regailis-Large transport-way point in X server crash immediately 3 times

Neophobus Large Transport-way point in X server crash

Custodian-Large Transport way point in X server crash

Custodian-SHROUD-way point in X red lag 10-15sec, then server crash.
    Of course i stop with testing, cos ppl want to play.

Anyway i will DL CF 1.8 again and i will install all things again, just to be sure.