The 1 Char Club

There are 50 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Xiron.

Originally posted by SMG_Diablo

yes but the minimum can only be set per account... there is no way to prevent bypassing by creating several accounts... and if you're thinking something about it can be done by IPs you're wrong... you simply use different IP adress every login and nobody can prevent you from having more than one account

Your correct by saying that it doesnt stop people using more than 1 account. Nobody is trying to stop anyone from doing anything here. And nothing will be put forward as a suggestion to OP. People may still choose to do that and no-one is stopping those people.

As a programmer myself, i could automate the task of creating accounts, and filling them up with credits using the cheating methods i've found out from this community, however, i choose not to, i choose to play the game, and enjoy all the mods features, and i feel that its only possible for me to do that if i use 1 char, but its certainly interesting to see what views other people have. Sometimes less is more.

This isnt an Anti-cheating thread, its just one person saying what i feel is necessary for me to get the most enjoyment from the Mod.

• And why shouldn't you, it is up to each individual person how he choose to play that game aslong as it is within the server rules, and as far as i can see no rules have been broken so i don't see a problem.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• hey hey hey, don't need to ask anything, in my opinion the admin/creator is free to make anything he wants or needs to take the best from his creation.I don't intended to ask for anything, I just refer that for a new player it may become hard to play with just one char.

What I can say from my experience, is that I have 2 accounts with 9 chars but in over one year I have only used 2 or 3, and I would only use one if the game was actually like that.

yes people may hold 20, 30, or 40 chars, but the true is that in the end they would play exactly the same way with 3.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• Argos no worries :D

I have 2 accounts, (and 2 more accounts where i've lost the account number)

On my main account i have 1 char, thats the one i'm using now, i deleted all the other chars and made a new one.

And on my laptop i have i think 5 chars with a total over 900 million on: (got given most of the money from LP members for safe keeping and running of clan)

-a char parked in NY with 10 mil on it, for helping with any new recruits.

-a store char

-a Daedalus Defence char

-another fighter char with red rep

-a train.

All useful in their own right, all with a purpose.

Lets take for example the NY char for recruits. I could store all the upgrades on it aswell if i wanted, no server rule against that... If i DIDNT have this char, i would need to drive to NY in my fighter, and if i have enough money, give a little to get the rep hack, then try to get the new LP to a place where we can give support while he/she gets their first taxes or trades. Or even risk travelling through enemy territories with upgrades in my cargo hold. All the while other clans might attack us, and we might have to hire Mercs for protection to help if their isnt enough LP online to help.

Who amongst us thinks that it would be more fun if i didnt have that char in NY?

now think...
    Who amongst us would also sacrifice their recruiting char in the name of RP?

• sarcasm all around...i like this..but handle with care^^

and now...ladies and gents song dedicated to 1 char...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KLeC9RvrKrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KLeC9RvrKrU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    ...if i can make it there, I'll make it anywhere... ;)

Originally posted by Bond
    sarcasm all around...i like this..but handle with care^^

very correct to handle with care, didnt realise i was being sarcastic though. It is true, im only using 1 char, and i used to use many, its the using of many that brought me to the conclusion that 1 is better, thats how i feel, but i think i can relate to what other people are saying about needing a store. I thought it was an interesting thread.

Maybe as this is a sensitive topic to so many we should sweep in under the carpet. For the sake of not causing any arguments.

I'll forget i asked those questions.

• Shouldn't be cause for arguments....the idea is a hard one for sure...imo thats why original FL allowed 5 chars. I do have ideas on this topic, however, I will refrain from commenting on that.
    Cya in space mateys

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Once I find a clan to fly with for my return to the server, then I too will probably take up this oath as well. Because why would I need anything except a fighter? Ah well. Returning after 4 years, I'll have to see what's changed first.

I'm baaaaaaack......time to find a group to fly with.