Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I havent been following the development of CF 1.8 for a while and now that i came here i see the CF 1.8 is finished and running (correct?).

So if someone would be so kind to tell this old pirate and his mates what is needed to play and instal CF 1.8 cause we would like to spread terror once again in this beutiful mod.

And i was also wandering if CF is still as active as it was 2-3 years ago (quantity of people playing), how many people are online at nights or weekends?

Tnx in advance.

Arrrrg! [8]

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Cpt.Gonzo [/SIZE] [/SIZE]

"Buy the ticket, take the ride!"

• well the highest amount of players online were 49 on sunday evening... now the average is pretty much ~20+ people in the evenings... but due to some crashes (as this is still a beta) some people obviously get pissed off and stop playing lol

after a few weeks and if all is fixed I am pretty sure that we will be #3 on most played servers (I expect more ~40+ as average)

and keep in mind that quite A LOT of people that have waited for 1.8 did not come back yet... ;) WB

and to play CF you don't need much really... proper install ... if u got a crappy PC just deactivate all the new effects and it should be running

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• 1. Install Freelancer - clean installation, delete/uninstall all mods and save games, delete/remove all files related to FL, FLMM and FL ID or FLID-(note ur IDs somewhere)
    2. Download and Install FLMM 1.31(use 1.31 ver. only^^)
    3. Download, install, and activate(use FLMM 1.31 for activation) CF 1.8
    4. Play

Important^

Switch off ur AV protection during download and installation, and switch off all urs background progs!

Also if some probs occur, u can take a look at these links: use search option and type "Crossfire 1.8" like phrase or part of the word.

I wish you luck^^

Edit:
    sad videh da smo komsije, ako ti treba sta, a neces preko foruma, mozes preko PM^^

• OP, is the setup available in Downloads section the FINAL release? I see you released 3 updates so far, but no new download. That makes it the final release (since upcoming changes can be updated). Why don't you upload it on ModDB?!

• So, the uploaded setup.exe is not going to be deleted (and uploaded the new one). All upcoming changes are going to be via Launcher updater, right? So, I say again : shouldn't you upload the setup.exe on ModDB as well? Or you want to wait until you finish all server-related bugs so the server won't be overpopulated and crash even more often :P .

• OP , can you add a user command for char credits transfer ? because when you need it urgently on another char , you can't afford to wait another player to help you transfer it .

• this is online play
    get familar to play and work with others

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Actually, OP, there is such command in Discovery.

How about my post? It is just before Darknezz94's post regarding the transfer command. It is not the first time I say that, though... Hopefully you'll consider it this time.

Btw, CF 1.8 rocks! It's just awesome! Sooooo many visual effects! I love it! When a Nomad ship blows up, it damages me even at 100m lol :P .

• @ Gonzo

Duuuude!!!! WB. Strap on yer pegleg and get in space. SMG is still active so you know SZ will have some extra guns when needed ;)

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Burro my matey!!

Good to see someone still remembers us :)

Thanks for the offered help, im sure it will be needed with all the cops around.

Iceman and me are coming back in a few days, Ice has already instaled 1.8 today, and will be helping me install it this weekend.

Cant wait to cruise the known and unknow systems again.

Is the old gang still active?

Sax, a few guys and one Portugese lady found Ice and me on facebook, it was good to connect personalities with faces finaly.

So what is happening these days?

Heard server is crashing often, im sure OP will fix it.

Sorry for oftopic people

[678]

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Cpt.Gonzo [/SIZE] [/SIZE]

"Buy the ticket, take the ride!"

• many ppl returning these days
    SZ, R39, PiA and GAY

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If the crashing problem is solved, I'm sure Crossfire will become a very popular server. Especially for people who do not like the pretty dull and vanilla-like experience on HHC or the stuck-up mentality of Discovery.

@Admin: Great job!

• That's exactly what I wanted to say. Now I gaved it a little more thinking and I realised. Uploading the mod on ModDB will increase the popularity of the server, and it will be 128/128 all the time. I doubt you'll want to wait up to 200 minutes to join :P . Unless, of course, OP makes it /200 :P .

• right now i prefer it not to be 200 players
    when the fixing is done... yes but not now

and yes one of the GAY clan members wanted to return

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Actually, I think Spiky wasn't serious. GAY clan... GAY clan... well, the clan is gay? Spiky, is that what you meant?! Or you were seriously (omg) about that player? :P lol

• spiky is not joking
    thats how the clan was called

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,