CF 1.8 gameplay

There are 78 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Drakon.

• well i'm just suggesting to improve guns which are quite unused here...

but bear in mind that everything what OP will do will satisfy me, as other imrpovments are not to be forgotten ^^

wait wait Marten, maybe she will be MY girlfriend...In night, she could play with my..uhm..my ethernet cables?

-Technically, make out with a girl is like connecting with another PC to win full administrator access ;)
    -LOL
    -So do you want try connecting with me?
    -I dunno is it safe
    -I promise i won't corrupt your files baby
    -OMG MY 0WN3R IS H3R3 G2G L8R
    ....in the meantime
    -What are ya doin' Pintsize?
    -Well i'm busy erm could you leave me a while....i need defragmenting now.

Questionable Content

• Anybody saw the post from NewPol - look at his registration date and get the idea that this way the CF Players was reacting some years ago. It made me thinking about behavior.

So for your post NewPol: [697]

They said thanks for the work you are doing to OP instead of demanding things they can´t know yet - cause one thing is sure - he always had a look to the balance of all the stuff (just write the 1.7 stats down and compare it) and this will not change.

And btw. U600 Guns are not unused ;)

Click the image above to visit us.

• As a guns only fighter, i welcome these changes to the missiles, sounds really good, it will definateley open the pvps up more.

Other things i beleive are essential to open the game up a lot more:

A good Positron Shield, class 10, on par with Champ.
    A good Molecular shield, class 10, on par with Champ.

The uber Trio of guns CG/DKA/PPC altered to have modifiers against 1!!! of each!!! of these shields, not all good against the same type of shield.

this is just a request, because i feel this would make CF better. I think its a very worthy recommendation, and would be interested to hear why anyone thinks it wouldnt be a good idea?

It is boring to see everyone fly the same ship, with the same guns, and the same sheilds, and same upgrades all the time.

• Froggy, U600 is right. Name me 5 people who use guns as their primary offensive weapons (and I don't mean against NPC hunts in Vega) and I'll shoot myself cause I see that pretty much everyone uses missles like nuts.

Oh and Saxon I think there already was a statement I read some time ago that each of those weapons will be more effective against different type of Class 10 shield, but I'm not sure.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• oh good i do hope so Jack. :)

I'm a guns only fighter, they are my primary, i use 4xCG and used to have Wyrms, but tried various combos in those 9 slots, such as Tiz, and Vulcan Batt, Collapser. I even changed ships sometimes to get an extra 360 turret, and stuck a nice 800 speed gun in there hehe. but, shame the ship wasnt strong enough hull to take a pvp well. good for hit n run tho.

Tried missiles out but never got the hang of them.
    So i died a lot, but found certain guns were better against certain people ;)

• +1 jack bauer, u said what i just wanted to say : didnt say guns are absent, but most never use em as PRIMARY weps
    good idea saxon raider.
    but the DKA and PPC are better than CG.Why? cause looks at its effects, CG are quite small guns effects (like nomad guns) so its harder to hit with me, but DK and PPC are greater in that effects, make hiting a bit easier.
    oh plz make new guns it wont take more than one day i guess :(
    just make effects write a little text write numbers balance em and calculate refires e.g.:
    DK : 800 hull dmg refire 2.00, ( a gun) : 400 hull dmg refire 4.00
    etc... it will be perfect balance.

in my first starts at CF, i used a gunso and staid one day and emoved that setup, im pretty unhappy with my three missiles and i blow up on em, cause im not used to em. im most of a gunso.

well
    bea in mind that i dont insult OP efforts, or his work, i say that its worth caring about gunners a bit, would bring more vanillia players here.

Regards
    Viper / Salim

wait wait Marten, maybe she will be MY girlfriend...In night, she could play with my..uhm..my ethernet cables?

-Technically, make out with a girl is like connecting with another PC to win full administrator access ;)
    -LOL
    -I dunno is it safe
    ....in the meantime

Questionable Content

• I use CG because the small bullets help me see what im shooting at, the ppc are so big that the bullets stop me from seeing which way my target is turning which is absoluteley critical to winning a dogfight. DKA are a compromise between the 2, but i still prefer the CG.

Also, as a pirate, you need to use the element of surprise a lot. most people dont even realise theyre being shot at straight away, and dont notice when your attacing their fellow clan members, which makes them great for ambushes!!. ;D

That being said, i cant pvp for long periods of time as its hard work seeing these small bullets, but the plusses outnumber the negatives by far :)

• offtopic : try to use chainfire mate

-LOL
    -I dunno is it safe
    ....in the meantime

Questionable Content

• chainfire dont work for me, because i time my shots to use maximum damage with 1 hit, hit n run tactics, fire and move, fire and move, the chainfire is mostly used by spray and pray types ;) does damage more often but smaller damage for each shot, plus a major downside is that it forces you to fly predictably, i.e. you will need to be facing your target and aiming at them for longer period, so you are less likeley to be ably to avoid missiles or gunfire yourself. choosing weapons that fire fast, i.e. not fast rate, but high speed projectile is more important, thats why 800 speed turret seemed a good idea.
    anyway yes, were drifting off topic....

• the shields and gun types are still on the to-do list as I have had no time yet to build equipment

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yes rum + sidewinder fang

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• 1.8 coming out will tell us what the game play is. Everything else is just imagination of the "info" we get.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• that's all we can do for sure....

-LOL
    -I dunno is it safe
    ....in the meantime

Questionable Content

• *Looking at Saxon's sig* Which one is the real treasure down there on you sig? I would take the upper treasure ;)

• The reason that i love CF so much and keep coming back is because it always evolves. So i'm very eager to see the changes 1.8 will bring. The fighting styles have changed 3 times since i play CF, and we've always adapted and prospered. The ability to adapt is what makes us good pilots and fighters.

So when i came back not long ago, i was amazed how much the fighting has changed, i didn't like the missiles, but adapted and I'm almost the fighter i was before.

So The reason i welcome the missiles changes, and would want for people with guns to have better chances, isn't because I suck with missiles, but because the other day in the mass fight part of the ASF/CSF RP above planet honshu i saw the same thing i saw in other fights. People were firing their guns just for the sound of it, they weren't aiming a lot.
    So i've stopped using the guns and had the same kill ratio, actually maybe better.

So if people can stop wearing guns as jewelery in 1.8 will be enough for me.

Can't wait to explore all the new things, cheers and see you in space ;)

Rank + Codename: Captain Blade
    Wing: Dragon Wing
    Organization + Leader: DragonCorps - DC_Hägar

• man i hope i can still play good when its released lol haven't played many
    games for awhile lol fighting style i prefer is agility and hard hitting but
    probably crap now lol but like you guys have been talking about, it'll
    be interesting to see if people have to change fighting and weapon
    tactics to compensate to new AI and weapon configs of other players
    and NPC's

OP i still praise you for the light fighter AI lol most fun iv had in freelancer:D

• I personally hope the combat in game does change as much as some of the things I've read suggest - not as an issue of weapons balance, but rather as a way to keep the gameplay evolving. It's easy to get good at PvP given enough practice, but when a person is encouraged to buy different equipment and ships... when they are forced to learn new techniques and strategies to win (or even survive, for that matter) it takes the predictability out of combat and encourages people to diversify, specialize, and hone their skills. As features change and improve, so too should the players. Change keeps things interesting.

It's an art, really (and I suck at it). ^^

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D: