Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Well, it isn't a bug, nor a crash, but a simple case of inability to start the game ^^

Followed the download instructionst, installed first freelancer, then flmm, then crossfire. All seemed to work well, and crossfire is succesfuly enabled in flmm. Still, it doesn't work. The launcher downloaded its updates properly, but when I click on either single player or multiplayer nothing happens. The launcher closes and that's it.

Only change I've made to vanilla freelancer is tampering with it so that it works on my screen resolution, which is 1920x1080. But it worked fine before cf, and I can't see this interfering.
    Maybe it's a Windows 7 issue? Or I've done something wrong, or haven't done something else?

''Space. It seems to go on and on forever. Then you get to the end, and a monkey starts throwing barrels at you.'' - Phillip Fry, Futurama

• in win 7 its possible not to see intro, u dont hear anything after the launcher closes? if u hear something and have a black screen just press esc (3 times)...

Keep on rockin'...!!;)

• disable the visual designs and u see the intro

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Nope, not even a black screen, it's as if I've pressed the exit button instead of the play button ... I'll try to reinstall the whole thing altogether and see what happens.

''Space. It seems to go on and on forever. Then you get to the end, and a monkey starts throwing barrels at you.'' - Phillip Fry, Futurama

• Docking probs

After server crash CFWD.exe appear.OK nothing new>But this time i must restart PC 3 times. Location Freeport 9 omi-Tetha.This station act totally strange and weird) this remind me at reports with stuck.And yes my ship was stuck there.

First i wasn't able to dock, later i undock in nearby red dwarf- yes from station to sun (about 8.3 from Freeport) :S
    Finally i leave the station toward Omi Alpha and game and my ship command come back to normal, but now i can not dock at station, and at ring at planet Malta.However-mooring fixture working.

Few stations act strange in the same way, like problem with docking (in general docking at stations in 1.7 was better for me)

• The bugs are not in the stations, as you're not first to dock them, like Malta or FP.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• *edit* nevermind, found a solution meanwhile

• thats absolutly no problem... i can give you the name of the jerk which has blown up that station at the time you experienced these problems
    the station actually works fine

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Just a tiny thing I noticed - Hope Station and planet Prophecy infocards in Tarsus system don't display ship and commodity infos after you've docked them. Is that just in my case or is this something you've perhaps forgotten?

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• perhaps

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Um, you did some update, right? My launcher downloaded some files, and now it says this on loading screen of CF (after the intro movies):

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• an encryption error... got fixed

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    thats absolutly no problem... i can give you the name of the jerk which has blown up that station at the time you experienced these problems
    the station actually works fine

Theta and Alpha .... interessting :D:D:D:D

• EDIT: Oops... I intended this for the "Feedback" thread:

OP, you crack me up sometimes! I never know when to expect the little surprises, and they often come at the perfect moment.

I was looking for a smiley and stumbled upon your 404 page.... that has to be the funniest error page that I have ever seen! It is worthwhile typing in a bad address just to see it!

It would be difficult to list all of the great things in CF, but a couple stand out:

- Hyperspace was both creepy and enticing. I felt physically uncomfortable in there. It was a weird experience, but awesome.

- I made it to Altair in my Dagger with DIFFICULTY_SCALE = 2.00, and I thought that a pair of Dom Kavash Gunboats was as tough as it was going to get. I was pleasantly ... um ... "surprised" by the Inner Core. "Astonished" might be a better word. I won't spoil it for anyone but, wow! Incredible!

PS: The Dagger's average life expectancy in the Inner Core was just a few minutes. :)

- I see that you have been thinking about "release" of CF and announcing it to the world. I do not know how many people will respond to that, but some of the key influencers (you know, senior players on other boards) may try it very quickly. In my experience, there are still a number of "rough spots" in CF 1.8. Given your resources it is amazingly stable for a mod of this size, but some people will run into problems. Crossfire is excellent "beta quality" right now, but you might want to consider holding the release until it is really solid. It's just a thought, and I see that you have said similar things in the past, so maybe you are already on top of this.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• ehm, another problem with me going on rampage ...

after destroying whole X-3043 today (around 23.00 CET), every person who has docked on station in X and then tried to undock got immortal (yeah, you cant kill the person).

the problem is gone when the person relogs, but then if the person gets desroyed and tries to undock, its immortal again.
    and we all undocked in the sun in X

sorry for troubles :(

• wow, interesting, because the last time the CF planet's docking ring in X system was destroyed, I docked out normally, but couldn't dock back. Maybe it's something from the latest updates...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Originally posted by Michael
    wow, interesting, because the last time the CF planet's docking ring in X system was destroyed, I docked out normally, but couldn't dock back. Maybe it's something from the latest updates...

ehm, maybe you couldnt dock cuz the station got destroyed ??? :D:D