Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Patch 3? You mean patch number three for Crossfire 1.8? Where the hell is it? I have the mod installed from 05.01.2010 and I didn't find it uploaded again later from that day on, NOR patches >.< .

• the patch automatically download and install when you connect. There's nothing for you to do.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• It won't get fixed with 'hope' you can be usseful finding possible reasons of it on the server... :) Even hope helps ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• So, since my question still hasn't been answered, I'll assume there's no need to download the mod again (I doubt it has been re-uploaded since 5th).

Why the hell does it crash so often? It's freaking impossible even to jump to the next system and loot a wreck! I hear it's because people don't restart their Freelancers after server crash. OP, you've implemented a lot of anti-cheats; you could have implemented some warning too "Please exit and enter the game again" or something like that >.< .

• lol dude if you would actually READ a few posts on this forum you would know that patches are uploaded on the launcher and it downloads them automatically ... and if Op would know why the crashes occur so often he would have fixed it by now

besides restarting the launcher is not necessary at this time

...where do I find the FAIL smiley??

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Lol, you got me on that one.

On the launcher it says DO NOT USE THE RELEASE FROM 5th JANUARY (the one we all have, since it's the only one roflfoflmofl). What the heal?

• ........... man how do you survive with all this fail Oo

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• hmm i can see that more ppl don't understand that the reason of crashing is because of some noobs having problem with their understanding ... lol guys its so hard to download the latest available version of Cf 1.8 and wait to be patched up with almost 150 files or more ?? that hard ? cmon .... in this way we wont gonna beat Discovery .

PS : Op its possible to make a 200 player support server ?

• its possible - yes

@Radu4Moto
    2 Warnings got issued to you for spamming the forum with stupid shit and for starting trouble with other forum members
    the 3rd warning gets you removed from the forum temporarily

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• So I'm new here and downloaded the 1.8 mod. Now being on the server and actual gameplay is absolutely fine (amazing mod btw) but the server itself often crashes (red lag to infinity). Is there something I can do about it?

• u could show some patience
    i will need to test the mod on a different server (where see clear results and dont have to guess which of the players did cause the crash)
    that will take some time as ive to test every system, every station every jumpgate/jumphole

only that way i will find out whats wrong and then i can fix it (which often is just a matter of seconds)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OP, I like some music. For example battle in Neophobos, it just rocks :) but I can't find the music file :| . In the game's path, AUDIO/MUSIC, there's only the old ones, not the new ones as well :| . What the hell? Can you please tell me where do I find these new ones? ;;D

• OP has spent money on that music and you expect to have it for free? .. I doubt that ^^

• Well, I remember I jsut asked for the name of the song in Inner Core and beyond systems :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• @ OP, I have tried several huds and the setting for color blind, but still have probs seeing reticle quite a bit. I still have the mouse ini file that you released a couple years ago......is it ok to use this file? If its best I wait so it doesnt screw up any debugging...I understand....just asking 8)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D