Crossfire 1.8 Release

There are 341 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• how should i know what is crashing it?
    there are 30ppl online and everyone of them could be reason for the crash
    since i dont even get detailed bug reports its impossible to say

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Well,, no more crashes for now.. and I am out of Sol .. so let's hope there won't be any problems further ;]

• yep, all's looking fine now...

maybe some didn't installed the fixed version hehe as I've seen some cheat kickings today...(by the afternoon GMT)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    when i have some time... that will be in several weeks then i will update the crossfire site
    until then my announcements on this forum and on moddb are valid which means that the download is available at the SWAT Portal download section just like all other downloads.

Alright. So you said the announcements here and on moddb are valid - which means 1.8 is released and available for download. Moddb has no download links or direct DLS, neither does this site, that i can find. I looked for 15 min through most of the forums for freelancer, and have no "download" links.

As I stated before, I think it would be wise to advertise such a great mod a lot more efficiently - at least make a sticky "crossfire 1.8 download & other info" thread. Hell if you want, PM/email me the DL links, and I'll make the thread for you, save you a massive amount of time!

• becaue the mod is Not in the forum, is in the download section... at the portal find there's a Dwonload section :)

I nthat section, it's at Large Mods part.

Or you can also click here :)
    Crossfire 1.8 download<-- as easy as this hehe

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• OP, you should have deleted the entire post of mine, not just editing it so I would look like an asshole now. Please do it, otherwise I will consider you a very bad man!

--

So, I have to uninstall CF, download it again then install it again. Yay... I just hope it's FOR REAL this time.

I will continue to ask this EVERY TIME, until I get an answer :

HOW THE HELL TO MAKE IT RUN ON 1440x900? :) You said it's POSSIBLE, now explain yourself!

• Ah, sorry, DUDE. I tried "path" -d1440x900 and it worked on Discovery. I thought it works on CF as well. Thank you, DUDE, I'll try that >.> fuckin hell!

• then you officially can consider me a bad guy... i dont care

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Radu - have you noticed the edit button? Change your own post!

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

• i want to ask something about activation . because i cant see the settings (reason unknown , it was the 5th time when i reinstalled CF ) i ask you whats the difference between :
    1 Activated
    2 Activated (Oversaturated or something similar)
    3 Activated (Bump Mapping and Motion Blur )

Oh , and maybe someone can make me a screen with the activation settings that i can view , or at least write them in a post . Thx

• Sorry, Anca, I'm used to other forums which don't allow editing of OLDER posts (other than the latest one). My bad. Thanks.

OP, I didn't mean that, I just tried to make it look funny lol, but I failed. I don't think you're a bad man (lol). Sorry, nevermind.

• uhmm ok Spiky i know its... activated (i think it activates the graphical enhancer ) but the simple activated means all effects are on including motion blur and bump mapping , and activated (motion blur and bump mapping ) activates only those 2 effects plus the standard mod shader ?

• when I first installed it I chose 'activated' ... grafic was all fine... but second time 'bump mapping + motion blur' fucked up my grafics and my FPS

so either take 'activated' or just deactivate lol

its up to you if you are willing to reinstall everything or not if it doesn't work on your pc/laptop

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Is it true that nobody is allowed to RP for 14 days? Only i was stopped from taxing some clan that has made billions so far and is by a very long way the richest clan on the server at the moment. when all i wanted was a measly 2 mil tax from them and they said its all over the forums that theres no RP allowed yet. Now ive been constantly looking here but i cant find any such post, so can i kill them all now or what?
    Besides, if it were a smuggling or trading clan, then the they would already have been breaking the rules by doing their RP, trading!.

Where is this rulesaid because i cant find it here... thank you.

• Saxon, OP mentioned in the meeting on Jan 1 that he intends to give people a two week RP-free buffer zone to build up characters before RP begins - at which point he will also get personally involved in orchestrating RP events on the server. There is a new approach being taken and it has the potential to improve the quality of gameplay. :)

That having been said, somebody mentioned downloading the "fixed" version of the mod again. Just to clarify any misunderstanding, how does one know that they have the fixed download?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• If you downloaded it the second day you have the fixed version.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov